The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,504

Stevo_666 said:

Sunday off assigned tasks for a change so went out for lunch (excuse for a bowl of chips and a toasted sandwich) and picking up bits for more DIY stuff to come. Back to it Monday.

Talking of DIY, we need to send out a search party for bg.

Sat on a train headed home after a busy-ish day and catalogue of transport mishaps. Think I will pour a large vino collapso when I get home.
    He’s probably busted in some French prison for installing hidden cameras in the guest accommodation. Either that or has landed a new ditch-digging contract for some high-profile “friends”.

Bg = Papillon. If you remember the film.

Done for the day and sneaky beer time soon as the girls are in Liverpool for Stropteens Uni interview. Chill out later hopefully.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2019
    Well she didn't like Liverpool very much. Apparently all the women looked like oompah-loompahs with blonde wigs, all the blokes were wearing tracky bottoms and the pubs near the uni smelt of weed. I've not been to Liverpool for ages but good to see it hasn't changed :)

One day down, 4 to go...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Shame re Liverpool, I recon we could have organised a few ale sessions
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Shame re Liverpool, I recon we could have organised a few ale sessions

I would enjoy it if she went. Not a write off yet though, as she hasn't had any offers yet for vet schools.
  • bg13.
    bg13. Posts: 5
    Afternoon girls, kind of got out of the daily post habit which is due to the shyteness of what the powers that be have done to this lovely forum, at least they have more adverts!
    Just got shot of family and friends who were over for two weeks, got lots of work done with my brothers help and didn't drink too much! Anyhoo, DIY update. Got the stairs to stain and it's all done bar some external bits and bobs. Got a good few bookings for next summer so all is looking good.
    I shall try and bore you all a bit more regularly!
    Toodles
  • Stevo_666
    bg13. said:

Afternoon girls, kind of got out of the daily post habit which is due to the shyteness of what the powers that be have done to this lovely forum, at least they have more adverts!
    Just got shot of family and friends who were over for two weeks, got lots of work done with my brothers help and didn't drink too much! Anyhoo, DIY update. Got the stairs to stain and it's all done bar some external bits and bobs. Got a good few bookings for next summer so all is looking good.
    I shall try and bore you all a bit more regularly!
    Toodles

Yay, he lives! You can go back to your dungeon till next week now bg :)

The forum is crap now, but some of us are trying to keep the average post count up! I'm off home soon as I've had enough at work.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,321
    JBA said:

Hello?
    Did someone say something?

Hello?

Not me, not been on here much as lots going on not liking the new setup much. Had a visit a chap come to visit that had come down from north Welshland, thankfully he spoke English and we didn’t need our interpreter. Actually a productive meeting and a good bloke, other than that a ridiculously busy day and had to stay late to get things done. No work for a week now so can’t grumble. Now having a beer to celebrate my Friday.
  • bg13.
    bg13. Posts: 5
    Evening tw@s,

You can't get rid of me now!
    Stairs stained and I'm now nursing a sore head as the stain was a bit strong!
    Also been out helping people! I'm that kind of guy.

On the beer now!

Toodles
  • Stevo_666
    bg13. said:

Evening tw@s,

You can't get rid of me now!

Uh-oh :)

Bit of a cack day overall, got a bit angry with some French advisors who were treating me like an idiot. Now supping grape juice to make up for it.
  • tlw1
    Been a crap work day followed by the joys of parents evening. Thankfully the pub saved the final part of the night
  • Saturday morning. Back to DIY stuff today after watching (and paying) someone else to do it yesterday. May consider riding my bike after I went to all the trouble of setting up the tubeless tyres.

But first, cup of tea.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2019
    Just retrieved Stropteen from her sixth form Christmas cabaret, back late because some selfish twunts were blocking the car park waiting for their hellspawn to come out.

Cambridge tomorrow as she has a uni interview.
  • Stevo_666
    Cambridge went OK we reckon, first interview was pretty tough but the next two went well. Will have to wait till the middle of January to find out if she gets an offer.

Monday is looming and I could do with another day off...
  • tlw1
    Another day off would be perfect. Ride a mountain bike both days this weekend, been a long time since I could say that
  • veronese68
    Evening wazspangles,
    Pretty lazy weekend, but got a few things done. No work tomorrow as I’m on a first aid course for a couple of days, hopefully there will be some crumpet. Not sure what to have for lunch though.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Another day off would be perfect. Ride a mountain bike both days this weekend, been a long time since I could say that

It's been a while since I could say I've rode a mountain bike one day on a weekend :/
  • Stevo_666

Evening wazspangles,
    Pretty lazy weekend, but got a few things done. No work tomorrow as I’m on a first aid course for a couple of days, hopefully there will be some crumpet. Not sure what to have for lunch though.

Crumpet?
  • veronese68
    Fingers crossed.

Good luck with Stroppers and Cambridge, I’ve heard lots of strange stories about interviews from friends of both our kids.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

It's been a while since I could say I've rode a mountain bike one day on a weekend :/
    Shoulder still knackered?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Shoulder still knackered?
    No, that was sorted last year - the surgeon did a good job but am not risking downhill again as another one like that and I'd have problems. Other things have got in the way of doing the lighter duty stuff.
  • Stevo_666

Fingers crossed.

Good luck with Stroppers and Cambridge, I’ve heard lots of strange stories about interviews from friends of both our kids.

Yep, I mainly put it down to the fact that academics are not always the best at dealing with people.
  • Stevo_666 said:

Fingers crossed.

Yep, I mainly put it down to the fact that academics are not always the best at dealing with reality.
    FTFY.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    Christmas party number 2, bored of the inane chat already
  • veronese68
    Daughter passed her driving test, that’s going to hurt the wallet.
    Our Christmas party is fryday night, daughter turns 18 on Saturday so I’ve got to pretend I’m a responsible parent and not hungover, that’s going to be tough.
    First aid course is dull, nothing to arouse any interest unfortunately.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Fingers crossed.

Yep, I mainly put it down to the fact that academics are not always the best at dealing with reality.
    FTFY.
    Probably both. Most of them are researchers first, teach/lecture second and dealing with people is somewhere on the 'inconvenient but necessary' list.
  • Stevo_666

Our Christmas party is fryday night, daughter turns 18 on Saturday so I’ve got to pretend I’m a responsible parent and not hungover, that’s going to be tough.

Ouch. Don't look at insurance quotes for 17/18 year olds unless you want to get p1$$ed off. Junior currently pays over 3x the premium on the Polo than what I pay on The Panzer (I say 'junior pays' - I bl00dy well pay it...)
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786

I got rather aroused on the last first aid course I did, mostly because the instructor was fit as.

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Stevo_666 said:

Cambridge went OK we reckon, first interview was pretty tough but the next two went well. Will have to wait till the middle of January to find out if she gets an offer.

How's all the uni application jazz going?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

How's all the uni application jazz going?
    It's going - she's been to a few interviews, no offers from vet schools yet but will hear from Liverpool soon, Cambridge & Bristol next month and Nottingham maybe Feb. Keeping fingers crossed as it's so hard to tell how well she's done.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2019
    Votey stuff is all done and I'm supping a nice glass of plonk. CBA to stay to watch all the results so may head off soon and grab some shut eye.