Milan San Remo 2017 - Spoilers

191011121315»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,737
    So was watching Extra Time Koers on Sporza and they had Bakelandts who was on the Poggio. He made the point, quite rightly, that if people like GvA are complaining about being 3 wheels away from Sagan when he went for it, it meant that they were already hammering up there. He said he had no acceleration at all when Sagan went. He was pretty blown away by it. In awe almost. Also felt it was criminal to lose MSR when you've got those legs.

Separate note: Bakelandts bizarrely holds something like the 4th or 5th fastest decent down the other side, and he immediately says "oh yeah! That was the wet one! I always descend faster in the wet!! No seriously, I do!". So if you're thinking of slashing out on some new disc brakes - just MTFU instead ;). Average speed was around 65kph, which isn't slouching with those hairpins..!!

Can't remember who the fastest was, but I think Kristoff was 2nd.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Yeah I'm sure it would be galling to see someone ride way from you like that.

I've had it bad enough in a chaingang or something when you're sprinting as hard as you can but can't close the gap. Must be devastating when it's milan san remo (like, something which actually matters).