Show us your Supersix Evo's

Comments

• Bobbings - running conti gp4000s II on mine with Fulcrum Quattros. Admittedly, there is a bit of rubbing. How do I know? I've put electrical tape on both sides and there is a hole now on the left side. I might need to get my spokes tensioned.
  • vpnikolov wrote:
    Bobbings - running conti gp4000s II on mine with Fulcrum Quattros. Admittedly, there is a bit of rubbing. How do I know? I've put electrical tape on both sides and there is a hole now on the left side. I might need to get my spokes tensioned.

What year is yours. I run the same tyre and wheel combo on my 2015 Evo with no rubbing.
  • drwae
    drwae Posts: 223
    Does anyone know what exact headset bearings I should buy for a 2015 model without having to spend £40 on an entire new headset?
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Germcevoy wrote:
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Bobbings - running conti gp4000s II on mine with Fulcrum Quattros. Admittedly, there is a bit of rubbing. How do I know? I've put electrical tape on both sides and there is a hole now on the left side. I might need to get my spokes tensioned.

What year is yours. I run the same tyre and wheel combo on my 2015 Evo with no rubbing.
    2016. I did have the spokes checked recently and they need tensioning. I guess the wheel flexes a bit too much.
  • neilkav1
    neilkav1 Posts: 91
    I have 2016 SS frame and running conti 4 seasons 25mm perfectly fine on pretty wide rims. I actually tried 28mm but just didn't fit mainly fork and BB clearance, so can conclusively say 28mm contis don't fit!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    That's great. Thanks all.
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Sorry another sizing question - I am 6ft 1.5in... ride a 2011 Cube agree in size 60, and I am happy with it size wise.

When I measure across the horizontal top tube I get 57cm - looking at the sizing chats that puts me in between 56 and 58.

Any thoughts on other measurements that would help my decision on choosing the correct size.
  • Keep posting guys!
    I can't really explain this, but I always enjoy (seemingly) the CAAD or Supersix Evo threads more than the others!?!?
    Never had one and I'm more than happy with my current bike, so it's not even feeling like an itch I'll have to scratch!

They do look so right though, matte black or loud and proud in green.

Love em!
  • e30matt
    e30matt Posts: 24
    [img20160713_074433_zpsdeey6lhh.jpg[/img]
    Did someone mention CAAD? I've already posted my Supersix HiMod on this thread and it's currently tucked away for the wetter months, but use my CAAD12 as an everyday bike. Please excuse the photo location, I had just arrived at work so not the best backdrop.
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    Looks lovely. What size is that?
  • e30matt wrote:
    Did someone mention CAAD? I've already posted my Supersix HiMod on this thread and it's currently tucked away for the wetter months, but use my CAAD12 as an everyday bike. Please excuse the photo location, I had just arrived at work so not the best backdrop.

Yep, something about them! Perhaps they're just very photogenic ;)
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Can anyone with the Tiagra version do me a favour please?

At the weekend I noticed bend in my big chainring, just wanting to double check it's not a standard feature of the FSA Omega chainset.

The bend is in-towards the BB next to the crank arm - it bends in approx 5mm for 2-3cm's.

Cheers
  • e30matt
    e30matt Posts: 24
    Thanks guys, the CAAD12 is a 56cm frame.
  • e30matt wrote:

Horizontal top tubes, in a MAMIL infested exaggerated sloping top tube, long headtube world.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • e30matt wrote:

Horizontal top tubes, in a MAMIL infested exaggerated sloping top tube, long headtube world.

You've seen my bike then :)
  • MrT
    MrT Posts: 260
    Can I ask a really stupid Q....having posted about handlebars elsewhere, I'm going for Deda zero on my build. At 95kg I'm wondering about a carbon seat post....i.e. Strength. Should I go for alloy with a particular type of post/carbon paste to stop alloy reacting with carbon.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Cannondale Save seatpost is a must. I was 95kg and it was awesome until I crashed and wrote my bike off...
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • jimbod75
    jimbod75 Posts: 55
    Ryan_W wrote:
    Cannondale Save seatpost is a must. I was 95kg and it was awesome until I crashed and wrote my bike off...

My Supersix Hi Mod with newly acquired Zipp 404s and new Save seatpost (height to be adjusted) :)

2uf50l1.jpg
  • bonder
    bonder Posts: 1
    My new Evo ultegra 2017, weighs exactly 7.65Kg without pedals.

It's a 56 frame. I'm 1,81m, 86cm leg lenght and 61 arm lenght.
    I think I should have bought the Evo ultegra 3 2016 due to better, lighter components in the same price range, but I realized it too late. Anyway I really enjoyed the bike. The salesman gave me the pedals to get home since the shoes I wanted were not in stock. This is my first road bike after 2 years stopped with mtb.
    The save seatpost is on the way. As soon as I improve my fitness I will get better wheels.
    Sorry for the picture quality, actually it looks much better..

e12k31piyahb.jpg
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    I love the straight forks on the newer cannondales. Would they fit my old supersix? Purely for vanity. Ha.
  • Guys help please?
    Just finishing off getting my new Evo ready for spring/summer. Changed the bars from alloy C1 to 3T Ltd Ergonova. Had to disconnect the cabling to hook it through the internal routing in the bars. Just did the RHS last night and had a bit of an issue threading the rear mech cable through the drive side chainstay at the bottom bracket. In my clumsiness I managed to push the little straw into the frame at the BB. Any tips for getting the cable through here?

I'm guessing the straw only gets you by the BB then the cable just goes through the hollow chainstay (the frame is a 2016 HM). Do I need to take the cranks off and fish about in there?
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    jimbod75 wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

My Supersix Hi Mod with newly acquired Zipp 404s and new Save seatpost (height to be adjusted) :)

2uf50l1.jpg

Holy crap that's some spacer stack :shock: :shock:
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Svetty wrote:
    jimbod75 wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

2uf50l1.jpg

I thought it was a Trek!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Svetty wrote:
    jimbod75 wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

2uf50l1.jpg

I thought it was a Trek!

Also available trimmed in green?
    s-l1600.jpg
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Svetty wrote:
    jimbod75 wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

2uf50l1.jpg

Why not adjust height... then take lustful photos... or do you enjoy the slagging of the look of your potentially stunning "Dale"
  • jimbod75
    jimbod75 Posts: 55
    Svetty wrote:
    jimbod75 wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

2uf50l1.jpg

I thought it was a Trek!

Thought it was a Trek :D:lol:
    Despite some of the negative and snide remarks the bike looks and rides superbly :):D
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Svetty wrote:
    jimbod75 wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

2uf50l1.jpg

I thought it was a Trek!

Also available trimmed in green?
    s-l1600.jpg

great thanks for that, now how did i get coffee out of my keyboard :shock:

:lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Has anyone dabbled with bb conversions on their Evos? My 2015 (non hi-mod) is showing end of life signs for the bb and I am looking at replacing the crankset as well. BB30 crankset options seem relatively limited and I do miss the relative ease of a hollowtech bb. I don't really want to spend a fortune. The FSA collar seems a decent match and I don't mind going for a semi-permanent solution which seems to be a negative against the FSA sleeve. Praxis gets a good rep but at a cost.

Any experiences?
  • A quick snap of mine after it's maiden voyage at the weekend (should have taken the saddle bag off!)....

It's a 2016 Tiagra that I stripped to its frameset and re-built with full SRAM Red eTap and Deda Zero 100 finishing kit. I'll eventually invest in some deeper section wheels.

It's an absolute superbike, I've been completely blown away by the pace of it. Please let the sun come out again!

1CE1D014-1281-47A2-A0C0-0451E368C5C5.jpg
  • dazz_ni45
    dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
    Germcevoy wrote:
    Has anyone dabbled with bb conversions on their Evos? My 2015 (non hi-mod) is showing end of life signs for the bb and I am looking at replacing the crankset as well. BB30 crankset options seem relatively limited and I do miss the relative ease of a hollowtech bb. I don't really want to spend a fortune. The FSA collar seems a decent match and I don't mind going for a semi-permanent solution which seems to be a negative against the FSA sleeve. Praxis gets a good rep but at a cost.

Any experiences?

I use a praxis adapter in my evo and a rotor adapter in the alloy synapse and a kogel bearings adapter in the summer synapse. I would rate the rotor adapter slightly higher than the praxis based on longevity.

However the CAAD12 came with the Cannondale SI crankset with spiderings which I love so if I was you, I would stay with BB30 and go for that crankset if you fancy a change.