*SPOILER* TOur of Yorkshire*SPOILER*

Comments

• thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    This is going to be an impressive win for a rider who is supposedly a shadow of her former self...
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    thegibdog wrote:
    This is going to be an impressive win for a rider who is supposedly a shadow of her former self...

yes, one in the eye I think
  • Vino'sGhost
    its bloody good womens racing
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,213
    Good race, and very impressive ride from Lizzie.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Yeah, great race. It looked like the chase were going to bring it back at one point and that Boels weren't going to be able to drop King. Good to see the entire race televised on terrestrial tv too.
  • Vino'sGhost
    is it the same route for the men?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,213
    is it the same route for the men?

Yes
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Bloody strong finish too!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,403
    Was slightly hoping that Dani King would "Stannard" Bowls Doorman but fair play Lizzie...

First race I ve properly watched this year so nice to start with a decent one.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,903
    Very unprofessional of the women to actually make an exciting race over the last 25kms.
    Dani should have done a deal with Lizzie for second and then they could have avoided all that unnecessary panache. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    riding on my regular club run roads - I really do enjoy this race :)

Was great to see Lizzy winning too.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,952
    I do like Dani, turns up at local Regional races one week and mixes it with the best the next. Probably more harshly treated by BC than any of those who have been mouthing off to the press but other than an initial expression of disappointment just sucked it up and got on with it. Very approachable, class act all around.
  • Pross
    Always good to see the opening miles. I've never seen a team block the road so aggressively to prevent people joining the break, the One Pro rider almost got forced off the road when he tried to clip off the front (but then no-one likes One Pro!).
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    C-k_DGPXYAErE1T.jpg:large
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    ^ is that really a yorkshire puddn trophy?

Class!
  • Vino'sGhost
    i dont think shes eaten a yorkshire pudding in her life ever.
  • Vino'sGhost
    be interesting to see the difference in speed if any between the women and the men up that brutal climb
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763

She's an Otley lass, so I bet she has :)
  • Vino'sGhost
    ah they took it easy
  • Vino'sGhost
    philwint wrote:

She's an Otley lass, so I bet she has :)

haha and sausages
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,903
    ah they took it easy

They were always going to toodle up it.
    This race is following the designated script, for they have tomorrow to worry about.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross wrote:
    I do like Dani, turns up at local Regional races one week and mixes it with the best the next. Probably more harshly treated by BC than any of those who have been mouthing off to the press but other than an initial expression of disappointment just sucked it up and got on with it. Very approachable, class act all around.

Agreed. She's class, is Dani
  • Tom Dean wrote:
    C-k_DGPXYAErE1T.jpg:large

WANT
  • Pross
    Strong sprint by Bouhanni there. Caleb seems top class at coming second in a bunch sprint. Decent final few kms but a bit disappointing overall for a short stage. Tough racing ahead I guess.
  • Pross wrote:
    Strong sprint by Bouhanni there. Caleb seems top class at coming second in a bunch sprint. Decent final few kms but a bit disappointing overall for a short stage. Tough racing ahead I guess.

Spent hours stood on a street corner with the bike in Masham waiting for them to arrive. Fems race was as well spread out coming through. Still. Lots of lithe girls in tight Lycra. Mmmmmm

Oh yeah, and the men's race looked fast as it passed through. Shame I missed the finish up the road.
  • Christ, I know NUTS mag has folded but I don't think think this is where its readers would pony up
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,475
    Pross wrote:

Does anyone else think two sprint stages and a tough one at the end to decide everything is a bad formula? After the first edition it was made out that the first stage decided it and that's why they changed it. That theory ignored the fact that nordhaug had to get through the last stage to , which was been hyped as the toughest until it happened and he held on
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    That's a good honest bake that. The timings look spot on!
  • Great sprint. I love that boy

Yes nice of the girls to put a bit of a show on first while waiting for the proper race. Some real dolly birds :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,044
    Lotto need to work on getting Groenewegen into place.

Not good. He always ends up DIYing