Show us your Supersix Evo's

Comments

• Hi All,

Can anyone remember roughly when Paul's cycles reduced the prices of their 2015 supersixes? Hoping the 2016 ultegra evo will be reduced to £1350 like last year

October.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Hi All,

Can anyone remember roughly when Paul's cycles reduced the prices of their 2015 supersixes? Hoping the 2016 ultegra evo will be reduced to £1350 like last year

Bought my 2015 in February this year at a discount.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    There is a 56cm shop soiled SuperSix Evo 105 at Evans for £985.
  • Another issue with my supersix...

I mounted it on the turbo and noticed that at certain points in the revolution (depending on cadence and power output) I get this awful vibration in the pedals and I get this grinding sound. I believe it is coming from the BB as I can't imagine this being an issue with the Tacx Neo. Whenever I ease off on the downstroke the vibration and grinding goes away, but when I stomp on the pedals it all comes back again.

Any ideas?
  • vpnikolov wrote:
    Another issue with my supersix...

I mounted it on the turbo and noticed that at certain points in the revolution (depending on cadence and power output) I get this awful vibration in the pedals and I get this grinding sound. I believe it is coming from the BB as I can't imagine this being an issue with the Tacx Neo. Whenever I ease off on the downstroke the vibration and grinding goes away, but when I stomp on the pedals it all comes back again.

Any ideas?

that'll be the seat stays cracking.
  • Uhm how does this make any sense?
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Didn't someone else have problems with a SS caused by turbo use. Cannondale weren't interesting in a warranty claim as it states in the handbook NOT to use/clamp in a turbo.
  • Where exactly have I mentioned my issues are caused by turbo use?
  • dinyull
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Where exactly have I mentioned my issues are caused by turbo use?

You didn't, but you asked for ideas...
    I mounted it on the turbo and noticed that at certain points in the revolution (depending on cadence and power output) I get this awful vibration in the pedals and I get this grinding sound.
  • This is irrelevant to the issue I am experiencing - vibration/grinding somewhere in the drivetrain. Don't mean to offend, but if you can't help, spare your time and effort to comment.
  • dinyull
    Hahaha, chuffing hell. You asked for any, and I'll repeat that, any ideas.

I was also answering your question to LHL about how that makes sense...as I think that's what he was referring too (Cannondale/Turbo no no).

Shy of anyone with a crystal ball, I don't think you'll be getting much help. Hahaha
  • Almost every single bike manufacturer out there has something on turbo use in their warranties, but only few people actually manage to ruin their bikes on turbos. There are plenty of articles, interviews , etc. out there on the "myth". As I said, I noticed it immediately after mounting the bike, not after using it for an extended period of time.

New cassette so that is ruled out.

Chain was just cleaned and re-lubed so potentially might rule this out as well.

Cannondale is notorious for the issues with the BB so I was wondering if anyone has ever felt such a vibrating sensation in the pedals before.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I know my supersix doesn't sit flush into the clamp because of two protruding screws on the frame, might be to do with that?
  • It's more likely to be a wheel lacking radial trueness ir a "bump" in the tyre giving that vibration as it moves in and out against the roller.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Another issue with my supersix...

Any ideas?

You've not mentioned if the problem is solely confined to the turbo or whether it also occurs on the road.....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Yeah, forgot that.... Now that I think about it, it does at times occur on the road as well, but now it is quite obvious.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Try gently slipping the chain off the chainrings with the bike in the workstand and then turning the cranks. If there is any BB issue you should feel some roughness as you rotate the cranks. If this is all smooth your problem is elsewhere....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Dropped off the bike at the LBS and will update on the outcome.
  • I spend a massive amount of time out on either the SuperX or CAADX due to the weather etc. Went out on the 6 today.

It really is rather wonderful.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    I spend a massive amount of time out on either the SuperX or CAADX due to the weather etc. Went out on the 6 today.

It really is rather wonderful.

Touching.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aATtWybSaow&list=RDaATtWybSaow#t=8 :P Obviously, they'd have to write an even better song for my BMC :lol:
  • Svetty wrote:
    Try gently slipping the chain off the chainrings with the bike in the workstand and then turning the cranks. If there is any BB issue you should feel some roughness as you rotate the cranks. If this is all smooth your problem is elsewhere....
    The issue was with the chain. Not enough lube on it. It's quite strange to be able to hear and feel the chain in this particular way. Put some more lube on there and vibration and grinding disappeared.
  • vpnikolov wrote:
    Svetty wrote:
    The issue was with the chain. Not enough lube on it. It's quite strange to be able to hear and feel the chain in this particular way. Put some more lube on there and vibration and grinding disappeared.

Metal on metal without lubricant. Not strange at all.
  • Germcevoy wrote:
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Svetty wrote:

Metal on metal without lubricant. Not strange at all.

Yeah, I had to lube up the Crushinator quite a lot.
  • ^ at least that's what your wife demanded!
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    Just wanted to say how much I love using my supersix after a long time off of it. I am falling in love over and over again. :oops:
  • I have a Supersix hanging up on the bike room wall. Can't wait to get out on it in the spring. Need to change the bars for narrower ones first though and fit a longer stem. Any recommendations for a carbon bar that suits an Evo? I was looking at the 3T Aeronova but not sure it would suit.
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    I am using Deda Superleggera. Quite light and comfortable, but am looking at the 3T Aeronova as well.
  • pinches
    pinches Posts: 80
    I have a Supersix hanging up on the bike room wall. Can't wait to get out on it in the spring. Need to change the bars for narrower ones first though and fit a longer stem. Any recommendations for a carbon bar that suits an Evo? I was looking at the 3T Aeronova but not sure it would suit.

i always thought aero section bars look a bit out of place on a supersix.

I ran 3T Ergonovas for a while and now have Enves on, they are both really nice bars.
  • pinches
    pinches Posts: 80
    I have had two Supersix Evo Black Inc. over the past few years

This was my first one, Dura Ace 9000 and 3T carbon finishing kit

2015-01-18131223.jpg

This is my current one from 2015, it has the same groupset but with Enve finishing kit, Fabric ALM Saddle, and is undergoing a bit of a winter re-build with EE brake calipers and some different wheels at some point

Bey.jpg
  • Supersix Evo Ultegra Disc hired from Freemotion Gran Canaria.

kOe7xTTh.jpg