1789101113»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,647
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Nibali skipping Giro, going straight to the Tour

Nibali wants to ride Flanders as it happens.

Hope to fook not. Couldn't stand seeing him win it.

I wouldn't worry about that.
  • rick_chasey
    Dumolin is riding the Giro.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Dumolin is riding the Giro.

Got to be a favourite.
  • rick_chasey
    So we have an entire thread of Froome riding the Grip and one reply to the breaking news that Dumolin will too?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Dumoulin won it last year, so it's not really a surprise now is it...
  • So we have an entire thread of Froome riding the Grip and one reply to the breaking news that Dumolin will too?

Probably because nobody has heard of Dumolin.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    So we have an entire thread of Froome riding the Grip and one reply to the breaking news that Dumolin will too?

Probably because nobody has heard of Dumolin.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Dumoulin won it last year, so it's not really a surprise now is it...
    Well, i think it is to be honest and must have been influenced by the Froome situtaion. Dumoulin will need to have a crack at the Tour but wasn't sure 2018 was a great route for him. Problem is, the route might be getting less and less favorable for his type of rider.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Does anyone think Dumolin will do the Giro?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870

Does, or Did?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Does anyone think Dumolin will do the Giro?

I must be honest, that when I watched the presentation and they asked Dumoulin straight out, my reaction was 'no way'.
    Maybe he is now figuring that Froome could well be sidelined for the Giro, but likely back, fit, fresh and ready for the Tour?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • tailwindhome
    Daniel B wrote:

Does, or Did?

Sorry. Just a weak joke.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    I have a suspicion that Froome won't ride the Tour.

Can't make all the pieces fit yet, but I don't buy that their knowledge of the Adverse test and the decision (which surprised everyone) to ride the Giro aren't connected.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

Can't make all the pieces fit yet, but I don't buy that their knowledge of the Adverse test and the decision (which surprised everyone) to ride the Giro aren't connected.
    You mean like when Contador chose to ride the 2011 Giro because he knew he had his appeal due in June (later postponed to August).

I think the hearing for this will be done by Giro time.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552

Agree. He’s going to get a ban, and with Lappartient trying to make a name for himself...
  • joelsim
    Mousebike is riding the Tour for GC.

Roglic riding Giro but only for stage wins rather than GC. Then riding the Tour in support of the above.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    ^Mousebike?
  • RichN95.
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ^Mousebike?
    Mousebike is used to explain how to pronounce Kruijswijk.
  • joelsim
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ^Mousebike?

Krausvike.

Kruijswijk.

Cruisewick.
  • Mad_Malx
    Every day a school day.
    I’d assumed Croyes
  • joelsim
    Pinot not riding the Giro, confirmed.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Just a thought but with the possibility of a suspension ahead, are sky (knowing their obsession with the tour) likely to have confirmed Froome will ride the giro not actually because he wants to hold all three GT titles at once but because it could be the first race he can ride in 2018 - so basically using it to get him ready for his tour defence?
  • Mad_Malx
    A 9 month ban from the adverse will overlap with Giro.
    As someone else said, maybe the unexpected announcement was so that a ban looks like he is missing something, otherwise nearly all the time is when he wouldn’t have raced (loses vuelta and world bronze tho)
  • RichN95.
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    A 9 month ban from the adverse will overlap with Giro.
    As someone else said, maybe the unexpected announcement was so that a ban looks like he is missing something, otherwise nearly all the time is when he wouldn’t have raced (loses vuelta and world bronze tho)
    He probably won't lose the Worlds bronze. They probably can't backdate any ban before the B sample was confirmed. Ulissi only lost the result on the specific stage of Giro he was tested on. His second place in the TT the next day still stands. (He didn't finish that Giro so there was no GC position to scrap)
  • joelsim
    Who knows!

Ulissi’s ban was backdated to when he was provisionally suspended by Lampre.