Show us your Supersix Evo's

Comments

• germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    defride wrote:
    Photo%20Jun%2017%2012%2046%2007%20PM_zps2qgrqph7.jpg

2015 Black Inc

Just about there, rides like a dream on lower depth carbon clinchers. Waiting for the rain to disappear before trying the deeper section tubs. First experience of tubs, fingers crossed...

Stunner. What are those handlebars?
  • defride wrote:
    Photo%20Jun%2017%2012%2046%2007%20PM_zps2qgrqph7.jpg

2015 Black Inc

Just about there, rides like a dream on lower depth carbon clinchers. Waiting for the rain to disappear before trying the deeper section tubs. First experience of tubs, fingers crossed...

I thought the 2015 Black Inc had gold writing, the 2014 Blue, with no Cannondale on the downtube.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Galatzo wrote:
    defride wrote:
    Germcevoy wrote:

I thought the 2015 Black Inc had gold writing, the 2014 Blue, with no Cannondale on the downtube.

Stunner. What are those handlebars?

Wowzer.
    That really is a SUPERsix.
    You'd better have the legs to live go with it :wink:

The gold writing is on the top of the DT with the black decals on either side, you can see the gold piping on the fork that runs up the HT then along the TT, the top tube and front of the fork have a gold glitter effect embedded in the black, hard to capture in a pic.

The bars are Zipp SL's in traditional bend

It gets raced... (:

First deeper sections, first tubs, first ride on them today, five mile shakedown for tomorrows club ride & first puncture...

Not so impressed by the Tufo tyres, lots of micro cuts and and a small flint, my regular Schwable, even Ultremo's which were pretty bad for cuts were never this bad
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    It

is

lush
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Germcevoy wrote:
    My Quattros have gone to shoot in a month. Really wet ride last Sunday. I gave the bike a good clean after. Lifted it last night and the front wheel was barely spinning. I had to back off the little washer to get it moving. Started to feel it knocking around on today's ride. Need to tighten it by the road side but it felt like it was pushing back the whole way home.

Shame. They should be able to stand up to more than 2 hours in the rain. Now to see what chain reaction think seeing as I've taken the stickers off.

The cartridge bearings can be replaced and there are plenty of options out there. I must admit though, part of the reason why I like cup/cone is the ease of sorting problems like this and I found the Campag seals on the Zondas to necessitate maintenance every month or so in the winter...but I know many will argue that swapping bearings is easier.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    j55ZkilZKl8zBcVk37jynKq3GOF5xp8s3KesZt6hxJSEBvZvszHnEAM5lfdnh5o2E80_Rn6v8kVV4RgZrlKQivTCStgBmBKcErMRtEcwIpi8DjlyXcXQ7tSmdsGiRdejpAcjPcPR0fMQEykwu1k69xQE7QrYcoA4AYeV2zgONneB5er6FIaGmOe5AXCgGVI6_7K7QRDT5istn2_4XMl_dL7si-jD_PP55ukuZb9cZvuvHcKAcTOXIDwKTpzxak3bDzp3Gvp-OH38iLugDYzCB6ZYaZLmmSIhEI2Pu9QqVmHjF4UwokYRb55nhhzSn1Xd_50V99fMvcnIxguoRd2lC2X13UXv0EtmwA_0lBSGp0MC0bSC5nuyADTSzwWS0QVid52qUel0qSofTKjL3IHorj8rJjuJ0KDleCZTIaw3Bs6I_SCXJqGIaPbcHw8P1moHkhnw8u0010SvxhuzG9l3J0P5gHgfCdHDx9TXN1s7XIfEdImg-02y7MC6ZWQ3M9VROzai80GVvBPJG6ZI_j0YZ6Y2tXr16AVAHwoY-pk0ehRcIgzSf5M0OC9JRHr-bMie_q3woOOFaljsx1XniJX80LsLjxcDVz4=w1287-h965-no

Phone pic for speed:

Gone back to the FSA compact rings for now. A change to praxis 52/36 is in the pipeline soon. Garmin mount will probably get replaced with something less cheap and tacky. For now, Shimano 550 SPD Sl pedals, but these will probably get replaced too. Fabric ALM isn't working as well as I hoped, but I think I'm growing into it. We'll see...
  • lambpie
    lambpie Posts: 25
    image_zpsajn1meca.jpeg

My new supersix - purchased frameset and built up with ultegra di2, fsa and fizik kit in the main.

First ride was very nice :D
  • img_87
    img_87 Posts: 60
    lambpie wrote:
    image_zpsajn1meca.jpeg

My new supersix - purchased frameset and built up with ultegra di2, fsa and fizik kit in the main.

First ride was very nice :D

Perfect!!!
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Looking to purchase this years 105 5 version, lovely in silver and discounted to £1275 everywhere now, with cycle to work that works out at £855 so a steal really. Have some Quattros to chuck on there, just got to move my 2015 Giant TCR advanced on before I can bite the bullet or the wife will go mental!! TCR is a great bike but there is just something about it that I don't like, I should never have strayed from Cannondale after my CAAD.
  • jimbod75
    jimbod75 Posts: 55
    4g3jwi.jpg

My new SS Hi Mod, weighing in at 7kg. Absolutely love it :)
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Very nice.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Only went and ordered the 2016 105 model in silver. Comparing the geometry to my other bikes I went with 58cm, stacks up almost identical to my old cube which was the most comfortably set up bike I've ridden. With cycle to work voucher it works out at £794 so a frigging steal. I've got some nearly new fulcrum Quattros in the shed to chuck on there so will probably sell the Mavics that come as standard so may pull £100ish for them on eBay which puts this bike at £700, not going to get better value than that!

Delivery on Tuesday which may as well be years away!! Oh well there is a little bike race starting this weekend that will keep me occupied.
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 288
    jimbod75 wrote:
    4g3jwi.jpg

I got the ultegra version, wish I d went for that da one now!

Is that 7kg with garmin, pedals and cages included?
  • jimbod75
    jimbod75 Posts: 55
    jdee84 wrote:
    jimbod75 wrote:
    4g3jwi.jpg

I got the ultegra version, wish I d went for that da one now!

Is that 7kg with garmin, pedals and cages included?

Still loving this bike. It has Di2 taken from my old Supersix frame. Long story but I was able to acquire a new Hi mod frame for a significantly reduced price so swapped out all my bits and upgraded a few more bits so it feels like a completely new bike. The bike weighs in at 7kg with the cages and pedals but excluding bottles and the garmin.
  • img_87
    Test rode a SuperSix today. Had the 54 out for a couple miles and then sat on the 56 (didn't have time to ride that one too) but it was fairly obvious that the 56 was the right size for me. Glad i did this though as i have been back and forth in my head for ages between the 2 sizes.

Now just to get this wedding and honeymoon out the way and i can seriously look at purchasing one.

Any ideas on the colour scheme of the 2017 models? I know there's a couple of hi-mod photos floating about but haven't seen anything of the standard mod.
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    img_87 wrote:
    Test rode a SuperSix today. Had the 54 out for a couple miles and then sat on the 56 (didn't have time to ride that one too) but it was fairly obvious that the 56 was the right size for me. Glad i did this though as i have been back and forth in my head for ages between the 2 sizes.

Now just to get this wedding and honeymoon out the way and i can seriously look at purchasing one.

Any ideas on the colour scheme of the 2017 models? I know there's a couple of hi-mod photos floating about but haven't seen anything of the standard mod.

This may help...

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... imo-47461/
  • img_87
    6wheels wrote:

Such a shame they have gone for boring black on the 105 version. Doesn't say much about the frame either. Am i to assume that it is the new, re-design that featured on the 2016 Hi-Mod?

Thanks for your help with that!
  • img_87
    Also... quick photo from yesterday.

28023684256_1e6087504a_c.jpgGOPR0761_1467470038866_high-01 by Ian Gate, on Flickr
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    maybe i have miscalculated, but £4,700 seems pricey. pound crash wont have helped

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... iew-50515/
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    2017 bikes starting to appear now.....
    Repeat after me
    I like my current bike
    I like my current bike
    I like my current bike
    I like my current bike....
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    Update time!
    52cm evo 105 with:

13cm Zipp stem
    38cm Deda bars
    Ultegra rear mech
    Doval rings
    Mavic Cosmics
    FSA SL-K seatpost
    Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon ProTeam pedals
    Superstar Components green out front mount
    Elite Custom Race cages
    Fizik Ardea VS saddle
    Lizard Skins DSP tape
    Black cable upgrade, with green noodles
    Cut steerer, low profile headset cap, green FSA polycarbonate spacer

Also some Cero AR24 wheels for winter. That's about it, power upgrade aside!

oqOyJvP.jpg
  • img_87
    Galatzo wrote:
    2017 bikes starting to appear now.....
    Repeat after me
    I like my current bike
    I like my current bike
    I like my current bike
    I like my current bike....

Thoughts on the colours?
  • galatzo
    The White Supersix Hi Mod Ultegra with Cannondale carbon clinchers is the one turning my eye.
    I can forgive the Ultegra (Sram Force 22 for me) as it has a Hollowgram chainset cus we all know how ugly Ultegra chainsets are.
    Yes a lot of the colour schemes are dubious at best but sure they'll grow on us when Pauls Cycles reduce them in 18 months time !
  • Anyone spotted any size 48 frames in the current sales?
  • img_87
    Galatzo wrote:
    The White Supersix Hi Mod Ultegra with Cannondale carbon clinchers is the one turning my eye.
    I can forgive the Ultegra (Sram Force 22 for me) as it has a Hollowgram chainset cus we all know how ugly Ultegra chainsets are.
    Yes a lot of the colour schemes are dubious at best but sure they'll grow on us when Pauls Cycles reduce them in 18 months time !

Disappointed by the lack of green though!!!
  • galatzo
    Anyone spotted any size 48 frames in the current sales?
    Got a Synapse Alu Tiagra for the lady in a 48m for £660 from CycleDivision.
    There's bound to be some 448s come up at a good price just bide your time mate.
  • Lugnegard
    Lugnegard Posts: 13
    My Evo, custom painted by Lumar Colors in Italy (they did Sagans TDF frame in 2013) with November Rail52 hoops. A very nice ride, fast and agile.
    IMG_0647_1.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
  • img_87
    Lugnegard wrote:
    My Evo, custom painted by Lumar Colors in Italy (they did Sagans TDF frame in 2013) with November Rail52 hoops. A very nice ride, fast and agile.
    IMG_0647_1.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg

Love that.

What colour was it prior to painting?
  • Lugnegard
    Lugnegard Posts: 13
    Standard green 2015 Ultegra
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    Previous picture link was broken, sorry:

j6VOwV-tfAhWE14clkpLPw5RLzZ8MWQXTSJ01BhJNVbra6g_a99fcBLcqThHQNJ0UrJpd3nxQ2zvGPdE-MpDwHuI8Fjm7FZxIYcK8QxNTuBq8LA0GgRkZrnJSL8ib8wA2AbDihxupgZvW58LeKVYrCBrPqAk5ClSx9zfOFDRrx654M9-rLJd9aCQIwIPA41aDUygsXYur895qsFxUQgPe5taGW8bvbwYqAiN0oc0NWYwSOS1uJRpoUf_99uHnQM2GU6J80Q3BgVzY3DookUZH0vBB8otgjh1jdp0Jddg6B-9kUx808Jcjul_nrPnsbVTbXtSxXuUmWapDZuzPoz-8WDb09V4W_tzixBy9JpFM8sdLj8lL6HsQiu3KCvGdErKJCJ_fdDm5lGvs-jCjG3wsQ_eXrKXhVWnhhS9q5Rtm3G33FmG7QyCBs__UkfJ6jh9jUcZ0eRDGBzRUozRIXQG4VD3QuAPjiCnwCkg0zSOEtr_Gqp_vN75bI7RSAO5N6vJmuTK3zntgUhWxBK8uwXfsBmOiNY3sY6CLQozJkrwkWPn2NLjsuH_ZNCFQoD-64O9j-7o2KacfLVY6fsUMatBmtYwBmCtHUA=w1287-h965-no

Phone pic for speed:

Gone back to the FSA compact rings for now. A change to praxis 52/36 is in the pipeline soon. Garmin mount will probably get replaced with something less cheap and tacky. For now, Shimano 550 SPD Sl pedals, but these will probably get replaced too. Fabric ALM isn't working as well as I hoped, but I think I'm growing into it. We'll see...