*SPOILER* TOur of Yorkshire*SPOILER*

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Christ, I know NUTS mag has folded but I don't think think this is where its readers would pony up
    I said it earlier in this thread I feel like I'm back in the 70s, though one poster can take 90% of the credit
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    inseine wrote:
    Christ, I know NUTS mag has folded but I don't think think this is where its readers would pony up
    I said it earlier in this thread I feel like I'm back in the 70s, though one poster can take 90% of the credit

There was never really has been a better time than the 70's, things have not changed for the better, but thats another discussion better suited to elsewhere
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,905
    To add even more spice to today's stage, the weather is playing ball.
    Dry, but with a strong crosswind for most of the day. :)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,156

Hear hear. Some pathetic juvenile sexism on show over the past few days.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,215
    To add even more spice to today's stage, the weather is playing ball.
    Dry, but with a strong crosswind for most of the day. :)

About to ride up to Haworth to see the race and can confirm it's pretty chuffing windy up here, a strong Easterly
  • andyp wrote:

Bore off. Bet you're the kind of guys who just argue for the very sake of argument. Nothing to bring to the conversation other that a furled brow of dissatisfaction at others comments but have nothing to offer other than petty insults and some undeserved sense of moral superiority.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,156

Bore off. Bet you're the kind of guys who just argue for the very sake of argument. Nothing to bring to the conversation other that a furled brow of dissatisfaction at others comments but have nothing to offer other than petty insults and some undeserved sense of moral superiority.

If you think that treating any woman, never mind, professional athletes as nothing more than masturbation fodder is acceptable then you deserve nothing but contempt.
  • andyp wrote:

If you think that treating professional athletes as nothing more than rub fodder is acceptable then you deserve nothing but contempt.

Did I say that? I went along to watch a race. I was just making an observation. You need to chill out or get laid. Considering this forum has a very largely commented on thread called the Big Girls Thread I think that a fair few contributors to this forum don't get as outrageously offended as others.
  • andyp wrote:

Nothing to bring to the conversation y.
    There is no 'conversation'. We are talking about the TdY
  • andyp wrote:

There is no 'conversation'. We are talking about the TdY. Which we should get back to ...
  • andyp wrote:

There is no 'conversation'. We are talking about the TdY

Yes. I commented I stood there all day to watch both races go by. It was a good day out and where I was it was very well supported. Good to see so many people out doing so. But buzzkillington decides to jump on a small part of the post and over inflated it above the rest of the piece. He drew attention to it for no other reason than to sneer and try and look morally superior.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,057
    Bahaha. You mean she.

Meanwhile the mother in law can now spot Voeckler by his style and refers to Bouhani as "that angry boxer sprinter", 3 years in.

....though she doesn't understand why I quite like him. Or maybe she doesn't want to.
  • blazing_saddles
    Steven Kruijswijk is a non-starter.
    The race was already looking pretty thin on proper GC contenders.

They are off, proper.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Know these roads intimately but haven't ridden them fior years so lovely to see them from the air. Looks a very small field but should be a good days racing
  • blazing_saddles
    The 5 man break has sort of got away, but there is still a lot going on in the bunch.
  • blazing_saddles
    Weening and Smukulis join up with the Hayman group to make is a magnificent seven.

Even the non catagorised "lumps" are so hard.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Weening and Smukulis join up with the Hayman group to make is a magnificent seven.

I've been dropped multiple times on that "little" lump between Bolton Abbey and Burnsal. Worth it for the excellent cafe just by the bridge though :)
  • philwint wrote:

I've been dropped multiple times on that "little" lump between Bolton Abbey and Burnsal.

Hah, yes. I constantly forget about that and always end up in the wrong gear or with the wind in my face or both.
  • blazing_saddles
    Echelons being squeezed out by the big boys there for a while.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    edited April 2017
    On haworth, 4 mins to the break. Roadside support is phenomenal, on the climb it's like a big tour climb. Makes you proud!
  • blazing_saddles
    Riders already going out the back, with 3 hours of the race still to go and the potential for echelons growing.
  • blazing_saddles
    The crowds are as mind boggling as the gradients on the climbs.
  • bobmcstuff
    This climb could be in Flanders!

Shibden wall?
  • blazing_saddles
    Shibben Wall>>>Paterberg/Koppenberg.
    There are at least 8 uncatagorised climbs before the 4 catagorised climbs still too come.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,428
    There are at least 8 uncatagorised climbs before the 4 catagorised climbs still too come.

Have you ridden all three? Genuinely interested in where it ranks alongside the Flandrian classics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff
    Brighouse absolutely packed out.

Millar making the point it's one of the best attended races in the calendar, way more than its categorisation would indicate.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,475

Have you ridden all three? Genuinely interested in where it ranks alongside the Flandrian classics.

I've ridden all three and would say it's at least as hard. It's in a sportive called the Ronde van Calderdale and there's 2 cobbled climbs on that that I can think of which are more difficult than Shibden, old lane and Trooper Lane which is beyond belief.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,475
    Steven Kruijswijk is a non-starter.
    The race was already looking pretty thin on proper GC contenders.

They are off, proper.

Its a shame the field is so poor this year. Maybe a 4th day will help it get world tour status and attract better riders.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    Trooper Lane can viewed here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IouimvedG0

Shibben and others, too.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    gsk82 wrote:

I've ridden all three and would say it's at least as hard. It's in a sportive called the Ronde van Calderdale and there's 2 cobbled climbs on that that I can think of which are more difficult than Shibden, old lane and Trooper Lane which is beyond belief.

more difficult :shock: hells teeth even the pros looked to be grinding to a halt on Shibden, theres no way Id make it up that :)