Worlds 2018 - SPOILERS

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,012
    Mayrhofer only 20 sec over chasers with 3km left - going to be close for podiums.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,349
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    The Cannibalette
    Hat! :D

Remco is utterly insane
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Mad_Malx
    'I've only been riding for a year and a half' ....
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,102
    He does show some promise...
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Is that old-skool Dura Ace on his bike? (ie. not the latest incarnation)
  • Mad_Malx
    ^are they gear restricted too?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ^are they gear restricted too?
    52 x 14 according to Carlton so that could be boll*cks.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,568
    2021 Worlds will be in Flanders

Oh. My.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • M.R.M. wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    The Cannibalette

Remco is utterly insane
    The finish area is full of pissed up Belgians at the mo, dancing to euro pop/rock!!
    Lots of Dutch too looking a little peeved.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    The Cannibalette

Remco is utterly insane
    The finish area is full of pissed up Belgians at the mo, dancing to euro pop/rock!!
    Lots of Dutch too looking a little peeved.

Looking at eurosport in the Netherlands and listening to the commentary and stories being told about Remco Evenpoel is incredible. Was mentioned that he came home from football training a little bit dispondent as he didnt enjoy the training that day so he went home and borrowed his fathers bike for the first time. He went out and rode 120Kms with an average of 34Km/h. :shock: On another occasion aged 12 he was on holiday with family and friends and they decided to hire mountain bikes for the day. Remco beat everyone including his own father a former pro cyclist to the top of the mountain :shock: :shock:
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    If someone had done what he did in the pro race. It would go down as one of the greatest exploits of cycling.
    It’s Roy of the Rovers or Tough of the track stuff.
  • BigMat wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Listening to Vasek of the Czech republic he can climb better and outsprint the Belgian prospect (Remco Evenepoel??) so either he's lying or my money is on him!
    The Vacek who came 5th in the Junior European Road Race a mere 9 minutes and 46 seconds behind Evenepoel?

He appears to be trying to give th bunch a 9 minute headstart!

To be fair to him had he not cramped up he was looking like possibly the only threat to the Belgian - albeit by sitting on his wheel but still !
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,970
    Came across well in his post win interview.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    @petosagan
    Looking forward to the Worlds this weekend... full gas!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    Excellent junior women's road race.

Are we doing spoilers on here?

MTBer, only her second ever road race!

Thankyou for this, watched the last 60km this morning, and made my 75 minute turbo session car more bearable, fantastic racing.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Looks like it’s going to be that TT for starters then 4 of the short circuits for the Men’s U23 today.
  • DeadCalm
    RonB wrote:
    Looks like it’s going to be that TT for starters then 4 of the short circuits for the Men’s U23 today.
    U23 Cycling Zone have done an interesting preview which includes the profile:

https://u23cyclingzone.wordpress.com/20 ... s-preview/
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • Just got back from Innsbruck, all the pros are reconing the Höll climb, I followed Tom D over the bridge and he promptly disappeared!!
    It is VERY narrow and steep from the start with 90° turns in the first 500m. There are barriers but not all the way up! I guess this means there will be no spectators on the rest of the climb. If there are it will be a farce.
    My prediction is there will be less than 20 finishers in the race, if you are not right at the front then there is no way anyone can make up places(there will be walking involved). Expect the majority of riders to call it a day on the last lap of the Olympic loop.
  • DeadCalm
    The u23 race is fun.
    Team My Man 2022:

• RonB
    Lambrecht looks strongest of the leading trio but could get mugged in a sprint finish
  • RonB
    If this comes back together (and only 25” in it) there’s a couple of GBR riders in the 2nd chasing bunch of riders
  • RonB
    Hirschi Now built up a 10” gap on the other 2 leaders but there is still another incline to go. Inside 5km
  • RonB
    Tight corners in the town centre could be an advantage to the Swiss rider now
  • DeadCalm
    Brilliant tactics from the Swiss.
    Team My Man 2022:

• DeadCalm wrote:

For sure the strongest team with the best tactics.
    Another really entertaining race, following on from the juniors yesterday. Let's hope for equally good races from the grown-ups over the weekend.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,135
    The Swiss seem to have a great cycling programme; strong in all disciplines, road or off-road.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • DeadCalm
    Cneifion wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

For sure the strongest team with the best tactics.
    Another really entertaining race, following on from the juniors yesterday. Let's hope for equally good races from the grown-ups over the weekend.
    Indeed.

Good efforts by Hayter, Donovan and Shaw. Probably not strong enough to win but it would have been nice to see them try something a little different. Is it considered bad form for a team GB rider to try and get into a break?
    Team My Man 2022:

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    I've just realised that there's no live coverage of the Mens Elite on Sunday on Eurosport.... it is on BBC2 from 13:45 to 16:30 with commentary from Simon Brotherton, Chris Boardman and Rochelle Gilmore.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Dabber wrote:
    I've just realised that there's no live coverage of the Mens Elite on Sunday on Eurosport.... it is on BBC2 from 13:45 to 16:30 with commentary from Simon Brotherton, Chris Boardman and Rochelle Gilmore.

It's showing in the Eurosport Player schedule from 8.10 to 16.30. This is for the uninterupted UCI feed, probably with Anthony McGrossen commentating, rather than CK.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    Cneifion wrote:
    Dabber wrote:

It's showing in the Eurosport Player schedule from 8.10 to 16.30. This is for the uninterupted UCI feed, probably with Anthony McGrossen commentating, rather than CK.

Tis also on the red button:
    08:35-12:20, Cycling - Men's Road Race, World Road Championships, BBC Red Button and online (08:35-16:10, Connected TV and online)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18