Show us your Supersix Evo's

Comments

• They will tell you 2016 are fine for clearance and they are, they modified the frame on the 2016 seeing the trend towards wider tyres. Now whether you get evenly balance dropouts...

Pretty sure you will they must sell 1000's of these and only a smattering on internet forums of problem frames as far as I can tell it is 2014 mainly.

It really is a fantastic ride, and I am saying that as someone who has a problem dropout. I ride 23mm tubeless and it is as smooth a my GT Grade and better than my old Roubaix, for a bike of this ilk that's brilliant.

25mm Schwalbe One tubeless would be way too tight on my 2014 even dead straight.
  • e30matt
    e30matt Posts: 24
    You should be fine, my Hi Mod has 25mm Michelins mounted on Zipp 404's with no rubbing issues.
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Mine is fine, no rubbing with GP4000s and Fulcrum Quattros on. 2016 Evo Ultegra.

Same on a 2015 Evo.
  • I use tubeless 23 Schwalbe pro ones on LB carbon rims (the tyres measure 25mm on these wide rims) without problems on my 2015 hi mod. Wouldn't want to go any wider mind
  • e30matt
    e30matt Posts: 24
    Not long finished the build of my 2015 Hi Mod.
    DSC01360_zps0mzxj5z3.jpg
    DSC01330_zps2k4urqtj.jpg
  • Nice work
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    I'll say it again. Supersix + any type of rough surface = laughs in the face of.......
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • @ e30 Matt
    Oh Lordy, that is one fine looking Evo....
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 281
    heres mine at the moment
    fitted some new fizik bartape, new deda (shorter) stem and lowered the stem by a whole 10mm (so far)
    IMG_6966%202.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Plan is to:
    lower stem more (little by litte to hopefully eventually having it slammed)
    replace horrible FSA Omega crankset to Ultegra or $$$ dependant Cannondale Spidering
    new wheels - not 100% sure yet
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • germcevoy
    riggsy81 wrote:
    heres mine at the moment
    fitted some new fizik bartape, new deda (shorter) stem and lowered the stem by a whole 10mm (so far)
    IMG_6966%202.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Plan is to:
    replace horrible FSA Omega crankset to Ultegra or $$$ dependant Cannondale Spidering

Have you asking to the bar tape?
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 281
    Germcevoy wrote:
    riggsy81 wrote:
    heres mine at the moment
    IMG_6966%202.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Plan is to:

Have you asking to the bar tape?

thats the stuff
    Fizik Superlight Tacky
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fizik-superligh ... 60704250uk
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • Sgt_Pepper
    Sgt_Pepper Posts: 172
    edited June 2016
    Got my bike today, only rode it the 5 or so mile home from work. It's great being back on a road bike. just gotta get my fit adjusted a little. need some better pedals too, had to take the ones off my spin bike.

IMG_3712.jpg
  • vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    hWzEG7q24XhLy9OICgf2F47NNc7u2WB8ago69d4vG5iJLbJKksAsT30BLzXQ9BqtBUN9vRByG6YxHRfru4c0o2U1AJoEsubGc1Dv47UKsu0Lpd1cye9r35nCKYMMH9wr3wnYZZGB6C1bCfN2t4aHl-_WE065f50WM15dkWjb7TPDmz7qDMKzpZdvCBkgjjBe1UyEJyTu0f-tkCNx5X-Y4RtXDOp9ISxEoWdfmu-qfVQluvOYUYjDwV0R-8BKrOiDCZ3Khmqppn1ajOSvS5F5FypIm7Nm9g3zwMcMdxa1MfdqiSJpXVzlEwJSbhXkluNWDdjVw5FRLvYROWp-KumBTEogpC6gpS71m_LYDwzV_zA6K4EqT1izoL0C_y5AaNZpv4mfIqzx7eh9MLjkkYP4j2qx5R5nBjHq6NQvyzxTY4bqbbxm_Wk4J-cgreq6soZWTMmK3WNYVsUJ715xmtqkB_OhiuvsSFKHIFyDRsZtSWawA0Z2LgqmaOeMGBAiGQ5DCL7fcmwU1pt1UqVQluFtdTmzGYAGoFBqDBDzh7FX8Puw9tsNsk7MhvuhPai0GHTZRltzLqKoUWrgNLLWCGWf7KjbhP479Ik=w2100-h1576-no

Finally arrived... now to get them fitted. :twisted:
  • Heres mine, I love it, 15lbs, 1oz or 6.83kgs.

IMG_9455.jpg[/URL]/img]
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    About to order a Dura Ace groupset for mine, what BB will I need to get with it? Got the option of the press fit or a BSA, and unsure if the press fit will work as it says it's for 86.5mm frames. So do I get that, or do I buy the BSA and then get a converter for that?
    Assume the supplied FSA one that I've been running with my Force BB30 crankset won't work? If I also need a converter then any recommendation?
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    ^praxis bb30 -> 24mm converter
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    Thanks!
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Could you lot stop putting on logo'd Fizik tape when you don't have a Fizik saddle ... It irks me ...

That's 2 bikes in a row now ... You do get the exact same tape without the logo you know (and it's cheaper) ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • bendertherobot
    It's interesting. Spent two weeks riding the SIx almost every day. No other bikes got a look in apart from the Bivio off road.

Damp yesterday. Took the XLS with road tyres on. Had to keep checking the PSI, just felt, well dull and lifeless. That's unfair. It's really good off road etc. It's often really good on road. But the Supersix is so far beyond it.
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    It's interesting. Spent two weeks riding the SIx almost every day. No other bikes got a look in apart from the Bivio off road.

Damp yesterday. Took the XLS with road tyres on. Had to keep checking the PSI, just felt, well dull and lifeless. That's unfair. It's really good off road etc. It's often really good on road. But the Supersix is so far beyond it.

I also have a S6 and XLS. My XLS has been my winter bike for a few years running 28mm Conti 4 Season tyes.. and was a fantastic second bike.

I got the Super Six (Evo HM) last summer and rode it all winter. I've now swapped the tyres on the XLS as I can't see it being used as a winter bike anymore, the S6 is just too enjoyable to ride :-)
    Simon
  • Oh my, a leaked 2017 SuperSix Disc. Not mine, yet!

314453d1464910114-2017-supersix-evo-2-disc-evodiscui2_crop.jpg
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    :o:):D

Yum
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    :shock: :? :cry:

Yuk
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    only see render of the hm non-di2 but the paint scheme of that s my favourite of what i have seen
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Photo%20Jun%2017%2012%2046%2007%20PM_zps2qgrqph7.jpg

2015 Black Inc

Just about there, rides like a dream on lower depth carbon clinchers. Waiting for the rain to disappear before trying the deeper section tubs. First experience of tubs, fingers crossed...
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Disc on race bikes = the end is nigh.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    defride wrote:
    Photo%20Jun%2017%2012%2046%2007%20PM_zps2qgrqph7.jpg

2015 Black Inc

Just about there, rides like a dream on lower depth carbon clinchers. Waiting for the rain to disappear before trying the deeper section tubs. First experience of tubs, fingers crossed...

Wowzer.
    That really is a SUPERsix.
    You'd better have the legs to live go with it :wink:
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • germcevoy
    My Quattros have gone to shit in a month. Really wet ride last Sunday. I gave the bike a good clean after. Lifted it last night and the front wheel was barely spinning. I had to back off the little washer to get it moving. Started to feel it knocking around on today's ride. Need to tighten it by the road side but it felt like it was pushing back the whole way home.

Shame. They should be able to stand up to more than 2 hours in the rain. Now to see what chain reaction think seeing as I've taken the stickers off.
  • I really struggled with Zeros, I thought it was just the top end ones that were exposed to the elements.
  • bendertherobot
    Mine have seen limited wet use but I continue to be impressed by them.

Problem is, these are coming to review soon,http://www.baxcarbon.co.uk/#!product-page/f5pp0/868d7802-3c49-6ffd-4950-1998e6b2b6bd