Did Canyon messed up real good in the UK too ?

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Sap, that explains everything. We use it at work. It's a disaster.
  • Just when I'm starting to get a bit sick and tired of everybody whinging about Canyon, even started feeling a tiny bit sorry for them, the final f##k up on my set of orders shows itself.
    They've cocked every single aspect of everything I've ever ordered off them so far but at least I have a bike, an Aeroad, only after several cancelled orders and more.
    The one remaining item they had'nt screwed up was the Canyon Shuttle bike box that came with my order. I specifically asked 'will an XL Aeroad fit in?', 'yes no problem' came the reply.
    I've just looked at a renewed ad for their Shuttle and it states Aeroads only up to an L.
    I've emailed.
    If this turns out to be true I'm going to go jeffing mental as it will of then been a 100% screw up from start to finish.
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    I'd like to consider Canyon for a new bike purchase. May for a Ultimate CF in my size, and June for a Aeroad. That coupled with those quoted lead times being unreliable puts me off.

I can go to a shop now and buy a Giant, Cervelo, BMC, Pinarello etc ensuring I have a nice bike for the summer.
    Giant pricing in particular doesn't make Canyon as much of a bargain as they had been previously in the UK
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I expect they will be adjusting their ER too given they have always been about 10 points off spot. GBP has been hammered by euro lately - this time last year we were holding 1.35ish peaking around 143ish in the summer. Its around 1.27 today Which means Canyon will be choosing a 1:1 ER.

Signs are though that it will bounce back post BrExit/EUphoria

Planet X looks good.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Rigga wrote:
    Sap, that explains everything. We use it at work. It's a disaster.

To be fair to SAP, it works really well - but only when implemented properly. Issues with it are down to shoddy implementation.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Just had the UPS delivery tracking code :)
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    mamba80 wrote:
    Just had the UPS delivery tracking code :)

Sweeeeeet!
    Get some photos up when you have it all set up.
    Hope you enjoy it!
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Have a mate with an order in for an Ultimate CF. He ordered it in Jan and is expecting delivery next week, or that was the date he was given by Canyon at any rate. We shall see, I imagine there might be an e-mail pop into his in-box soon with bad news.
  • mamba80
    Have a mate with an order in for an Ultimate CF. He ordered it in Jan and is expecting delivery next week, or that was the date he was given by Canyon at any rate. We shall see, I imagine there might be an e-mail pop into his in-box soon with bad news.

He should nt worry, the Aeroad arrived 2 days ago...... a full week earlier than promised.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Out of interest I asked Canyon UK yesterday how accurate they think the estimated shipping times currently on their site are:

'Very, very accurate now'
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • redvision
    Gweeds wrote:
    Out of interest I asked Canyon UK yesterday how accurate they think the estimated shipping times currently on their site are:

'Very, very accurate now'

I have just been speaking with Canyon and i was told my order for an Ultimate SLX 8.0 is now delayed, it was due last week, then last week they said this week and now they say march 20th at earliest. I ordered it at the start of November.
    They also said that the delivery estimates are accurate to within 4 weeks. So basically they are not accurate.

I am now contemplating whether to keep my order or buy the sworks i was contemplating.
    I am not in a rush for the bike, and i know how brilliant they are, but i am getting very very p***** off with the constant delays from Canyon.
    Was only a few weeks ago they brought my order forward and now it is pushed back beyond what was originally quoted.
    Not happy :evil:
  • gweeds
    Understandably not happy.

Clearly they seem to think a margin of error of +4 weeks is 'accurate'

I doubt many other people would
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • redvision
    Gweeds wrote:
    Understandably not happy.

Clearly they seem to think a margin of error of +4 weeks is 'accurate'

I doubt many other people would

I know. I stood up for them over the issues but starting to think enough is enough.

Like i say, i am not in a rush for the bike but rapidly losing confidence in their service.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    I have to say I was surprised to see you springing to their defence so often. If this had happened to me I would have run a mile from them. Their bikes are good, but they're nothing amazing, there are plenty of alternatives.

If this is how they treat you when you're making a big order, imagine what would happen if you have to order say a seat collar, or claim on a crack somewhere.

And it's not just due to the 'new computer system'. Tales of nightmares like these have been around for years.
  • redvision
    I have to say I was surprised to see you springing to their defence so often. If this had happened to me I would have run a mile from them. Their bikes are good, but they're nothing amazing, there are plenty of alternatives.

If this is how they treat you when you're making a big order, imagine what would happen if you have to order say a seat collar, or claim on a crack somewhere.

And it's not just due to the 'new computer system'. Tales of nightmares like these have been around for years.

Yeah i know. I guess my judgement was blinded by the prospect of the bike i had wanted for ages. Plus i had none of these issues with my first canyon (ultimate cf).

Now i just have to decide whether or not to keep the order or get something else.
    The only things preventing me from cancelling are the fact that i really wanted this bike and i am not in a rush really. I know it seems strange complaining about delays when you are not needing the bike by any specific date, but the constant changes in delivery estimates, the different stories you get from every canyon rep etc etc have eroded the confidence i had in them.
  • mamba80

You are spot on here and though i ve got my bike (or rather ny daughter has).... there are on going issues, with damage during delivery, that i ll give CanyonUK chance to put right BUT at mo they are are fcuking useless and i would never ever advise anyone to buy one.
  • penski
    penski Posts: 124
    I'm still waiting for my mtb (Spectral) ordered on the 17th of August 2015.

I don't think I can endure the pain of outlining my experience/delays anymore. The latest dispatch date is mid March.
  • bernithebiker
    Penski wrote:
    I'm still waiting for my mtb (Spectral) ordered on the 17th of August 2015.

I don't think I can endure the pain of outlining my experience/delays anymore. The latest dispatch date is mid March.

Holy crap! Mid August? You have the patience of a saint.

Can anyone beat mid August?!!
  • DanTe1977
    DanTe1977 Posts: 46
    Well I actually got an Aeroad last October. It was'nt without 2 cancelled bike orders, both monumentally F''kedup.
    Both the orders were for a size L, ended up ordering an XL and it's a tiny bit too big I think, but that's only 50% their fault, well maybe 75%.
    I've also ordered a couple of drinks bottles, a Garmin mount and one their bike shuttle hard cases.
    Every single order screwed up in some way. The only thing that wasn't a cock up was the bike shuttle BUT the UPS guy has just called to pick that up too.
    Turns out the box they sold me in the same order won't fit in the bike! I only noticed after seeing a new ad for the box.
    It's absolutely unbelievable how shockingly bad Canyon are. 100% cock up rate.
    I would seriously suggest anybody thinking about one of their bikes should very seriously consider their options.
    I'll never buy anything from them ever again.

There's so many more details I could add about the various c'ck ups but I'll have to let it all lie now.
    I would suggest those who do actually receive their bikes check every single bolt on it as on top of everything else my crank worked itself off on the second ride and also the bottom bracket was poorly fitted. Be warned its not only their systems that are shizzer
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Having a new system really should never be an excuse. If they really cared they would have someone scrutinising every order manually, really not hard to do. And if that meant calling each person that had ordered a bike to double check the precise content of the order, so be it - and a customer wouldn't mind taking that call if it meant an accurate order being delivered.

I like the Canyon's products and pricing but would never buy one until they up their customer service.
  • penski
    penski Posts: 124
    Having a new system really should never be an excuse. If they really cared they would have someone scrutinising every order manually, really not hard to do. And if that meant calling each person that had ordered a bike to double check the precise content of the order, so be it - and a customer wouldn't mind taking that call if it meant an accurate order being delivered.

I like the Canyon's products and pricing but would never buy one until they up their customer service.

In one of their apology emails, they stated that over 10 000 orders were impacted, so it would have taken a while even doing manually.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    I think they've been royally shafted by the supplier of their MRP or equivalent system. if there are 10k+ orders impacted, then I can see it being very painful.
  • bernithebiker
    We have some Canyon's booked for a tour in Majorca in April.

It seems the hire company have not actually been delivered them yet.....way beyond delivery date.

This should be interesting....
  • I bet their sponsored rider Bruce Berkeley didn't have to wait for his when he 'attempted' the annual mileage record. He lived up to Canyons exacting standards though by bailing after less than 2 months!
  • gweeds

It seems the hire company have not actually been delivered them yet.....way beyond delivery date.

Ouch. Can't be much fun when your business relies on these to arrive.....what a shambles.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Facebook sponsored ad

"Summer is on the way & we've got thousands of bikes in stock & ready to ship to you."

Ok.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • gweeds
    They really don't help themselves.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Long term we'll all look at this thread and all have a laugh. I was seriously considering getting an aeroad, but this does weigh heavily on my mind.
  • bernithebiker
    Gweeds wrote:

Ouch. Can't be much fun when your business relies on these to arrive.....what a shambles.

Absolutely.

I'm getting no joy at all from the hire company, so I've been running around like a blue arsed fly the last few days trying to get replacements elsewhere, and finally, last night succeeded, although it means using 2 shops.

So I now hate Canyon even more than before.....!
  • gweeds
    Nightmare. But at least you've got something sorted. Crap that you had to do it yourself though....