Eurosport TV schedule 2017

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Deadline is today I guess.

Sort it out Sky FFS. As it stands a Sky customer won't be able to watch the team you sponsor.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    I bet they come to an agreement by the time Het Nieuwsblad comes around.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:

Several hundred million reasons that are more important than Omloop.
  • joelsim
    I'm gonna have to get BT aren't I?

FFS.

F*ck you world.

Cycling was the only relief I expect to have in what is already becoming a relentlessly sh!t year, and I don't just mean on a macro level.

Aye.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Several hundred million reasons that are more important than Omloop.
    I wasn't suggesting that is in any way a deal breaker - just that it will be sorted by then, as the first proper race of the season
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    last minute negotiations are now taking place it seems...

now that i've shelled out £20 ho hum
  • RichN95 wrote:

By which time we'll all be gone. :oops:

Other than getting the Eurosport player offer, which at £1-66 a month (until midnight tonight) isn't going to break anybody, I can play a waiting game. I was going to ring Sky and haggle for major discount before this blew up.
    Their prices are frankly scandalous. I just don't want to have them locking down my box recordings. That's my stumbling block and it's the catch that they rely upon.

I'm very lucky as I've still got Dutch, Czech, Spanish, Polish, French and German Eurosport on my all singing and dancing sat box. 8)
    Trouble is my USB drive isn't liking it atm, so I can't record.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,699
    How much does that sat box cost, out of interest?
  • How much does that sat box cost, out of interest?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Technomate-TM- ... B006LLWXIO

This is the new model. It has some channel streams embedded. I don't know if Eurosport is one.
    If not, there is a bit more to it than just buying the box. :wink::wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,699
    I kinda meant the whole deal - the dish, getting it installed, etc.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    The big issue for me switching to a rival platform if Discovery pull the plug, is will they play the same game of hardball with Virgin and BT?

If Sky refuse to pay what Discovery demands, who says BT and Virgin will?

I'm sticking to Eurosport Player and Sky, at least for a few months, to see how this plays out.
  • joelsim
    I'll leave Sky as soon as my contract is up. Too expensive anyway.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    fingers crossed (for me anyway)
    Last-ditch peace talks have broken out between Discovery and Sky, fuelling hopes that a deal can be done to stop Discovery pulling its 12 channels from the Sky platform before a midnight deadline tonight.

Sources told Campaign that the two sides are back in negotiation about Discovery’s carriage deal after a public war of words.

But in a sign of the gravity of the dispute, Andrew Griffith, Sky's group chief operating officer, told Campaign: "It would be wrong to think that this is one of those dynamics where we all have a little dust-up and then three weeks later it all comes back [with Discovery’s channels returning]."
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Discovery has urged its viewers to tweet Sky with the hashtag #KeepDiscovery to
    demonstrate the popularity of its channel lineup.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Sounds like they've reached an agreement.

Phew
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I didn't have Eurosport, so at least the kerfuffle let me know about the £20 offer.
  • Dancer!
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    RichN95 wrote:

By which time we'll all be gone. :oops:

Other than getting the Eurosport player offer, which at £1-66 a month (until midnight tonight) isn't going to break anybody, I can play a waiting game. I was going to ring Sky and haggle for major discount before this blew up.
    Their prices are frankly scandalous. I just don't want to have them locking down my box recordings. That's my stumbling block and it's the catch that they rely upon.

I'm very lucky as I've still got Dutch, Czech, Spanish, Polish, French and German Eurosport on my all singing and dancing sat box. 8)
    Trouble is my USB drive isn't liking it atm, so I can't record.

I had about 4 years worth of recordings of my lads UK and international races. Sky box packed up and they said recordings could not be retrieved. Suggested I should never keep a recording of value on the box, if not backed up somewhere.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Sounds like they've reached an agreement.

Phew

Yup.

https://twitter.com/DiscoveryUK?ref_src ... r%5Eauthor

I can now haggle at my leisure, cos I sure ain't sucking up their latest price hike.
    Especially since I got their notification the same evening that this all kicked off.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    2005+Tour+de+France+Stage+Twenty+Time+Trial+0vic-k5GJWUl.jpg

Hoorah!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,621
    I'm £20 down. Win some lose some
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'm going to carry on and leave anyway. I'll try it for a year and if I really miss Sky I should at least be able to get a decent deal to come back. My Sky alternative was going to get me all of the content I wanted for half the price I pay Sky at the moment.
  • Is stuck it out, even to the point that I set the rest of the week's recordings through the app for the Dubai Tour.

It just smacked to me of c0ck waving, and I would've been surprised if either side wen through with it. At least there was some excitement for Sky on Transfer Deadline Day as the football deals definitely weren't exciting.

I'm of for a celebratory bike ride now while the Dubai Tour records on my Sky box!
  • bianchimoon
    Graeme_S wrote:
    I'm going to carry on and leave anyway. I'll try it for a year and if I really miss Sky I should at least be able to get a decent deal to come back. My Sky alternative was going to get me all of the content I wanted for half the price I pay Sky at the moment.
    Programmes will still be the same, just a different user interface, soon get used to that, and as you say if you go back to sky it'll be cheaper!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Ok, now the dust has settled on that one, has anyone had any success negotiating with sky for a better deal? Ive been with them for many years so lots of customer loyalty. With the standard package plus HD and sky sports im paying £71 per month. Which when i think about it is quite a lot. Dont want internet off them as im very happy with my provider. Just a reduction in my monthly charge would be nice. Anyone managed to get this?
  • bianchimoon
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Ok, now the dust has settled on that one, has anyone had any success negotiating with sky for a better deal? Ive been with them for many years so lots of customer loyalty. With the standard package plus HD and sky sports im paying £71 per month. Which when i think about it is quite a lot. Dont want internet off them as im very happy with my provider. Just a reduction in my monthly charge would be nice. Anyone managed to get this?
    We have the entertainment package + HD which includes F1 and Eurosport and box sets, I'm sure we're paying £44 pm. Recently when the box started playing up they tried to charge me for a new one, so as I said I couldn't watch their services without one they sent me a new one FOC. Always worth a try on the sky forum at the moment there's lots of chat about people getting discounts, might be worth looking over those posts to see how they managed it?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    So those who watch via internet things (Eurosport player and the like) - how do you record?

I rarely watch races live nowadays.

Unless someone says otherwise, I think you don't.
    Just forked out £20 to secure British Eurosport, only to find out that currently they have 1 cycling video, lasting 2 minutes.
    If only I was a tennis fan.......

Not sure who to contact first: BT or Sky.
    The flipping clock is ticking on the January offers.

There may be only 1 video on it now, but it'll get busier - they usually have all the live stuff up for a fixed period after the race (I think a week?). I watched the Amsterdam 6-day like that, and noticed the first ones dropping off.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    I have every package / channel and have unlimited Fibre Max (68MB/s where I live), and Sky Go Extra.

I pay £70 a month all in (but they also gave me £50 credit to come back).
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop