2018 Transfers: Rumours + Facts

Comments

• Landa goes to movistar to lead in the Giro and help Nairo in the Tour or go to vuelta.
    Aru goes to the UAE, because Louis wants to go back to the DD (error in my opinion). Uran is interested in Bahrain (as has already been said).
    Martin, sorry for me, stays in the QST ... I could think of taking the place of Aru in the astana or that of Landa in SKY ...
    Caruso's departure joins Nibali in Bahrain.
    Nieve to Orica!
    Cannondale will take a clean ... Rumors already spoken up tells us that Uran to Bahrain, Van Baarle to the QST (in principle), Formolo has already been linked to Bahrain but apparently he said no, now it is spoken In Bora to lead in the Giro and go to Vuelta and Bettiol I think that anger with Uran to Bahrain.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Uran to Bahrain? Boo!
  • Landa goes to movistar to lead in the Giro and help Nairo in the Tour or go to vuelta.
    Aru goes to the UAE, because Louis wants to go back to the DD (error in my opinion). Uran is interested in Bahrain (as has already been said).
    Martin, sorry for me, stays in the QST ... I could think of taking the place of Aru in the astana or that of Landa in SKY ...
    Caruso's departure joins Nibali in Bahrain.
    Nieve to Orica!
    Cannondale will take a clean ... Rumors already spoken up tells us that Uran to Bahrain, Van Baarle to the QST (in principle), Formolo has already been linked to Bahrain but apparently he said no, now it is spoken In Bora to lead in the Giro and go to Vuelta and Bettiol I think that anger with Uran to Bahrain.

Tbf Dan Martin looks happier now in QuickStep than he did in his last few years at Cannondale/Garmin
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Movistar will have a lot of egos to massage if Landa moves there with Valverde and Quintana
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Movistar will have a lot of egos to massage if Landa moves there with Valverde and Quintana

Big if on Valverde coming back at all for me, Clive. If not it's a good move for him.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Apparently Bryan Coquard is leaving Direct Energie. Presumably in search of a WT team... wonder who might sign him

Rumours that he might head to a new French team being put together by Jerome Pineau

This seems to be getting firmed up with a 8- 10m? euro budget from Vital Concept amongst others. Johan Le Bon , Trentin and Moinard other names in the hat - PCT next year but can see this becoming the third French WT team the year after
  • dish_dash wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Apparently Bryan Coquard is leaving Direct Energie. Presumably in search of a WT team... wonder who might sign him

Rumours that he might head to a new French team being put together by Jerome Pineau

This seems to be getting firmed up with a 8- 10m? euro budget from Vital Concept amongst others. Johan Le Bon , Trentin and Moinard other names in the hat - PCT next year but can see this becoming the third French WT team the year after

Julien Morice, Amaël Moinard, Matteo Trentin and Bryan Coquard are the main names spoken for the team with the sponsor to be the Vital concept and with budget of 8m-10m, if they reach 10m they can be a WT team, since Cannondale is the Team with lower budget (they say, because we do not have 2017 data, but 2016 data), According to l'Equipe's estimates on WorldTour team budgets:

1. Team Sky: € 35M
    2. Katusha: € 32M
    3. BMC: € 28M
    4. Tinkoff: € 25M
    5. Astana: € 20M
    6. Etixx-Quickstep: € 18M
    7: Movistar: € 15M
    = 8. Lotto-Soudal: € 14M
    = 8. Lotto-Jumbo: € 14M
    10. Dimension Data: € 13.5M
    11. Orica-BikeExchange: € 13M
    12: Giant-Alpacin: € 12.5M
    = 13: Trek-Segafredo: € 12M
    = 13: AG2R The Mondial: € 12M
    15. Cofidis: € 11M
    16. AMI: € 10.5M
    = 17: FDJ: € 10M
    = 17: Cannondale: € 10M
    19: Lampre-Merida: € 7M
    20: Direct Energy: € 6M
    21. Bora-Argon 18: € 4.5M
    22. Fortuneo-Vital Concept: € 3.5M

This year should be different, with Lampre, now UAE to have more money than last year, if we do not count on them Cannondale is the one that has less, so if Vitel reaches 10m / year it can be WT ... Looking at this data I think the team that had the best return was Movistar. Won a big, had on the podium of the other two ...
    I did not find this year's data, but the budgets of the teams that stayed should not be very different, of course with the exception of Lampre, now UAE.
  • Katusha Alpecin have to sign Uran. He just has so much hair. So much lustrous hair...
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Have we had Quintana to Sky/Astana yet?

The former doesn't really make sense to me, but I've been awake since half three so I'm best ignored. I assume Astana only works if Aru is off to UAE, too.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Katusha Alpecin have to sign Uran. He just has so much hair. So much lustrous hair...

csm_2017OssPortrait_12d85aab49.png
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy wrote:

The former doesn't really make sense to me, but I've been awake since half three so I'm best ignored. I assume Astana only works if Aru is off to UAE, too.

Are you sure you didnt hallucinate that one?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy wrote:

It's on the interweb, therefore true.
  • The_Boy wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

It's on the interweb, therefore true.

[url=Http://www.rcnradio.com/deportes/nairo-quintana-saldria-del-movistar-team-la-proxima-temporada/]Http://www.rcnradio.com/deportes/nairo- ... temporada/[/url]

THIS IS THE NEWS OF NAIRO TO SKY/ASTANA !
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Quintana not moving.

Kittel moving to Katusha
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    The_Boy wrote:
    Katusha Alpecin have to sign Uran. He just has so much hair. So much lustrous hair...

csm_2017OssPortrait_12d85aab49.png
    He's off to Bora-Hansgrohe it seems.

Nieve to Orica was the surprise for me, I can see why Orica would want him, but thought Sky would seek to retain him.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Orica must be reconsidering that after seeing Nieve's contribution to this Tour.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Kittel to katusha is a weird one,
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,646
    It's not, they're the new German team and need a German star sprinter to replace their outgoing Norwegian sprinter
  • Pross wrote:
    Orica must be reconsidering that after seeing Nieve's contribution to this Tour.

Word
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Dav1d1 wrote:
    Kittel to katusha is a weird one,
    Alpecin want that German hair
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Pross wrote:

Word

If you were going to highlight a Sky rider who's had a disappointing Tour, it'd be Henao surely? Nieve has done a decent job, but everyone on Sky has been overshadowed by Kwiatkowski.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    andyp wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Word

If you were going to highlight a Sky rider who's had a disappointing Tour, it'd be Henao surely? Nieve has done a decent job, but everyone on Sky has been overshadowed by Kwiatkowski.

Both have been below par, Henao has been worse and not worth his spot but Nieve hasn't done much either. Nieve got mentioned here as he was the rumoured transfer.
  • Lot of love for Coquard ?? That's quickstep, a better funded Cannondale and Pineaus team all talking him up - yet he's not in the WT league I think - but still can develop??
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Mikel Nieve will ride for Orica Scott the next two seasons, his manager confirmed to Diario de Navarra. Top rider!
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Nieve and Landa will be a big loss in the GC climbing support role at Sky. Wonder who'll be replacing them?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Nieve and Landa will be a big loss in the GC climbing support role at Sky. Wonder who'll be replacing them?

I reckonn 2 of Poels, kennaugh and Thomas
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    gsk82 wrote:

and only 8 in the teams next year . so will have to loose a rider from somewhere .
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    tim000 wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

and only 8 in the teams next year . so will have to loose a rider from somewhere .
    On their current squad - Froome, Poels, Thomas, Henao, Kwiatkowski, Kiryienka, Stannard and Rowe gets the job done. They still have Inxsausti if they can get him if fit and well too.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mattythemod
    mattythemod Posts: 289
    So is Alex Dowsett leaving Movistar for pastures new next year ?
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Lot of love for Coquard ?? That's quickstep, a better funded Cannondale and Pineaus team all talking him up - yet he's not in the WT league I think - but still can develop??

He's the new Tyler Farrar.

I really just don't geddit with him.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.