Show us your Supersix Evo's

Comments

• Rollemynot wrote:
    Svetty wrote:
    jimbod75 wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:
    Cannondale Save seatpost is a must. I was 95kg and it was awesome until I crashed and wrote my bike off...

My Supersix Hi Mod with newly acquired Zipp 404s and new Save seatpost (height to be adjusted) :)

2uf50l1.jpg

Holy crap that's some spacer stack :shock: :shock:

Why not adjust height... then take lustful photos... or do you enjoy the slagging of the look of your potentially stunning "Dale"

I have to agree- never understood why people post pics with "just got to sort saddle/ bar height out...".

Do it- then take the bl00dy picture!

(lovely bike btw :D )
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Does anyone have instructions for slamming the stem on a Supersix?

I know that may seem a strange question, but I remember reading in this thread the headset Cannondale use is a bit weird in that there are 2 screw in the same hole?! If you undo the wrong one it's a pain in the ar$e?!

Cheers
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 288
    Dinyull wrote:

I know that may seem a strange question, but I remember reading in this thread the headset Cannondale use is a bit weird in that there are 2 screw in the same hole?! If you undo the wrong one it's a pain in the ar$e?!

Cheers

I think the hole in the stem cap if you hit the bottom of it and undo it that loosens the expander bung thats in the headset, while if you just fit the allen key to the entrance to the hole in the stem cap and loosen it then that removes the stem cap.

I previously did the first thing and loosened the expander bung which then fell down inside the headtube so probably shouldnt be giving any advice!
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Cheers man.

Spent last night tweaking position setup and the stem height is the last thing I need to adjust but thought I better sound you lot out before cracking on.
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 288
    Dinyull wrote:
    Cheers man.

Spent last night tweaking position setup and the stem height is the last thing I need to adjust but thought I better sound you lot out before cracking on.

No worries! Looking forward to getting mine back out and hopefully some consistent semi reasonable weather to use it in.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Dinyull wrote:

Cheers
    I found the canondale all-in-one headset thingy a right pain in the arse to use and it also ended down the fork at one point. But i am fairly impatient.
    I swapped it for a normal expander plug/top cap setup.
  • dwanes wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

Cheers
    I found the canondale all-in-one headset thingy a right pain in the ars* to use and it also ended down the fork at one point. But i am fairly impatient.

You do up the inner screw, then take the play out with the larger cap screw.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    dwanes wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

Cheers
    I found the canondale all-in-one headset thingy a right pain in the ars* to use and it also ended down the fork at one point. But i am fairly impatient.

You do up the inner screw, then take the play out with the larger cap screw.

If you really don't think you can do this competently just cut it with an angle grinder and araldite the top cap back on.
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    My Supersix just made I through its second winter. Headset shot to shit (though probably could have did with one more service than I gave it at the end of last Summer) and the bottom bracket has just started to go. Right pedal also failing and the front brake mounting bolt in the back of the forks corroded itself to shit.

All good apart from that but I will be investing in a winter bike this year to save the Dale a bit.
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Time to share my pride and joy, just fitted new wheels.

33650522844_3b491955c0_k.jpg
  • Germcevoy wrote:
    My Supersix just made I through its second winter. Headset shot to shoot (though probably could have did with one more service than I gave it at the end of last Summer) and the bottom bracket has just started to go. Right pedal also failing and the front brake mounting bolt in the back of the forks corroded itself to shoot.

All good apart from that but I will be investing in a winter bike this year to save the Dale a bit.

Keep the SS, buy a new summer bike
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • germcevoy
    Germcevoy wrote:
    My Supersix just made I through its second winter. Headset shot to shoot (though probably could have did with one more service than I gave it at the end of last Summer) and the bottom bracket has just started to go. Right pedal also failing and the front brake mounting bolt in the back of the forks corroded itself to shoot.

Keep the SS, buy a new summer bike

Not after 12 months. Bling wheels next year perhaps.
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    34589787585_b9427430d7_b.jpg

Cannondale Supersix HM 2016 Frameset
    Shimano Ultegra Di2 6870 Groupset
    Mavic Kysrium Elite wheels
    Cannondale Save seatpost
    Fizik R1 bars
    Fizik R3 stem
    Conti GP4000s ii 25mm (currently testing GP 28mm to compare comfort - rear is a tight fit!)

I built the bike up and ridden for about a month now and it's a real joy to ride. The initial grin is wearing off but still look forward to going out each time.
    Di2 is just incredible, and I have a little chuckle with how easy and good it is to use. I do a fair amount of climbing on my route and the set up is great and all I need/want.
    Super Happy with it :D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    lovely did you have any problems fitting the battery in the save seatpost? I assume you also had to use an adapter to get the ultegra crankset working with the BB30A?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • indyp
    Thanks ITB, it's a great bike.

There is a snap ring to finish battery and washers install so need circlip pliers, and preferably an extra set of hands or vice to hold the seat post while putting it in, but it's very straight forward and takes a few minutes.

With the BB, I followed Cannondale new guide to fit BB30A with Loctite 609 and 7649, and then used the green FSA adapters which just push in place, and so far it's trouble free.
  • itboffin
    having seen yours with di2 I'm set on that now for CAAD12 disc if I could just find somewhere with stock
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • OUGrad05
    OUGrad05 Posts: 15
    e30matt wrote:
    [img20160713_074433_zpsdeey6lhh.jpg[/img]
    Did someone mention CAAD? I've already posted my Supersix HiMod on this thread and it's currently tucked away for the wetter months, but use my CAAD12 as an everyday bike. Please excuse the photo location, I had just arrived at work so not the best backdrop.
    A couple M3s in the backdrop? That's a pretty good backdrop!
  • indyp
    itboffin wrote:
    having seen yours with di2 I'm set on that now for CAAD12 disc if I could just find somewhere with stock

only had a quick look and couldn't find it in stock apart from purple. Maybe fire off an email to see if they'll restock the frameset soon?
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    About time I showed mine off again with all its new bits including
    Fizik R1 bars and stem (I have the seatpost too but the alu one is seized in there)
    Fizik Kurve Snake Carbon Rail saddle
    Vittoria Elusion Nero wheelset with cermai brake track
    Weights now up to 7.3kg with pedals but who cares when it looks like this (although I am lusting after an Orbea Orca the moment)

IMG_20170516_183450.jpg
    IMG_20170516_184026.jpg
    IMG_20170516_183551.jpg
    IMG_20170516_183942.jpg
    IMG_20170516_183921.jpg
    IMG_20170516_184326.jpg
    IMG_20170516_184213.jpg
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • itboffin
    indyP wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

only had a quick look and couldn't find it in stock apart from purple. Maybe fire off an email to see if they'll restock the frameset soon?

i have the frameset i'm looking for a groupset
  • indyp
    Surprising that....all the usual had stock around two months ago :?
  • thehighroad
    thehighroad Posts: 57
    edited July 2017
    My 2017 hi-mod. Kitted out with:

52cm Supersix Hi Mod
    Dura Ace 9000 - Cannondale Si Chainset with 52/36 spiderings
    Zipp 202 Clinchers
    Schwalbe One Tyres & Vittoria latex tubes
    Sworks Romin Evo Saddle
    Cannondale Save Seatpost
    Deda Superzero Stem
    Deda Superleggero Bars
    Cannondale carbon bottle cages
    Look Blade Carbon Ti Pedals

6.6kg All in. Such a great bike to ride. Pictures do not do the paint scheme justice. There are subtle bits of chrome on the chainstays and forks and flecks in the black which sparkle in the sun :)

35467846750_dcaa57b399_b.jpg
  • Timmyepp
    Timmyepp Posts: 48

52cm Supersix Hi Mod
    Zipp 202 Clinchers
    Sworks Romin Evo Saddle
    Cannondale Save Seatpost
    Deda Superzero Stem
    Deda Superleggero Bars

6.6kg All in. Such a great bike to ride. Pictures do not do the paint scheme justice. There are subtle bits of chrome on the chainstays and forks and flecks in the black which sparkle in the sun :)

DSC00570.jpg

Just got the same frame through a warranty replacement. You are right, the pics do not do the paint justice. Mine just has the stock DA2 finishing kit on it right now, although that will be changing :)
  • germcevoy

52cm Supersix Hi Mod
    Zipp 202 Clinchers
    Sworks Romin Evo Saddle
    Cannondale Save Seatpost
    Deda Superzero Stem
    Deda Superleggero Bars

DSC00570.jpg

Hot
  • img_87
    img_87 Posts: 60
    Not sure whether I have posted this in here or not...

34905726935_3b7f3d2e08_c.jpgGOPR2947_1492173418960_high-01 by Ian Gate, on Flickr
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Just got the beaut back from the LBS. New cables fitted, new tape and smaller chainring to battle the Dolomites in July.

34539246450_d26b584618_k.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Has anyone fitted an Enve seatpost?
    Anyone else do a 25.4mm (or whatever it is) carbon seatpost?
  • peppern123
    peppern123 Posts: 38
    Quick question. Has anyone lowered the handlebars and put the spacers above the stem? Is the only way to lower them by cutting the tube?
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    You dont cut the tube until your happy with the position. You can put the spacers above the stem without cutting the tube if you wish.
  • peppern123
    peppern123 Posts: 38
    trailflow wrote:
    You dont cut the tube until your happy with the position. You can put the spacers above the stem without cutting the tube if you wish.

The manual says no spacers above the stem? Or is it ok to do that?