Show us your Supersix Evo's

Comments

• bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    edited September 2016
    It's not awfully good at cx or wet commuting!

EDIT: I read that as SuperSix with spare wheels, oops! Yeah, actually, the SuperX is a beast. I'm knocking up a review but it's incredibly good. But it IS very high which might put a lot of people off as a summer bike.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Germcevoy wrote:
    E66d1w9_zpsqnf4fdqo.jpeg

Steerer needs cutting down ;)
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Had this nearly 3 years, 2014 SS Nano
    Red 22
    Cinelli Ram 3 bars
    Enve 45's
    Weighs fuckall
    IMG_0174_zps27i0izhm.jpg

I hate sloping top tubes
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Svetty wrote:
    Germcevoy wrote:
    E66d1w9_zpsqnf4fdqo.jpeg

Steerer needs cutting down ;)

Sure does. Had it seven months now and fancy going a bit lower again so haven't cut it yet. Probably do it after winter when I'm going for nicer finishing kit.
  • antfly wrote:
    You could save a load of weight from those wheels (claimed weight 1690g) with shallow rimmed clinchers, even alloy ones.
    Yeah I'm surprised 404 clinchers weigh that much... my Cero AR30's are only 1400... but they're half the depth and probably nearly half the width.. Even a £430 pair of Zuus 60mm carbon wheels is equal in weight if the claimed weight is to be believed...

I'd hazard a guess either the Zipps actually hit their claimed weight while most carbon wheels only hit it "on a good day" or the Zipp clincher rims are overbuilt to avoid people taking them to the alps and delaminating them at 60kph...
  • evodeda
    evodeda Posts: 33
    Here's mine, 2013 Supersix Evo di2.

003.jpg~original

Zipp 303 Wheelset
    Deda Bars / Seat Pin
    Praxis Works Chainrings
    6870 Groupset
    Bepro Pedals

I don't think you can beat the classic look of the Evo..
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Looking for some size advice as I'm struggling with the Cannondale size charts. Looking at a super six, I'm 5'"11 with 32" inside leg - what size should I be looking at?
  • I am 5ft 10 and 31" and I ride a 54, and could probably get on with a 52. I have about 6" of seat post showing. Picture somewhere on this thread.
  • svetty
    6ft with 31" inside leg and ride a 56 with a 120mm stem. You'd probably be OK on a 54 if you are reasonably flexible...
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Dinyull wrote:
    Looking for some size advice as I'm struggling with the Cannondale size charts. Looking at a super six, I'm 5'"11 with 32" inside leg - what size should I be looking at?

54. I'm on a 52 and I'm a fairy but shorter than you.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Dinyull wrote:

Same height as you, I have a 54 - but would be better off on a 56. Size is very much dependent on body proportions and flexibility which determine your potential saddle height and reach. What is your current saddle height - measured from the bottom bracket and your reach - measured from saddle tip to the interface of the stem meeting the face place? Given those measurements I could quickly see how they transpose to my bike.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    letap73 wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

Same height as you, I have a 54 - but would be better off on a 56. Size is very much dependent on body proportions and flexibility which determine your potential saddle height and reach. What is your current saddle height - measured from the bottom bracket and your reach - measured from saddle tip to the interface of the stem meeting the face place? Given those measurements I could quickly see how they transpose to my bike.

You're in that ballpark, it'll come down to preference. I'm 6'1 and 33 inside leg and bought a 56 which was okay with the stem slammed however I've always preferred smaller to larger so when the opportunity to move to a 54 arose I grabbed it and feel much happier with the size.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Had this nearly 3 years, 2014 SS Nano
    Red 22
    Cinelli Ram 3 bars
    Enve 45's
    Weighs fuckall
    IMG_0174_zps27i0izhm.jpg

I hate sloping top tubes

Nice, great build, I've the 2015

Can't be to many of those about, I didn't briefly ride with you and comment about the bike half way around ToC this year did I?
  • this is literally a thread for supersix evo's.
  • kmanchester
    kmanchester Posts: 30
    edited November 2016
    Can any Supersix Evo owners give me some help on sizing (2016 models)?

I'm 5' 11" (180 cm) with a 33.4" inseam (85 cm).

I used to ride a PX with a 57 cm top tube and 11 cm stem which felt slightly too big.

Do I get a 54 or 56 Supersix?
  • svetty
    Can any Supersix Evo owners give me some help on sizing (2016 models)?

I'm 5' 11" (180 cm) with a 33.4" inseam (85 cm).

I used to ride a PX with a 57 cm top tube and 11 cm stem which felt slightly too big.

Do I get a 54 or 56 Supersix?

You are quite 'long in the leg, short in the body'. If you are OK with a reasonably aggressive position you'd likely be fine with a 54 but if you want a more upright position a 56 might be better although you may need a shortish stem and/or short-reach bars in that case.
  • ^What Svetty says, 'probably' the 54

The 56 may feel like you are riding a plank of wood
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • That is a tough one. 5ft 10" with 31.4 inseam. Size 54 with 6-7" of Post - seat a little forward of centre standard stem. I have just the last but fairly large cone left on the headset

You would be quite low down if the stem was slammed but they do come with plenty of spacers as standard.

I got a store to stick one on a turbo for me to decide between a 52 and 54
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    As above, I'm 5'11 32 leg and went for a 56.

Have only ridden it for 16 miles but I'm pretty happy with the size so far.....surprisingly a lot of seat post showing considering I'm between a 54 and 56 - it would be all seat post if it was a 54.
  • Thanks everyone. I'd be having a lower stem with a 'racier' position on the bike anyway. Comparing the sizes of the different frames makes me think I should go with a 54 and slightly longer stem (12 cm).
  • To the supersix owners out there...

A while back a had a bike fit and fitter was unwise enough to unscrew the headset a bit. Tightened it back up and all was fine until about a month or so ago when my front developed quite a lot of play. Two visits to the LBS to "fix" it and it gets unscrewed again. Today I decided to do it myself and made the huge mistake of removing the top cap first and then unscrewing the headset itself. You might have by now guessed that my headset dropped further down the tube and now it is an incredibly difficult task to remove it... any ideas how to remove it and place it properly without visiting a LBS?
  • it wasn't the headset you unscrewed. it was the expander.

https://www.bike24.com/p2129313.html

all i can think is remove fork, and shake upside down
    maybe if you can get an allen key in to de-expand it, it might help.

they are kind important to have in place.
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 288
    vpnikolov wrote:
    To the supersix owners out there...

A while back a had a bike fit and fitter was unwise enough to unscrew the headset a bit. Tightened it back up and all was fine until about a month or so ago when my front developed quite a lot of play. Two visits to the LBS to "fix" it and it gets unscrewed again. Today I decided to do it myself and made the huge mistake of removing the top cap first and then unscrewing the headset itself. You might have by now guessed that my headset dropped further down the tube and now it is an incredibly difficult task to remove it... any ideas how to remove it and place it properly without visiting a LBS?

i did the same thing when i got my ss. and turned it upside down and it dropped out of the head tube
  • Fypo
    Fypo Posts: 24
    vpnikolov wrote:
    To the supersix owners out there...

I did the exact same thing just last week, all I did was drop the fork out since it was already loose and hit it on my hand and the expander came straight out.
  • img_87
    img_87 Posts: 60
    Looking at Supersixes again to go alongside my synapse. Can pick up a 2016 with tiagra for £800 but not sold on the black. Much prefer the silver or the 105 equipped bike. So does anyone know where's cheapest to pick up the 105 version?

Cheers
  • Looks like all pretty much same price.

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b65s6p6 ... O-105-2016
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    The external cables would still put me off buying another. Its ok on my 2012 supersix but they really need to introduce it on the cheaper framesets.
  • Never noticed that before, that is a bit of a WTF external brake running the same line as internal, can't see they save much by doing that?

No one got a 2017 bike yet? Or better still a 2017 Disc version? The Lower level disc seem a bit weighty at 8k+ My Grade is supposed to be 8.5kg my red six about 7.2kg Not seen a weight for the top of the range Discs. If I am in the market I think it would be ~Focus Izlaco Max Disc
  • Hi All,

Can anyone remember roughly when Paul's cycles reduced the prices of their 2015 supersixes? Hoping the 2016 ultegra evo will be reduced to £1350 like last year
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Looking at Supersixes again to go alongside my synapse. Can pick up a 2016 with tiagra for £800 but not sold on the black. Much prefer the silver or the 105 equipped bike. So does anyone know where's cheapest to pick up the 105 version?

Cheers

What size are you looking for?