Rio Olympic Track events *Spoilers*

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I'm enjoying Chris Hoy's punditry, alongside Ms Balding. She's the ultimate professional but Hoy is doing very well.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    We
    JSCL wrote:
    We-ll, Elvis says they're both fighting for gold. Which I think is also clear to 99.99% of us

Oh it's very clear now.

It was always going to be the coaches' shout. I'm happy to accept I may have been wrong. But there's still two rounds to go :)

In any non-Olympic event, my scenario might - or might not - have been accurate.
    Still don't think it's pre-decided. Looks like a clean fight
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    I'm enjoying Chris Hoy's punditry, alongside Ms Balding. She's the ultimate professional but Hoy is doing very well.
    He's been described by balding as a bit of an Olympic historian. She will be a professional sports presenter, which means being fed information. Is Hoy getting fed info too or is he really this Olympic/cycling nerd?

PS phone spellchecker gives beers as an option when I type nerd. I'm taking the hint and getting a cool one or more for the rest of the night.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    TheBigBean wrote:
    So how does the scoring work?

Unless it has changed you basically get a point for your finish position so first gets 1 point, second 2 points etc. in each event and lowest total wins (but the final points race is weighted).
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Skinner this time.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Pross wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    So how does the scoring work?

Unless it has changed you basically get a point for your finish position so first gets 1 point, second 2 points etc. in each event and lowest total wins (but the final points race is weighted).

Na, changed for 40 points for 1st place 38,36,34 etc wasn't it?
  • Kenny cruises to gold.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    I'll eat them out of date mouldy chips, send Elvis my way.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    He's been described by balding as a bit of an Olympic historian. She will be a professional sports presenter, which means being fed information. Is Hoy getting fed info too or is he really this Olympic/cycling nerd?

PS phone spellchecker gives beers as an option when I type nerd. I'm taking the hint and getting a cool one or more for the rest of the night.

Thing is with Balding, even if she is being fed the info, she sounds genuinely enthusiastic and really gives the experts a good platform. I think she's brilliant.

BTW enjoy the beers :wink:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • FocusZing
    Great win from Kenny. He was a real hound dog there.
  • Both Meares and Morton have to go through the repechage.
    Aussies having a bit of an Olympic mare.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Kenny cruises to gold.

Does Kenny ride anything apart from Olympics, you hardly hear a peek out of him during the intermediate years.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • FocusZing
    Jason_Kenny-medium_trans++PkPWLXP_iG_X2Wo3V95CShPI845MqODqwZdm6-bwC88.jpg

Brilliant from both Skinner and Kenny.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    This Mexican rider has his armrests ludicrously wide apart, can't be especially aero.
  • jscl
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    This Mexican rider has his armrests ludicrously wide apart, can't be especially aero.

A lot of the pursuiters have started to go wider now, a backwards step from when everyone was saying narrower = aero, because it's actually not so much the case.

chris-boardman-hour-record_3302868.jpg
    693506-team-pursuit-event.jpg
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Kenny did seem very tired in the interview. He rode brilliant, they both did.
    Richard Moore tweeted
    Jason Kenny, equal 2nd in all-time GB gold medals list.
    Also 2nd most famous person in his house.

Jokes.
  • bobmcstuff
    Viviani put in a stormer - 2.5s off the Olympic record in the pursuit.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

Thing is with Balding, even if she is being fed the info, she sounds genuinely enthusiastic and really gives the experts a good platform. I think she's brilliant.

BTW enjoy the beers :wink:
    She's the consummate professional. Hoy is good too as that retired Olympian. He's got a career as pundit or presenter of the future I reckon. He could be like McEnroe in tennis.

Beers good. I did as the spellchecker told me!
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    Cav is flying here, smashing Gaviria
  • jscl
    Cav wobbled out of the gate and went for a fast first lap after that. I hope this isn't a repeat of the World's...
  • norvernrob
    Bloody hell Cav laps him
  • bobmcstuff
    Gaviria died on his @rse somewhat!
  • jscl
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Bloody hell Cav laps him

Yep, totally awesome ride that.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Cav utterly destroyed him there.
  • bobmcstuff
    Absolute blinder from Cavendish! Must have learnt from all that team pursuit practice...
  • norvernrob
    Maybe Cav wouldn't have been out of place in the TP then, they've just said that time would have been good enough to win the last couple of Worlds!
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Wow
  • norvernrob
    And importantly Gaviria only 7th which is a big bonus for Cav too.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think he may have got extra motivation being up against an Etixx sprinter.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    That was much better than i was expecting from Cav in the pursuit. World class time - faster than Wiggins did in Beijing to win gold

edit: im wrong enough to get silver in Beijing!