British male road cyclist fails drug test [Mail]

123457»

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    ^Because I live in a cave I honestly had to google GoT because I thought I was missing a bike race.
    I thought one of your previous posts was a reference to Jon Snow the newsreader on Strictly (which I am aware of but don't watch either).
    In my day....
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ^Because I live in a cave I honestly had to google GoT because I thought I was missing a bike race.
    I thought one of your previous posts was a reference to Jon Snow the newsreader on Strictly (which I am aware of but don't watch either).
    In my day....

I had absolutely no idea what GoT was either.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    you are both missing out. This is not one of the "new fangled modern nonsense" which is just mindless pap
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    I am sick to death of Game of Thrones intruding on my consciousness. Fantasy TV series with a global mass audience feel like some sort of end point to me.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    edited May 2016
    It's pretty sh!t.

Childish caricatures with beards, gratuitous violence and naked t!ts.

Oh and dragons :roll: .

But then I'm a snob.
  • ddraver
    yup
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    yup Chasey, we all know you only watch highbrow tv... anything other than BBC4 will not do.

It's entertainment with a degree of intelligence.

For the love of god please stop with the spoilers. I'm still only halfway through the previous season.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    That and strictly come dancing.
  • onyourright
    onyourright Posts: 509
    dish_dash wrote:
    It's entertainment with a degree of intelligence.
    The most insidious kind, then.
  • ddraver
    dish_dash wrote:

For the love of god please stop with the spoilers. I'm still only halfway through the previous season.

Fair enough, god knows how you ve managed to avoid them but, fair enough
    - @ddraver
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    It's pretty sh!t.

Childish caricatures with beards, gratuitous violence and naked t!ts.

Oh and dragons :roll: .

But then I'm a snob.

This
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Is there any precedent for a rider 'caught' using a substance declared on the form before a test conducted?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Is there any precedent for a rider 'caught' using a substance declared on the form before a test conducted?

That is not important in the slightest.
  • tailwindhome
    Joelsim wrote:

Well I say it is so :P
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:

It isn't I tell ya!

If it made a difference, then the next time some Katusha rider gets tested and he knows he's still glowing, he says "you'll findski EPO in my bloodski".

Ah that's alright then. Just 2 months for you Sergei.
  • tailwindhome
    Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

It isn't I tell ya!

If it made a difference, then the next time some Katusha rider gets tested and he knows he's still glowing, he says "you'll findski EPO in my bloodski".

Ok

Firstly 'sentence reduction' in light of a 'guilty plea' is a fairly well accepted principle

Secondly there's no TUE for EPO

Thirdly Sergei's been reading Bike Radar and knows from Joelsim's posts that the chances of getting caught for EPO are so slim that he's not going to roll over so easily.
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

It isn't I tell ya!

Ok

Firstly 'sentence reduction' in light of a 'guilty plea' is a fairly well accepted principle

Secondly there's no TUE for EPO

Thirdly Sergei's been reading Bike Radar and knows from Joelsim's posts that the chances of getting caught for EPO are so slim that he's not going to roll over so easily.

Fair enough, but you know what I mean.

Declare after the horse has bolted. Who knows?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    4 month ban. Eligible to race again on 11th July.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    r0bh wrote:
    So because he withdrew from the Dauphine he will be eligible for the Olympics.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    r0bh wrote:
    So because he withdrew from the Dauphine he will be eligible for the Olympics.

Kind of immaterial

He won't be in the squad