snap general election?

Comments

• bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Ruth (over phone) it's a block grant.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Ruth, it's a block grant.
    Ruth, it's a block grant from the magic money tree
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,533
    DDP9SghWAAEKqGN.jpg:large
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,533
    https://twitter.com/DuncanWeldon/status ... 9635708930
    1.8m people in Northern Ireland/65m in UK as a whole, so £1bn over 2 years is just about (per capita) £350m a week. Ho-hum.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Ha! Great front page.
  • It only cost £1bn to wind up all the lefties into a foaming at the mouth whinging mess.

Sounds like bargain of the year to me :lol:
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Maybe some Labour supporters who are currently so aghast need to remember that Gordon Brown sought a deal with the DUP in 2010 to help him cling onto power. Ed Milliband reportedly also sought a similar deal.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,731
    It only cost £1bn to wind up all the lefties into a foaming at the mouth whinging mess.

You have strange priorities for public spending.
  • It only cost £1bn to wind up all the lefties into a foaming at the mouth whinging mess.

You have strange priorities for public spending.

Compared to the Labour manifesto that included £6.1bn extra spending due to Barnett consequentials alone, it is a bargain
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    It only cost £1bn to wind up all the lefties into a foaming at the mouth whinging mess.

So Remain voting N Ireland who already receive significantly more help per capita from the British taxpayer than Conservative/Brexit voting England are going to receive a greater handout.Great. Somehow I don't think the "lefties" are the ones who are going to get annoyed here.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,395
    DDP9SghWAAEKqGN.jpg:large

George Osborne is a pillock but that's brilliant.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    It's good photoshopping but others had been using that meme since about 1 second after the deal.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,550
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:

billion

pounds

mwa mwa ha ha ha

All to secure votes she was guaranteed to get anyway.

A masterclass in negotiation!
    How much was Corbyn promising to give away in order to secure votes? This is small beer by comparison.

Superb.

Entirely expected, but superbly delivered nonetheless.
    And very true. Which is why it was predictable that I posted it :wink:

Try costing up his manifesto promises (as he didn't bother to cost a lot of them)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:

billion

pounds

mwa mwa ha ha ha

How much was Corbyn promising to give away in order to secure votes? This is small beer by comparison.

Superb.

Try costing up his manifesto promises (as he didn't bother to cost a lot of them)
    hmmm, can't remember the tories costing in £1b to bribe 10 mp's either, but sure you'll explain it?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:

billion

pounds

mwa mwa ha ha ha

Superb.

As opposed to the Tories who saved time by not costing any of them.

And then ditching most of them anyway.

Strong and stable.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,051
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:

billion

pounds

mwa mwa ha ha ha

Yeah, but whataboutCorbyn?

Superb.

Yeah, but whataboutCorbyn?

He didn’t win. He's not trying to form a government (thank goodness). This is entirely TM & Co's f*** up. "It could be worse" is just deflection.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    https://order-order.com/2017/06/26/nige ... dence-dup/

Oh please yes do it, let's hear all the gory details about these hypocrites on the left.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:

billion

pounds

mwa mwa ha ha ha

Superb.

hmmm, can't remember the tories costing in £1b to bribe 10 mp's either, but sure you'll explain it?
    He was bribing the voters...
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/12/labour-party-recognise-90bn-cost-deliver-manifesto-pledges-election

Now that's what I call a bribe - £90 billion: none if this pi$$ing in the wind with a paltry one billion. If only he had a hope in hell of raising it :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:

billion

pounds

mwa mwa ha ha ha

Superb.

As opposed to the Tories who saved time by not costing any of them.

And then ditching most of them anyway.

Strong and stable.
    As opposed to not in power :wink:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,051
    Shortfall wrote:
    https://order-order.com/2017/06/26/nigel-dodds-threatens-publish-labour-correspondence-dup/

Oh please yes do it, let's hear all the gory details about these hypocrites on the left.
    And presumably the hypocrites in the DUP who have been saying that they will talk do anything to keep Labour out. :?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kingstongraham
    rjsterry wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:
    https://order-order.com/2017/06/26/nigel-dodds-threatens-publish-labour-correspondence-dup/

And presumably the hypocrites in the DUP who have been saying that they will talk do anything to keep Labour out. :?

They have been saying anything to keep Corbyn out, not Labour.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    narbs wrote:

billion

pounds

mwa mwa ha ha ha

Superb.

He was bribing the voters...
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/12/labour-party-recognise-90bn-cost-deliver-manifesto-pledges-election

Now that's what I call a bribe - £90 billion: none if this pi$$ing in the wind with a paltry one billion. If only he had a hope in hell of raising it :lol:

Everyone knows he would not have been able to raise the money so would have borrowed whatever the gap was. That is the really scary thing hidden behind their manifesto.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,188
    Ach, let's get to the nub. So, is Coopster a Stevo mini me? Or is Coopster a Stevo alter-ego? We need da troof.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    orraloon wrote:
    Ach, let's get to the nub. So, is Coopster a Stevo mini me? Or is Coopster a Stevo alter-ego? We need da troof.

The latter - only brings him out to play when bored or needs a human shield
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Can I claim you are are the alter ego of any leftie tw@t on the forum if you happen to agree with them? :wink:
  • These quotes sum up why I am anti any Labour government. It's why the young are wrong and the old are correct
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    Good judgement comes from bad experience
    Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,475
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Can I claim you are are the alter ego of any leftie tw@t on the forum if you happen to agree with them? :wink:
    Well, your use of insult (though at least you've avoided "snowflake" in this persona) doesn't disprove orraloon's conjecture.

Hmm, "Orraloon's Conjecture"? Is that like "Fermat's Theorem", in Bike Radar terms??
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

Whats wrong with that?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Well, your use of insult (though at least you've avoided "snowflake" in this persona) doesn't disprove orraloon's conjecture.

Hmm, "Orraloon's Conjecture"? Is that like "Fermat's Theorem", in Bike Radar terms??
    I only asked a question...

As for your second sentence above, can you rephrase in plain English please?
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

Whats wrong with that?

Nothing, just pointing out that it's not hypocritical either.