2018 Transfers: Rumours + Facts

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Froome to sign with Sky for another 3 years, apparently.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Froome to sign with Sky for another 3 years, apparently.

But in a bizarre twist, they will also announce BMC as new team sponsor with full naming rights...
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,747
    Fuglsang & Cataldo sign with Astana for another 2 years.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Froome did get free TV and broadband so not a bad deal, i bet he got multiroom thrown in as well
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    UAE get another ex SKY guy as they realize Swift is never going to win Tour stages. Bit of a shame as Viviani seems to be potentially a top guy, but SKY don't really get on with sprinters it seems.
  • inseine wrote:
    UAE get another ex SKY guy as they realize Swift is never going to win Tour stages. Bit of a shame as Viviani seems to be potentially a top guy, but SKY don't really get on with sprinters it seems.

Guardini & Modolo already there, now Viviani. Bit busy
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    inseine wrote:

Guardini & Modolo already there, now Viviani. Bit busy

They let him mess about with the Olympics last season. Seems a bit childish to stomp off now because he wasn't in the giro team. I reckon he'll now disappear into obscurity.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I don't think he's stomping off. He just wants to ride in the Grand Tours so he's switching teams. And doing it now as Sky probably don't have a lot for him to do for the rest of thw season. He'll possibly win some Vuelta stages, but Sky would have taken him to the Tour of Britain.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Jempy Drucker (BMC) and Julien Vermote (Quick Step) are close to AG2R-La Mondiale to support Oliver Naesen next year and Lawrence Naesen (WB Veranclassic Aqua Protect) Oliver's brother, could join AG2R-La Mondiale also in 2019.

Pozzovivo could join the Bahrain-Merida team alongside Nibali.

Source: @TransfertVelo

Attention to AG2R in 2018 ...
    Romain Bardet with Pierre Latour and Mathias Frank for the Mountain
    Tony Gallopin for the classics (Amstel Gold Race, La Flèche Wallonne and Liège-Bastogne-Liège)
    Oliver Naesen with Stijn Vandenbergh, Jempy Drucker, Julien Vermote and Lawrence Neasen for the classics (Dwars Door Vlaanderen, Record Bank E3 Harelbeke, Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields, Ronde van Vlaanderen and Paris-Roubaix)
    And all the other cyclists who already have a contract ...
    If Bryan Coquard (I find it difficult) join AG2R in 2018, watch out for them
  • RichN95.
    Marcel Kittel to Katusha is a rumour from the ITV podcast
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    RichN95 wrote:

Yeah. Is dependent upon Kristoff going, likely to Astana, though.

Wonder what QuickStep will look like next year...
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    I've heard rumours that Alex Dowsett might go to DiData.

Potentially Jan Hirt to Astana and Ramon Sinkeldam to FDJ for Demare's lead out train too.
  • Crampeur wrote:

Wouldn't be unsurprising. He's got to be getting fed up of being left out of GT squads by now and DiData seem to collect disgruntled British pros.

He raced in a TLI Crit at North Weald last night, that's how bored he is :lol:
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Crampeur wrote:
    Ramon Sinkeldam to FDJ for a decent nats champ's jersey.

Ftfy...
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,590
    dish_dash wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Gilbert confirmed he's re-signed.
  • A good team for Coquard is ORICA because Ewan goes to GIRO and VUELTA to sprint and Coquard was the sprint leader on the TOUR!
  • There is news that Bahrain has an interest in having Domenico Pozzovivo, Davide Formolo, Mikel Landa, Gorka Izaguirre, Damiano Caruso, are not they good cyclists any more ??

Bahrain team for 2018, if you hire the above names:
    Nibali, Landa, I. Izaguirre, Pozzovivo, Formolo, Caruso, Pelizotti, G. Izaguirre, Siutsou, Visconti, Grmay, Moreno, Gasparotto, Agnoli, Cink, Navardauskas, Colbrelli and many more gregarious!
  • There is news that Bahrain has an interest in having Domenico Pozzovivo, Davide Formolo, Mikel Landa, Gorka Izaguirre, Damiano Caruso, are not they good cyclists any more ??

Bahrain team for 2018, if you hire the above names:
    Nibali, Landa, I. Izaguirre, Pozzovivo, Formolo, Caruso, Pelizotti, G. Izaguirre, Siutsou, Visconti, Grmay, Moreno, Gasparotto, Agnoli, Cink, Navardauskas, Colbrelli and many more gregarious!

How nice for Team Torture
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    Crampeur wrote:

Wouldn't be unsurprising. He's got to be getting fed up of being left out of GT squads by now and DiData seem to collect disgruntled British pros.

DDD desperately need to sign guys who can throw in significant WT points. Unless they are prepared to offload a number of Africans, most of whom do not contribute many points (which is unlikely) then the non African signings need to contribute more than Alex usually does.
  • lyn1 wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

DDD desperately need to sign guys who can throw in significant WT points. Unless they are prepared to offload a number of Africans, most of whom do not contribute many points (which is unlikely) then the non African signings need to contribute more than Alex usually does.

To join the Points with the African signings, Louis Meintjes!
  • dish_dash wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Source ?
  • lyn1
    lyn1 wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

It would be a start, but they need 3 or 4 guys at Meintjes points level to get close to escape trajectory.
  • lyn1 wrote:
    lyn1 wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

It would be a start, but they need 3 or 4 guys at Meintjes points level to get close to escape trajectory.

If Quick-Step Floors ends, they should try many of the cyclists there .... Excellent team!
  • lyn1 wrote:
    lyn1 wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

In my view these are not cyclists for the WT:
    Tyler Farrar, Best result of the year: 65 Record Bank ....
    Jay Robert Thomson, Best result of the year: 12 Stage1 in Int. Österreich-Rundfahrt ....
    Youcef Reguigui, best result of the year: 5 Satge1 in Tour des Fjords ....
    Jaco Venter, best result of the year: 24 Stage5 in Tour des Fjords ....
    Adrien Niyonshuti, best result of the year: Win National Championships Rwanda ITT ...
    Johann Van Zyl, best result of the year: 32 Stage1 in Int. Österreich-Rundfahrt ....

I know we're talking about gregarious, but still ....
  • RichN95.
    Dimension's problem is that they don't really have the sort of riders who quietly accumulate points without ever making much of a splash - the likes of Swift, Uran, Bettiol, Spilak, Sanchez, Felline, Albasini, Roelandts, Riechenbach, Fernandez, Nizzolo (all ranked higher than DD's top rider last year). Instead they have the likes of Steve Cummings, who will produce two or three stunning wins a year, but nothing else.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Dimension's problem is that they don't really have the sort of riders who quietly accumulate points without ever making much of a splash - the likes of Swift, Uran, Bettiol, Spilak, Sanchez, Felline, Albasini, Roelandts, Riechenbach, Fernandez, Nizzolo (all ranked higher than DD's top rider last year). Instead they have the likes of Steve Cummings, who will produce two or three stunning wins a year, but nothing else.

Speaking of the future of these names:
    Swift - Already has a contract;
    Uran - Go to Bahrain (Rumor);
    Bettiol - The future is not yet known, but I think it deserves more than DD;
    Spilak - It was a good opportunity to lead a GT;
    Sanchez - Already has a contract;
    Felline - Already has a contract;
    Albasini - The future is not yet known; Roelandts - Goes to BMC (Rumor); Riechenbach - Already have a contract;
    Fernandez - Already has a contract;
    Nizzolo - Already has a contract;
  • lyn1
    lyn1 wrote:
    lyn1 wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

Jay Robert Thomson, Best result of the year: 12 Stage1 in Int. Österreich-Rundfahrt ....
    Adrien Niyonshuti, best result of the year: Win National Championships Rwanda ITT ...
    Johann Van Zyl, best result of the year: 32 Stage1 in Int. Österreich-Rundfahrt ....

As Rich says they do not have a core of regular WT points contributors, otherwise they could carry the riders you mention as part of their African project (excluding Tyler). Daniel Teklehaimanot is another example. We are into the 7th month of the season and he has not scored a single WT point yet. 60th in a WT race gets you a point. You can afford to let guys chase spotty jerseys for a day or two if someone else is clocking up the points, but they have very few guys doing that.
  • lyn1 wrote:
    lyn1 wrote:
    lyn1 wrote:
    Crampeur wrote:

As Rich says they do not have a core of regular WT points contributors, otherwise they could carry the riders you mention as part of their African project (excluding Tyler). Daniel Teklehaimanot is another example. We are into the 7th month of the season and he has not scored a single WT point yet. 60th in a WT race gets you a point. You can afford to let guys chase spotty jerseys for a day or two if someone else is clocking up the points, but they have very few guys doing that.

For me the DD should not exist ... this to occupy a place in WorldTour, would be better to Cofidis or CCC ....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,590
    dish_dash wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Source ?

Him on vivé velo. Near enough anyway. Are rulez to follow.

"Talks are going very well and I'm very happy, but I'm not allowed to say how they finished but I'm not looking at any other teams."
  • Given his Lazarus 2017, this would be the least surprising re-signing since Arsenal last gave Wenger a new contract