Eurosport TV schedule 2017

Comments

• durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Yeah didn't say it would become free, but how much do you have to give Sky for their basic package if all you care about is Eurosport? £20 a month?

I'd be surprised if it doesn't become available for less than that in the not too distant future.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Graeme_S wrote:
    This is pretty sickening from Sky but I guess they need to recoup that football cash somewhere.

The mrs likes a bit of TLC (The channel), I like the cycling and discovery, if this isn't resolved I'm cancelling. But what are the options regarding eurosport? I really don't fancy watching it all on an ipad.

HDMI cable to your TV?

That should work - I've done that before, prior to getting an enhanced BT TV package that includes BT sport & more importantly Eurosport HD

Just researched the BT offering, we will be signing with them and cancelling SKY. Benefits for us include the BT sport channels, double the internet speed (guaranteed), better set top box, cheaper netflix if we wanted it (we dont have this right now) and best of all for about half what we are paying now! We can add movies for £13 if we want to. Losing Sky Atlantic seems to be the only downside but we can live with that.

No comedy central though, which is a deal breaker for the wife.

Comedy Central is included in the same £6.99 a month Now TV package that I'm getting my LOTR and p0rn substitute in. It's the Entertainment package.

This is all very well for people who live in areas where BT dares to maintain their internet pipe so they can get constant internet connections without 20 minute cut outs at various intervals, despite the protestations of the residents....
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    You have to laugh at Sky today announcing that as of next year they'll be offering dish-free TV.

SORT YOUR CHANNELS OUT FIRST
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Thank the gods I live in NL where I get Eurosport and Sporza (and NOS cycling coverage)* in my basic TV/Internet package from UPC or Ziggo or whatever they're called now.

*And the BBC and various French, Italian and German channels as well as some MTV, Comedy Central type stuff.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    Absolute ball ache.

Best option I can see and speaking for my own benefit is to sign up for Eurosport Player and then get Chromecast, so I can watch the cycling on my TV.

I'm completely p@@sed off with Sky, but annoyingly tied in with all the other peripherals we've added over the years. At the moment I don't have the time or inclination to rip the whole thing out and start again. And Sky probably know that. I've been with them for 20 years or so and haven't once been offered any loyalty discount or similar. C@nuts
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    I notice that cycling social media has decided that Sky are the bad guys here and Discovery the victims. It's two parties haggling over a prices we don't know for a product we can't value.

But hey, Sky, Boooo

(I'm with Virgin myself)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    RichN95 wrote:
    I notice that cycling social media has decided that Sky are the bad guys here and Discovery the victims. It's two parties haggling over a prices we don't know for a product we can't value.

But hey, Sky, Boooo

(I'm with Virgin myself)

I bet it costs less than one mid-table premier large match.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    RichN95 wrote:

But hey, Sky, Boooo

(I'm with Virgin myself)

I bet it costs less than one mid-table premier large match.
    I'd take that bet. Sky do pay ludicrous amounts for football (around £7m per match), but the Discovery package won't be that cheap
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • johnny25 wrote:
    Absolute ball ache.

Best option I can see and speaking for my own benefit is to sign up for Eurosport Player and then get Chromecast, so I can watch the cycling on my TV.

I'm completely p@@sed off with Sky, but annoyingly tied in with all the other peripherals we've added over the years. At the moment I don't have the time or inclination to rip the whole thing out and start again. And Sky probably know that. I've been with them for 20 years or so and haven't once been offered any loyalty discount or similar. C@nuts

Honestly - phone up and go through motions of cancelling. I currently have Sky Sports frozen at 2016 prices for 5 years. They do offer deals if you tell them you're leaving. Or even cancel altogether, an offer will come through.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    johnny25 wrote:
    Absolute ball ache.

Honestly - phone up and go through motions of cancelling. I currently have Sky Sports frozen at 2016 prices for 5 years. They do offer deals if you tell them you're leaving. Or even cancel altogether, an offer will come through.
    I need to do something, to lose 10 channels and pay the same price is criminal!!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    RichN95 wrote:

But hey, Sky, Boooo

(I'm with Virgin myself)

I take your point, but I think the opinions expressed here are a result of the poor customer relations that Sky have displayed for years.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:

But hey, Sky, Boooo

(I'm with Virgin myself)

There are rumours that someone from Sky is on their way to Discovery Channel HQ with a jiffy bag.

But no one can confirm whether there's a compromise in it.
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    FYI- if it's not been posted before...

http://uk.eurosportplayer.com/cycling/c ... vent.shtml
  • joelsim
    venster wrote:
    FYI- if it's not been posted before...

http://uk.eurosportplayer.com/cycling/c ... vent.shtml

Nice one.

I am very much looking forward to the Criterium International this year.

:shock:
  • venster
    venster Posts: 356
    :lol:
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    So presumably with the money Sky save by losing these channels from their package they will be passing that saving onto their customers....

How many new HD channels have launched on Sky in the last 24 months? Or have they now moved onto UHD? I find it funny that I can go on Youtube on a weekend to watch live Cyclocross on the UCI channel with a better quality image than 80% of the channels on Sky. Even when a race is live on the Bike channel you can often watch a better quality "illegal" stream over the internet. In fact I remember one race last year where the stream I was watching even had the same commentator, but a vastly better picture.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    squired wrote:
    So presumably with the money Sky save by losing these channels from their package they will be passing that saving onto their customers....

How many new HD channels have launched on Sky in the last 24 months? Or have they now moved onto UHD? I find it funny that I can go on Youtube on a weekend to watch live Cyclocross on the UCI channel with a better quality image than 80% of the channels on Sky. Even when a race is live on the Bike channel you can often watch a better quality "illegal" stream over the internet. In fact I remember one race last year where the stream I was watching even had the same commentator, but a vastly better picture.
    Being cantankerous I phoned sky saying as we had a contract based on the channels they advertised, the monthly fee I paid would be discounted accordingly i take it, he said NO, Like others have said, i think they'll sort it out, the advertising revenue in UK and ireland is surely too important to Discovery group? or they'll go free to air (he says clutching at straws)
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • I downloaded the Europosrt player onto my Amazon Fire stick ahead of a potential month by month subscription until this is resolved.
  • Cadel race will be on Eurosport on Tuesday at 11.30am and thereafter.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    johnny25 wrote:
    Absolute ball ache.

I phone Sky every year when my contract ends and get a deal - but if you don't ask they give you nothing. I get around £30-£35 per month reduction every year.

If they lose Eurosport and Discovery though, this year will be my last. I'll get the Eurosport player for now then go to BT when my Sky contract is up.

This is all because Sky pay an absolutely obscene amount for football rights, to the point where clubs are paying players a million quid every month.
  • joelsim
    NorvernRob wrote:
    johnny25 wrote:
    Absolute ball ache.

I phone Sky every year when my contract ends and get a deal - but if you don't ask they give you nothing. I get around £30-£35 per month reduction every year.

If they lose Eurosport and Discovery though, this year will be my last. I'll get the Eurosport player for now then go to BT when my Sky contract is up.

This is all because Sky pay an absolutely obscene amount for football rights, to the point where clubs are paying players a million quid every month.

Yep, I object to paying for Cristal Champagne that a rich, young, over-tattooed, brainless layabout then yaks up all over some slapper's breasts.
  • joelsim
    Sky Corporate have announced that the 13 channels will no longer be available on Sky and that they'll be spending every penny they were going to give Discovery on other content.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    Note the £20 Eurosport offer ends on the 31st, so anyone hoping to wait to and see may be disappointed.
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    Note the £20 Eurosport offer ends on the 31st, so anyone hoping to wait to and see may be disappointed.

I've gone for it, even if it gets resolved I'm sure I'll find a use for it.
  • BT deals end 31/1 too. The statement from Sky Corporate looks like it is final. No Eurosport on Sky platform. That's me making the switch this weekend
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    TheBigBean wrote:

Me too. I'm hamstrung a bit for Rugby League coverage so will keep Sky, but I'm not missing the Dubai Tour.
  • joelsim
    TheBigBean wrote:

Me too. I'm hamstrung a bit for Rugby League coverage so will keep Sky, but I'm not missing the Dubai Tour.

Absolutely. Can't possibly miss several days of flat, hot, desert.

I can't actually, either. :oops:
  • Joelsim wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Absolutely. Can't possibly miss several days of flat, hot, desert.

I can't actually, either. :oops:

It's funny what 3 months without Carlton Kirby can do to you! :mrgreen:

While I don't have much interest in going to any of these overdeveloped sandtraps, Dubai can look beautiful on the TV, especially the stages around Burj Khalifa and Palm Jumeirah.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Ill need to clear my Sky+ box first before the move :) but yeah no Eurosport, no Sky afaic and tbh I dont care if Discovery were asking stupid amounts of money for this and were technically in the "wrong", they got the upper hand with the smarter viral marketing campaigning and it feels like payback for all the price rises Sky have foisted on us non SkySports subscribers to pay the ridiculous amounts they give to premiership football.
  • joelsim
    Premier League cost is £1.4bn per season.

Discovery asking for £1bn per annum.

Annoyingly all of the Discovery channels that are going are right up there on my watched channels lists. I'm basically a doc and ES kind of guy, never watch reality or soaps although I do sometimes watch Pointless. Obviously news and current affairs too with all the rubbish happening.

All a bit disappointing. And my contract runs til bloody August. Duh.