The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,720
    Evening Losers,

Nearly the end of the week and I've been delegating for England this week. Had a good ride to and from work so I've had to rehydrate with some grape juice :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    I'm wondering whether bg has accidentally locked himself in his own dungeon or we need to get a priest and read the last rites to the forum :)

Afternoon wasters, just walked the dogs through the swamp that passes for our local park and woods. Time to stuff my face now as brekky was a bit on the light side.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Tossers.
    It has certainly quietened down a lot on the forums since the 'upgrade'.
    Lovely weather here today - cold but clear- so SWMBO and I took a spin up to Cwmcarn for brekkie. Very nice it was too.
    A bit of leaf clearing this afternoon and I am now ready to fall asleep in front of the tele while watching Harry Potter with Small and Shouty.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Please can as many of you take my survey
    thanks
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2GMP8KT
  • JBA
    dannyd123 said:

Please can as many of you take my survey
    thanks

Are you going to spam every forum with this?
    At least have the decency to tell people what the survey is about and why you are doing it.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Stevo_666
    Anyway, back to talking bollox.

JBA, how's Cwmcarn? Is the DH track in decent nick or still getting a bit of benign neglect?
  • bg13.
    bg13. Posts: 5
    evening bandits of the bum,

got my monthly go on the bottom feeders imac as the ipad still cannot handle the 'upgrade' whichever bellwhacker decided it was a good idea can fark right off,

anyhoo, the renovation is nearly there,,,,,,,,,internally, got some more bits outside but that can wait till the rain stops!

just need some lovely people with a few spare quid to get themselves booked in, i promise they won't end up in a ditch, head on backwards!

toodles
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    dannyd123 said:

Please can as many of you take my survey
    thanks

It’s about is arse to mouth wrong or should you clean it first - obviously doesn’t apply if the hooker is dead
  • tlw1
    Busy work day after long weekend celebrating still being alive. Went to running club rather than tucking into ale, wrong decision
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
    tlw1 said:

Busy work day after long weekend celebrating still being alive. Went to running club rather than tucking into ale, wrong decision

Livers don't just grow back you know, you might as well get back on the boozes.
  • tlw1

tlw1 said:

:smile:
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2019
    I'll take up the slack on the drinking front. Just arrived in Paris for a day corporate jolly paid for by a generous firm of tax advisors :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
    Good work Stevo, being Wednesday I went to the pub.
    Rain was getting biblical out there so we had one more to improve our waterproofing.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

This new forum sucks. Change is pointless and should be discouraged at all costs.

TTFN

• tlw1
    Been slack on the drinking front. But it is thirsty Thursday, just got to CrossFit first
  • Stevo_666

Good work Stevo, being Wednesday I went to the pub.
    Rain was getting biblical out there so we had one more to improve our waterproofing.

I gave it a go. Now sat in Gare Du Nord waiting for my train back to London and feeling a bit tired. May have a snooze on the train.

PS welcome back Angry Bird.
  • tlw1
    Sunday fun day, run first, then wood moving around followed by playing on the fun bike and pub
  • Stevo_666
    Messy day in the garden today, got to get all the gunk out of the pond pump filters and fit some astro turf to cover the muddy bits that the hounds have helped create. Lovely.
  • tlw1
    New forum = empty forum :(
  • JBA
    By crikey, it's shite!
    Starting to get used to the new look but it isn't attractive and is a bit of a pain to navigate.
    I'm losing the love for this forum.

• mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179

My Doctor told me I had an enlarged liver.

I said that's great cos I drink loads...

FCN = 4
  • Stevo_666
    JBA said:

By crikey, it's shite!
    Starting to get used to the new look but it isn't attractive and is a bit of a pain to navigate.
    I'm losing the love for this forum.

The only surprise is it took you this long to notice. They said they were listening to us users but have done nothing about it.

Busy day on the corporate hamster wheel. May have to work on enlarging my liver this evening.
  • Stevo_666
    Welcome back to the Marie Celeste forum folks :)

I made it over the line at work after a long-ish week and headed home. Had my annual company medical today and they told me I wasnt going to die imminently, which is good new I suppose.

Unfortunately.may have to go and collect Stropteen from her evening out later so drinking has been put on hold for now :(

• JBA
    Hello?
    Did someone say something?

Hello?

• Certainly hasn’t been a roaring success so far. I can deal with the new look, but there are some niggles that really do need fixing quick, and seems to be limited (ahem) response to feedback of any kind this last week especially.

In other news, rebuilt two MTB’s this week, oldies converted to 1x drivetrains. Much faff involved, but job done. Back to DIY meh this week I suspect.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2019
    JBA said:

Hello?
    Did someone say something?

Hello?

I reckon bg has either been locked in a dungeon by Mrs by until he renovated it, or else he's dead in a ditch. I miss his diy and alcohol related posts...

Anyhow, Sunday evening is here and we CBA to cook so are having a take away. Get in :)
  • JBA
    Rode a bike yesterday afternoon.
    Had a takeaway last night.
    Went to West Wales to see my parents today.
    That's all I've got.

• Sunday off assigned tasks for a change so went out for lunch (excuse for a bowl of chips and a toasted sandwich) and picking up bits for more DIY stuff to come. Back to it Monday.
  • Stevo_666

Sunday off assigned tasks for a change so went out for lunch (excuse for a bowl of chips and a toasted sandwich) and picking up bits for more DIY stuff to come. Back to it Monday.

Talking of DIY, we need to send out a search party for bg.

Sat on a train headed home after a busy-ish day and catalogue of transport mishaps. Think I will pour a large vino collapso when I get home.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Sunday off assigned tasks for a change so went out for lunch (excuse for a bowl of chips and a toasted sandwich) and picking up bits for more DIY stuff to come. Back to it Monday.

Talking of DIY, we need to send out a search party for bg.

Sat on a train headed home after a busy-ish day and catalogue of transport mishaps. Think I will pour a large vino collapso when I get home.
    He’s probably busted in some French prison for installing hidden cameras in the guest accommodation. Either that or has landed a new ditch-digging contract for some high-profile “friends”.