Will Froome ride the Giro?

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ddraver wrote:
    I hadnt seen that one!

#DAF

(I mean they werent going to be black, I wouldnt have ruled out blue or red* though)

*not red, marroon, to match the tie/pocket square combo

I quite enjoy he tries be dapper. And then puts stuff in the pockets of his trousers to completely ruin any kind of line.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    inseine wrote:
    Interesting comments on L'equipe. Apart from the (quite a few) nutters saying he has a motor, there are quite a lot of positive comments. Such as:
    'Whatever he does he will always be criticized! he takes the risk of not getting his fifth Tour to try a hat-trick. He managed the double so why not. At least we will stop saying that he has no panache. The panache, a French word that always justifies the failed victories of our riders ... '

That is a great quote. He/she's hit the nail on the head. Sums up the attitude problem in France currently.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • timoid.
    Lay off the brown shoes. I have a pair just like them and they are the mutts nuts.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Timoid. wrote:
    Lay off the brown shoes. I have a pair just like them and they are the mutts nuts.

For work?
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Timoid. wrote:

For work?
    One of my colleagues ONLY has brown shoes! He's French.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

For work?

I hope he wears some clothes as well - it was meant to feel like -4 this morning.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

For work?

Well yes. They put style above arcane never-to-be-mentioned-rules to single you out as an insider or an outsider.
  • andyp wrote:
    I think this was when they heard Chris was riding.

bettiniphoto_0306273_1_2000px_670.jpg

@ddraver - are you blind man? :shock:

Only a Dutchman could wear those shoes with that outfit. Am I right, Rick?

DAF*

*Dutch As F*ck

"Oxfords not Brogues" - he is quite the dapper gent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

For work?

Well yes. They put style above arcane never-to-be-mentioned-rules to single you out as an insider or an outsider.

No self respecting Italian would wear black shoes during the day either.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Like ATC, since living in Holland I ve found I have a lot of time for the browner shoe...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • nickice
    nickice Posts: 2,439
    yes, yes, its anti-semitism. that must be it. I mean, if the Giro started in Bahrain, well different story. I mean, as some here may attest my appetite to support Bahrain is LEGENDARY, and I'd already be surfing the Gulf Air site.

SMH.

You need to take your own advice about actually reading (or is it just understanding?) a post... The point was not that Israel is perfect and can't be criticised but that it gets a lot more attention compared to other countries with far worse regimes. This is especially the case with the European and British left.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I was quite pleased that I've finally posted a thread that's managed over 10 pages, but it seems to have descended into shoes and antisemitism.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    The former is the type of diversion that is the hallmark of all long BR threads

The only other ones that get that long are
    *A visit from the clinic
    *Waiting/not waiting
    *Frenchie's wrong
    *motors
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,532
    A spoiler thread relating to a stage with a controversial incident has good potential too.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    For all the style experts on this thread - do you have a brown suit?

Or a green one?

And if you do, black or brown?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    ddraver wrote:
    The former is the type of diversion that is the hallmark of all long BR threads

The only other ones that get that long are
    *A visit from the clinic
    *Waiting/not waiting
    *Frenchie's wrong
    *motors

You've missed Iains Law of the Cav's Finished thread.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    nickice wrote:
    yes, yes, its anti-semitism. that must be it. I mean, if the Giro started in Bahrain, well different story. I mean, as some here may attest my appetite to support Bahrain is LEGENDARY, and I'd already be surfing the Gulf Air site.

SMH.

You need to take your own advice about actually reading (or is it just understanding?) a post... The point was not that Israel is perfect and can't be criticised but that it gets a lot more attention compared to other countries with far worse regimes. This is especially the case with the European and British left.

If you want to go round calling out criticism of the Giro starting in Israel as anti-semitic on the basis that nobody bothers about Bahrain etc., then you'd be wise to notice that many posters on this board - not least Richmond Racer - have been extremely critical of Bahrain etc.

And while we're on the topic of the left, I can vouch for the fact that RR2 has absolutely zero tolerance for anti-semitism from there.

Meanwhile, as your whataboutery seems to be fashionable these days and you brought up other regimes yourself, which prominent politicians from the right have been protesting the continued sales of arms to Saudi, while they wage a war that is a humanitarian crisis in Yemen?

You see, the thing is, you know so little of the opinions or actions of the people you're arguing with. You construct generalised straw-man arguments based on us being representative of some wider cultural bias. It's shoddy work, and deeply offensive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Bo Duke wrote:

Or a green one?

Not a style expert, but with a brown suit I wear brown shoes and occasionally black.

I won't wear brown shoes with a blue, black or grey suit. The amount of times I see brown shoes with a blue or grey suit drives me mental.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • salsiccia1
    nickice wrote:

SMH.

If you want to go round calling out criticism of the Giro starting in Israel as anti-semitic on the basis that nobody bothers about Bahrain etc., then you'd be wise to notice that many posters on this board - not least Richmond Racer - have been extremely critical of Bahrain etc.

And while we're on the topic of the left, I can vouch for the fact that RR2 has absolutely zero tolerance for anti-semitism from there.

Meanwhile, as your whataboutery seems to be fashionable these days and you brought up other regimes yourself, which prominent politicians from the right have been protesting the continued sales of arms to Saudi, while they wage a war that is a humanitarian crisis in Yemen?

You see, the thing is, you know so little of the opinions or actions of the people you're arguing with. You construct generalised straw-man arguments based on us being representative of some wider cultural bias. It's shoddy work, and deeply offensive.

*applause*
  • rick_chasey
    nickice wrote:

SMH.

Take a look at Nick's "most posted thread" on his profile.

Easier to realise he just likes to be anti-muslim and wants excuses to be so.
  • rick_chasey
    Bo Duke wrote:

Or a green one?

I'd love to know what instances these are worn in.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Bo Duke wrote:

Or a green one?

Guy at work wears green suit with brown shoes... he also ties his ties inside out...

It's Friday so I'm going with the blue suit brown shoes combo today. Sorry Salsiccia...
  • rick_chasey
    dish_dash wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

Or a green one?

Guy at work wears green suit with brown shoes... he also ties his ties inside out...

It's Friday so I'm going with the blue suit brown shoes combo today.

What the hell is going on over there!
  • nickice
    nickice wrote:

SMH.

If you actually bothered to read my posts, you'd see that I wasn't solely talking about the Giro rather than the attitude towards Israel as a whole. Of course, I didn't accuse Richmond Racer of anti-semitism or of not criticising Bahrain but don't let facts get in the way of your rant. And you accuse me of strawmen...
  • timoid.
    Timoid. wrote:

For work?

Some days (I know brown in town), but never in front of a client.
  • timoid.
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

Or a green one?

Not a style expert, but with a brown suit I wear brown shoes and occasionally black.

I won't wear brown shoes with a blue, black or grey suit. The amount of times I see brown shoes with a blue or grey suit drives me mental.

You are clearly not Italian. An Italian will never wear black shoes with a blue suit. Brown only. Black shoes for grey / black suits.
  • nickice
    nickice wrote:

SMH.

Take a look at Nick's "most posted thread" on his profile.

Easier to realise he just likes to be anti-muslim and wants excuses to be so.

You keep saying that but in all the times we've discussed this, you've never actually provided any proof (or any evidence at all for that matter) that I'm anti-Muslim...But, I'm sure you're ready to provide such evidence now....If not, maybe stop with the accusations.
  • salsiccia1
    Timoid. wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

Or a green one?

You are clearly not Italian. An Italian will never wear black shoes with a blue suit. Brown only. Black shoes for grey / black suits.

You are correct, I'm not Italian :lol:

I also did point out that I'm not a style expert. Just an opinionated git :wink:
  • timoid.
    nickice wrote:

If you actually bothered to read my posts, you'd see that I wasn't solely talking about the Giro rather than the attitude towards Israel as a whole. Of course, I didn't accuse Richmond Racer of anti-semitism or of not criticising Bahrain but don't let facts get in the way of your rant. And you accuse me of strawmen...

I think this is all getting confused.

1. RR is not anti-semetic (I don't think anyone has actually accused her of this) and is equally critical of other unethical regimes.

2. Nickice is raising a legitimate if arguable point. It does seem (to my subjective eyes) that criticism of Israel (and for that matter banking) has increasingly got a bit of a zionist conspiracy / anti-semetic vibe to it. The awful rumblings in the Labour party recently are a good example of this. This shouldn't detract from the warrarnted criticsm of the clearly wrong actions of the Israeli government and settlers.

Now back to Brown vs. Black shoes. A much better topic.
  • nickice
    Timoid. wrote:
    nickice wrote:

I think this is all getting confused.

1. RR is not anti-semetic (I don't think anyone has actually accused her of this) and is equally critical of other unethical regimes.

2. Nickice is raising a legitimate if arguable point. It does seem (to my subjective eyes) that criticism of Israel (and for that matter banking) has increasingly got a bit of a zionist conspiracy / anti-semetic vibe to it. The awful rumblings in the Labour party recently are a good example of this. This shouldn't detract from the warrarnted criticsm of the clearly wrong actions of the Israeli government and settlers.

Now back to Brown vs. Black shoes. A much better topic.

Well said. I'm going to let this one go now.