Brailsford to be asked to resign!!

vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited March 2017 in Pro race
So, it appears that some of the Sky team riders are considering approaching DB to ask him to resign, based on the ongoing, never ending saga damaging the team.
Personally I can see both sides of the debate..yes, the ongoing scenario, which appears to not be going away must be very distracting for everyone at Team Sky, and despite Kwiatowskis win at Strada Bianchi you can guarantee the Daily Mail will still run the Jiffy bag story regardless, so in that respect I kind of get it.
On the other hand I would also FULLY understand if Sir DB flagged them all off and rode it out, after all there is STILL no evidence of wrongdoing,what does come to light is a very slack, sloppy administration of a supposedly VERY professional outfit, but that doesn't make them cheats, however if Sir DB is the figurehead, then like all good leaders he may ultimately have to take the fall, regardless of any role he may have had in alleged wrongdoing.
Personally I think he has done well to still be there, the pressure from a VERY voracious Daily Mail to unearth "something" has been relentless, bordering on unprofessional, however if the story about the team asking SDB to stand down has any truth to it they are not going to back off now, they will smell blood in the water!
I just wonder, after all the dust has settled if anyone involved in what has now become a media frenzy will be able to look back at their involvement and truthfully think it was done in the "common good" or was it done out of some personally driven desire to make a story that propels you onto better things.
I am very ambivalent towards the entire thing now.I personally will never know what was in the Jiffy bag, but do you know what..I wont be losing sleep over it, and I would definitely not want my involvement in it, if I had any, to lead to the dismantling of one of our shining lights in British Sport, because love or loathe Team Sky..they have delivered on almost all their promises, and if there is a true cyclist in the country who did not feel TOTAL utter pride, together with total utter disbelief when Sir BW rode down the Champs then you have truly got no soul, and deserve a lifelong subscription to the Daily Mail!!!

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    *Enters FrenchFighter mode*

Haven't we already got a thread for this?

*Exits Frenchie mode*
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    So, it appears that some of the Sky team riders are considering approaching DB to ask him to resign, based on the ongoing, never ending saga damaging the team.
    Personally I can see both sides of the debate..yes, the ongoing scenario, which appears to not be going away must be very distracting for everyone at Team Sky, and despite Kwiatowskis win at Strada Bianchi you can guarantee the Daily Mail will still run the Jiffy bag story regardless, so in that respect I kind of get it.
    On the other hand I would also FULLY understand if Sir DB flagged them all off and rode it out, after all there is STILL no evidence of wrongdoing,what does come to light is a very slack, sloppy administration of a supposedly VERY professional outfit, but that doesn't make them cheats, however if Sir DB is the figurehead, then like all good leaders he may ultimately have to take the fall, regardless of any role he may have had in alleged wrongdoing.
    Personally I think he has done well to still be there, the pressure from a VERY voracious Daily Mail to unearth "something" has been relentless, bordering on unprofessional, however if the story about the team asking SDB to stand down has any truth to it they are not going to back off now, they will smell blood in the water!
    I just wonder, after all the dust has settled if anyone involved in what has now become a media frenzy will be able to look back at their involvement and truthfully think it was done in the "common good" or was it done out of some personally driven desire to make a story that propels you onto better things.
    I am very ambivalent towards the entire thing now.I personally will never know what was in the Jiffy bag, but do you know what..I wont be losing sleep over it, and I would definitely not want my involvement in it, if I had any, to lead to the dismantling of one of our shining lights in British Sport, because love or loathe Team Sky..they have delivered on almost all their promises, and if there is a true cyclist in the country who did not feel TOTAL utter pride, together with total utter disbelief when Sir BW rode down the Champs then you have truly got no soul, and deserve a lifelong subscription to the Daily Mail!!!

Why should we have felt that when Wiggins rode down the CE?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    edited March 2017
    the second i read that article i knew it is a Benson lie. the type of lie like the secret pro. fabrications with no way of being verified.

my feeling was confirmed by the many sky riders that tweeted support for Brailsfor after

Benson has transformed cyclingnews in a shit pile, below daily mail level

should be fired

i see Bikeradar and cyclingnews are owned by the same company. do the owners even read what their chief "editor" (lol he is muppet) is writing?
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV wrote:
    a
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Every sky rider has come out on social media and said they 100% back DB,
  • EnacheV
    everyone is waiting for Froome to tweet his % behind Dave :D He was busy enjoying a meal out.

anyway, it doesn't matter how many tweet their support (around 14 riders so far)

it's pretty clear that Benson's article is a fabrication
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,599
    Funny to consider where the Murdochs have this on their radar. I reckon they might have bigger fish frying right now.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    EnacheV wrote:
    everyone is waiting for Froome to tweet his % behind Dave :D He was busy enjoying a meal out.

anyway, it doesn't matter how many tweet their support (around 14 riders so far)

it's pretty clear that Benson's article is a fabrication

Of course it is, I agree fully
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Dav1d1 wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39185863

Way too much knee jerk hysteria and far too little objectivity everywhere atm.
    Folks taking everything the press print as gospel, one minute, the next, cherry picking from the same source.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dav1d1 wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/39185863

Way too much knee jerk hysteria and far too little objectivity everywhere atm.
    Folks taking everything the press print as gospel, one minute, the next, cherry picking from the same source.

Blazing...Thats just it...I dont believe ANYTHING the press make up nowadays.the desire to push a story for whatever reason is reason enough for most of them.
    I haven't cherry picked as you call it...I think my personal opinion, because thats all it is..a PERSONAL opinion has been clear from the start..there is NO EVIDENCE, and without it the press have decided to create their own!!
    Where are the days of TRUE journalism like the Watergate scandal, etc etc..we NEEDED to know about that..I'm not sure I give a flying proverbial about "JiffyGate".My whole issue with it all is the manipulation by the media to create a story.
    I'm not naive enough by any measure to think everything is squeaky clean in pro cycling, but compare it to the late 80s/90s..wow...now that was the wild west...but STILL fun to watch!!!!
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Don't overestimate the level of hysteria in this story. Most people don't know and don't care about it.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692
    Anecdotal evidence: sports fans in my office have already decided middle of last week the whole sky lot have been doping and it's a massive shame that Wiggins is the new Armstrong.
  • Anecdotal evidence: sports fans in my office have already decided middle of last week the whole sky lot have been doping and it's a massive shame that Wiggins is the new Armstrong.

Unfortunately Rick that is going to be his new legacy..because the Daily Mail and a few others have deemed that to be what is required, however nobody has proved anything..and by my reckoning they are not going to...poor end to his achievements!

Maybe the prickly manner he had with the press upset them WAY more than we can imagine...poor little loves!!!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Unfortunately, cycling is ruined for all time as a credible sport to many.

You have:
    - a dirty past
    - a radicalised 'fan'-base and social media following, with self-appointed experts feeding them what they want
    - a lazy gutter press looking for an easy target. 'Cycling? Filthy sport' they write, while watching footballers who can run 12kms in a match and not look out of breath, rugby players who are now all 6'2" monsters and can press 300kg, all from their comfy pitch-side seats
    - a parliamentary committee that couldn't find their @rses in the dark with both hands

Was Wiggins dirty? Are Sky dirty? It doesn't matter any more. The Internet and the gutter press has spoken, the truth has not been discovered but decided and everyone has made their mind up.

F*** them all. Cycling has been through worse, and I still love it. Sky can come and go, more may come out about BC but it is still beautiful to me.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • F*** them all. Cycling has been through worse, and I still love it. Sky can come and go, more may come out about BC but it is still beautiful to me.[/quote]

Kinda sums it up in a nutshell for me too....try ruining my sport/hobby and truthfully I will despise you even more, simply because you cannot get a "real story" so you make them up..shame on you..all of you!! Roll on the Tour De Yorkshire in my back yard!!
    I'm doing the sportive, and having been born/bred around the area of the start I am taking ANY substance known to man to get up that first hill in the 1st 400yds!!!!!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

You have:
    - a dirty past
    - a radicalised 'fan'-base and social media following, with self-appointed experts feeding them what they want
    - a lazy gutter press looking for an easy target. 'Cycling? Filthy sport' they write, while watching footballers who can run 12kms in a match and not look out of breath, rugby players who are now all 6'2" monsters and can press 300kg, all from their comfy pitch-side seats
    - a parliamentary committee that couldn't find their @rses in the dark with both hands

Was Wiggins dirty? Are Sky dirty? It doesn't matter any more. The Internet and the gutter press has spoken, the truth has not been discovered but decided and everyone has made their mind up.

F*** them all. Cycling has been through worse, and I still love it. Sky can come and go, more may come out about BC but it is still beautiful to me.

Were I not on my phone I'd post that gif of Peter Griffin crying and applauding....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

You have:
    - a dirty past

That about sums it up. We are past the point of no return. There is zero point arguing the toss because it's already been decided what the truth is. I'll still be watching and enjoying once all the journos and new 'fans' have moved onto the next big outrage. It's a beautiful sport, probably the most beautiful. The false outrage won't stop it being so.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    but its just descending into total farce now, instead of it being seen as a message of team support, its now become who didnt tweet the supportive tweet story.

I dont know about Brailsford resigning, but whoever has been advising them on their press relations for the past 6 months ought to reconsider their career choices, as this is turning into a you cant make this up episode of the Thick of It by the day, cant they just stop being a story in the papers for more than 24 hrs!!! just go out ride their bikes.thats the thing they are supposed to be focussed on doing.
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    awavey wrote:
    but its just descending into total farce now, instead of it being seen as a message of team support, its now become who didnt tweet the supportive tweet story.

I dont know about Brailsford resigning, but whoever has been advising them on their press relations for the past 6 months ought to reconsider their career choices, as this is turning into a you cant make this up episode of the Thick of It by the day, cant they just stop being a story in the papers for more than 24 hrs!!! just go out ride their bikes.thats the thing they are supposed to be focussed on doing.

Or its intentional and they've played a PR blinder on the press and public. Constantly in the news and no actual evidence of anything...
  • EnacheV
    and now daily mail "sources" tell them the riders were asked to tweet

cyclingnews and daily mail a match made in heaven

their "sources" are so resourceful

lolz

edit: what is even more funnier is that the mentally challenged clinic group, who doubts every and all statement by everyone are taking the "sources" as 100% truth
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692
    EnacheV wrote:

lolz

edit: what is even more funnier is that the mentally challenged clinic group, who doubts every and all statement by everyone are taking the "sources" as 100% truth

Mate you sound like a Trump supporter.
  • nickice
    nickice Posts: 2,439
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

You have:
    - a dirty past

Spot on. Even footballers to be honest. I was watching highlights from the 1990 World Cup the other day and when footballers exchanged shirts they just looked like normal guys. Now, a lot of them look like bodybuilders but, yes, rugby is unbelievable.

To play devil's advocate, most lay people think cycling is only about fitness (and let's face it, that is a large part of it) and not tactics or anything and that these other sports are games of skill.
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV wrote:

lolz

a source told me you try to be funny but i take it as a compliment. Trump's supporters are smarter than they appear while left supporters are much dumber than they appear.

back to cycling

next daily mail insider source tells them that Brailsford and Froome had celebrity fight. the winner keeps the team.

Froome for next CEO of Team Sky - a source of Benson, just wait for cyclingnews to break the news.

p.s. i wrote that above as a joke. but when i think better why Froome is so diplomatic, staying out, maybe indeed he is thinking about his next career steps after riding. And as we can see Riis is not exatly poor selling a team for 6M so maybe Froome wants a similar path.

for that to happen a clean sheet is required. can't afford stupid fights over twitter
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    EnacheV wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:

lolz

a source told me you try to be funny but i take it as a compliment. Trump's supporters are smarter than they appear while left supporters are much dumber than they appear.

back to cycling

next daily mail insider source tells them that Brailsford and Froome had celebrity fight. the winner keeps the team.

Froome for next CEO of Team Sky - a source of Benson, just wait for cyclingnews to break the news.

p.s. i wrote that above as a joke. but when i think better why Froome is so diplomatic, staying out, maybe indeed he is thinking about his next career steps after riding. And as we can see Riis is not exatly poor selling a team for 6M so maybe Froome wants a similar path.

for that to happen a clean sheet is required. can't afford stupid fights over twitter

Or he is a man of decency, honour and integrity who feels he has been mugged off for years and that it is cants like that who result in him having bags of piss thrown over him.
  • EnacheV wrote:

lolz

If you knew who some of the sources were, you would think different.
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV wrote:

lolz

damn

here is a knowledgeable insider

why don't you enlighten us? this cheap game of "if only you would know..." is just making me laugh

you can start with "i have a source that has a source ..." and tell us some names. also your position :D
  • EnacheV wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:

lolz

damn

why don't you enlighten us? this cheap game of "if only you would know..." is just making me laugh

you can start with "i have a source that has a source ..." and tell us some names. also your position :D

You'll have to want and see. There's a whole load more to come out that will bring Brailsford down if he hasn't gone already and will take Froome out too.

If you hadn't realised already, Team Sky is a house of cards built on a very dodgy foundation.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Or he is a man of decency, honour and integrity who feels he has been mugged off for years and that it is cants like that who result in him having bags of wee-wee thrown over him.
    I don't mind Froome but I assume this is a joke??
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    EnacheV wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:

lolz

damn

You'll have to want and see. There's a whole load more to come out that will bring Brailsford down if he hasn't gone already and will take Froome out too.

If you hadn't realised already, Team Sky is a house of cards built on a very dodgy foundation.

You may be right but you can't just withhold all the "evidence" and then act like people are stupid when they don't agree with you.

• You'll have to want and see. There's a whole load more to come out that will bring Brailsford down if he hasn't gone already and will take Froome out too.

Rodrego, are you going to reveal to the thread that your mum's cousins fiance's dads dog goes to a dog groomer whose aunt's stepson was dating a girl whose mum's friend used to clean the toilets at Dave Brailsford's niece's schoolteacher's house?

ergo a clean inside source of information?
    GET WHEEZY - WALNUT LUNG RACING TEAM™