overhead shot shows it clearly - Sagan
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited July 2017
    Sagz

Not good
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    That looked nasty. It appeared there was room for Cav to get through there as well.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    Cav showed how to select the perfect wheel but that gap was always going to be risky and someone shut it without looking. Looked relatively innocuous by bunch sprint crash standards but it's rare for Cav to stay down.

Sagan chucking an elbow in there! Probably instinctive.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    fark sagan put his elbow out. not that there was much of agap anyway
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    Gweeds wrote:
    A definite elbow from Sagan there
    That's the way i saw it.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    He's got previous for that this season hasn't he? Hope Cav's OK.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    RichN95 wrote:
    I think Sagan elbowed him into the barrier?
    That's how it looked to me.
    +1
    :evil:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • That was one of the most hectic/terrifying run ins I've ever witnessed. Was waiting for the crash.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    Not sure there'd have been more that a bit of a baulk at most had not been for the elbow going out.
  • Bo Duke
    I hope G hasn't lost any time after his tumble? It was inside the 3 kms mark so what does that mean, I forget?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    That was one of the most hectic/terrifying run ins I've ever witnessed. Was waiting for the crash.

The abdujaparov crash was worse - but Cav was awful still
  • That was an insane run in. I've had to switch off and get on with work - is Cav up yet?
  • The ITV lads (Imlach and Boardman) were fairly sure Sagan hasn't seen Cavendish, he's just been forced right and in trying to keep his balance has thrown his elbow out. According to them they're sure that Cav just came round him at the wrong moment. Sagan was having a right go at Greipel as he crossed the line though. Bloody terrible crash, but I would hang back from burning Sagan at the stake just yet.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Dat is niet kosher van de wereldkampioen is the conclusion of the Dutch commentators.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Bo Duke
    CAV BROKEN SHOULDER
  • The ITV lads (Imlach and Boardman) were fairly sure Sagan hasn't seen Cavendish, he's just been forced right and in trying to keep his balance has thrown his elbow out. According to them they're sure that Cav just came round him at the wrong moment. Sagan was having a right go at Greipel as he crossed the line though. Bloody terrible crash, but I would hang back from burning Sagan at the stake just yet.

We're cycling fans, dont be crazy, course we have the pitchforks

Photo of Cav up and about, but holding his arm in a way that screams collar bone
  • Dat is niet kosher van de wereldkampioen is the conclusion of the Dutch commentators.

Que?
  • imatfaal wrote:
    That was one of the most hectic/terrifying run ins I've ever witnessed. Was waiting for the crash.

Certainly, but from ~5k out it just went mental. Trains smashed to bits, riders all over.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • above_the_cows
    edited July 2017
    Dat is niet kosher on the replay. That looked deliberate to me. That's a hell of a flick if accidental.
  • Gutted
  • Sagz chopped Cav. Cmon.
  • above_the_cows
    Anyway congrats to Demare.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Poor Cav. Any news on G? No time loss presumably, but hope he's fit for tomorrow. Hate crashes taking the major players out before you even get to see them race properly. :(
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    imatfaal wrote:

Certainly, but from ~5k out it just went mental. Trains smashed to bits, riders all over.

Ah yes - see what you mean; the dreadful inevitability of it
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2017
    DD5o_MhXsAAgEt1.jpg
    Looks more like a racing incident from the front. Chasing wheels for space.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Not sure it's intentional off Sagan. They were all over the place, Demare cut off Bouhanni as well after Cav hit the barriers
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    What happened to cause the first crash? Someone seemed to just stop.
  • above_the_cows
    They're saying the first crash was also Sagan.
  • Gutted