Rio Olympic Track events *Spoilers*

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    Sensational ride from Kenny! Led it out from the front much better than the first time.

All-Brit final, 2 more medals for the pile...
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Dav1d1 wrote:
    All the ladies come across very well, Laura is just awesome, and seems to get glowing reports both on and off the track in terms of her personality.

1471123213211_lc_galleryImage_PICTURE_MARK_LARGE_13_08_.JPG

3732806500000578-3739250-Great_Britain_s_men_received_a_light_hearted_warning_from_their_-m-40_1471118452730.jpg

+1
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Anyone know if Kenny and Skinner room together?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Double post.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Dav1d1 wrote:
    All the ladies come across very well, Laura is just awesome, and seems to get glowing reports both on and off the track in terms of her personality.

No longer "juvenile" then?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    4:10 is a phenomenal time for the womens team pursuit, which almost seems to have been overlooked in the celebration of winning the gold medal,and fair enough, but theyve knocked 3 seconds off the record just at these games, last time the Brits held the record it was 4:19 & 4:16. and they actually look like they can go even quicker.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Anyone know if Kenny and Skinner room together?

Apparently they do according to Skinner on Twitter.

Given they've both already banked a gold with the Team Sprint their approach is probably more of enjoying that they both get to go again and get a medal rather than a bitter rivalry all of a sudden. They seem matey enough so probably quite a nice thing to race off against each other when they've spent months working together in training. Bragging rights for the next 4 years up for grabs!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Interesting dilemma for the coaches. I know they were asked yesterday whether they would just put them both out there and let them race and they said they'd have to think about it. I'm not sure how else they can play it though. I suppose it's not new ground though as the had the same with Hoy and Kenny in Beijing.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    The coaches have done their job in producing the top 2 in the world for the games. Probably just let the lads get on with it.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Hasn't Kenny got the kierin on Tuesday? Yes, he has.

It's going to be Callum's gold.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    JSCL wrote:

There's no way that's going to have any effect whatsoever. It's two days away, and this is sprinting, not pursuiting.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    JSCL wrote:

There's no way that's going to have any effect whatsoever. It's two days away, and this is sprinting, not pursuiting.

Surprisingly, I'm fully aware of that and I know both of the lads particularly well.

They'll put on a good show, you can be guaranteed that. I'd expect to see them push the 30seconds rule too for the crowd.

It's nothing to do with fatigue, it just gives them both the opportunity to walk away with two golds.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    Won't the Olympics people get all pissy if they don't think it's a proper competition between them?
  • JSCL wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

Surprisingly, I'm fully aware of that and I know both of the lads particularly well.

They'll put on a good show, you can be guaranteed that. I'd expect to see them push the 30seconds rule too for the crowd.

It's nothing to do with fatigue, it just gives them both the opportunity to walk away with two golds.

Given what I know about how things work within the team, Imo, they will both race to win. No question.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Given the way the Keirin can pan out it would be very generous of Kenny to gift the sprint, but I don't know them at all.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    inseine wrote:
    Given the way the Keirin can pan out it would be very generous of Kenny to gift the sprint, but I don't know them at all.

This.

No way a pro athlete gives a gift like that.

And by the way I know Callum Skinners best mate's dad's dentist *

* I don't.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    What sort of racer would give up a shot at a gold medal? This isn't Chariots of Fire.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    First onmium part tonight scratch, pursuit, elimination
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I'm sure the lure of a gold medal is incentive enough, but I can't imagine Kenny wants to go into the next 4 year cycle as the second best sprinter in the team either.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    What are the OL omnium rules re. multiple riders from the same country? Are team orders allowed? Can see GB,DK, IT & AU have 2, while NZ has three!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Graeme_S wrote:
    I'm sure the lure of a gold medal is incentive enough, but I can't imagine Kenny wants to go into the next 4 year cycle as the second best sprinter in the team either.

This.

Pecking order needs to be sorted out.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    I saw George North play rugby once and he's going out with Becky James who is in the team and I know that they re both just let Chris Hoy ride round the track on his own and win both gold and silver...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Well I know a guy who works down the chip shop who swears he's Elvis

They'll both ride to win
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    What are the OL omnium rules re. multiple riders from the same country? Are team orders allowed? Can see GB,DK, IT & AU have 2, while NZ has three!
    Where are you getting your information from? It's one rider per nation.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    COL
    Fernando Gaviria Rendon

AUS
    Glenn O'shea

MEX
    Ignacio Prado

BRA
    Gideoni Monteiro

FRA
    Thomas Boudat

JPN
    Kazushige Kuboki

KAZ
    Artyom Zakharov

NZL
    Dylan Kennett

HKG
    Chun Wing Leung

DEU
    Roger Kluge

DNK
    Lasse Norman Hansen

ITA
    Elia Viviani

NLD
    Tim Veldt

CHE
    Gael Suter

USA
    Bobby Lea

BEL
    Jasper De Buyst

GBR
    Mark Cavendish

KOR
    Sanghoon Park
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Well I know a guy who works down the chip shop who swears he's Elvis

He's a liar (and I'm not sure about you)
    FRA
    Thomas Boudat

Anyone want a sweepstake on how many riders the above will take out over the 3 group races? :roll:

I think 4.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    RichN95 wrote:
    Where are you getting your information from? It's one rider per nation.

Google. They fail as content provider. Thought it was a bit strange.
  • I can't see past Gaviria in this discipline.
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • Podium of Cav, Viviani and Gaviria will suit me in the omnium, would love Cav to get gold.