Did Canyon messed up real good in the UK too ?

Comments

• earth
    earth Posts: 934
    Canyon have good prices for bikes but the cost is customer services, they're simply appalling.

Why do you say that? personal experience or just repeating what you ve read on tinternet ? :roll: :lol:

my exp is completely opposite, fantastic customer service :)
    2 LBS's on the other hand... now they were both shocking and you pay way over the odds for it too :shock:

as for supply of some 2016 model bikes, is there a plentiful supply from other makers yet?
    if i wanted a Giant TCR adv 2016 model in an XS, i cant ever get one because the UK importer has decided not to bother :( so, i ve gone for a Canyon instead.

the criticism i have of Canyon is that they ve altered their pricing, so not only a long wait but we pay way more than our euro cousins.

It's too ironic isn't it? A Giant bike in size extra small :twisted:
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,566
    Had a reply from them as to why an in stock bike is out of stock

'Apologies for any confusion it is because our website is getting currently updated and some of the dates are wrong on our website as well as the fact that 'in stock' is the example template that automatically appears on the website whilst no dates are uploaded and present'

So there you go. Instead of the template saying something sensible they believe that to be a suitable solution. If you see 'In stock' it doesn't mean that at all.

Amazing.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,927
    Incompetent
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Haha that is really very poor.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    So, just to add to the confusion, I have received another order confirmation email from canyon (I did panic to start with, assuming they had put another order through for me, until I checked the order number was the same) and they have changed my delivery date & brought it forward! It is now Feb 15-18.

I'm not holding out much hope that this will prove to be accurate, but it is the first time I have ever had an order with Canyon brought forward. So could this mean they have gotten on top of the issues they are having after all??
  • I hope the Canyon bug isn't contagious....I ordered a pair of Small Pro Team shorts from Rapha's sale, which arrived on Thursday - Mediums.

Contacted Rapha that evening, nothing. Sent another email yesterday midday, still nothing. Pretty crap really...
  • gweeds
    I hope the Canyon bug isn't contagious....I ordered a pair of Small Pro Team shorts from Rapha's sale, which arrived on Thursday - Mediums.

Contacted Rapha that evening, nothing. Sent another email yesterday midday, still nothing. Pretty crap really...
    Call them - IME they're very fast to sort stuff
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I'm amazed anyone puts up with this crap.

Probably because they sell 1000's of units world wide and get a handful of complaints, i was on the phone to them today, got through after a min or 2, reassured that the end of jan delivery (ordered mid November) for Aeroad 6.0 is still on target.......
    So, my LBS is giving a 6 week wait on a TCR in a S, 2016 model, they could nt get through to Giant via tel to confirm :(

I hope for your sake it does arrive on time, but based on what I've seen I'd say it's 50/50 at best.

You were right!!!

Canyon put back order again and i ve now cancelled.

Good news is LBS are supplying a better bike, 2016 model, lighter, nicer colours, better wheels AND £480 less plus a super deal on another 520 ! but the best bit is its due in week 5 so next week :)
  • I'm still tempted to get a Canyon Ultimate CF SL frameset, even though they are saying July for delivery, but I'm not in any particular rush. But; should I order now and change my mind in the meantime is it easy to cancel?
  • I'm still tempted to get a Canyon Ultimate CF SL frameset, even though they are saying July for delivery, but I'm not in any particular rush. But; should I order now and change my mind in the meantime is it easy to cancel?

They will cancel via email. It took them 2 hours to cancel my order.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Have they sorted their sh#it out yet at Canyon?
  • Rigga wrote:
    Have they sorted their sh#it out yet at Canyon?

Not sure they will ever achieve that for the ever demanding British consumer.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • gweeds
    If you class demanding as 'even remotely accurate stock information, a vague idea of when delivery might actually occur, and replying to enquiries....'
  • redvision
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    If you do a bit of googling a well known German IT firm are claiming the glory of their IT systems screw up. Its pretty common for this particularly software to be implemented in a way that it nearly bankrupts their customers during implementation.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    If you class demanding as 'even remotely accurate stock information, a vague idea of when delivery might actually occur, and replying to enquiries....'

Quite!!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    diy wrote:
    If you do a bit of googling a well known German IT firm are claiming the glory of their IT systems screw up. Its pretty common for this particularly software to be implemented in a way that it nearly bankrupts their customers during implementation.

I didn't need to Google it... Overpriced, over-complex ERP/CRM horror-story? Has to be SAP.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    you'd have thought for a company with decent testing and other facilities that they could use such a junk bit of software. and how they allowed that to mismanage all their lead times, and service requests is a mystery. how the management team allowed that to happen is also beyond me.... I just hope they come through it ok as their product when delivered is very good.
  • philbar72 wrote:
    you'd have thought for a company with decent testing and other facilities that they could use such a junk bit of software. and how they allowed that to mismanage all their lead times, and service requests is a mystery. how the management team allowed that to happen is also beyond me.... I just hope they come through it ok as their product when delivered is very good.

Absolutely, and then to compound all those errors, the cherry on the top, is the unbelievably nonchalant handling of customers; brusque, no apologies, no gestures, nothing.
  • philbar72 wrote:

Hasn't there been problems with cracked frames? Read it on Twitter somewhere
  • redvision
    PTestTeam wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:

There was an issue a while back with the new seatpost but I have not seen anything about frame issues recently
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    so this is something that I think revolves around user error. you fall off your bike and ping a seatstay slightly.. then you warranty it?

you over torque your seatpost /frame. you warranty it...? the seatpost that flexed a lot was being sold to 95kg heffers and unsurprisingly was failing...

I think their product is pretty reliable, if you use it in the right context. I've heard horror stories about cervelo quality from people that sell the things. doesn't neccasarily make that the right thing to say.
  • redvision
    philbar72 wrote:
    so this is something that I think revolves around user error. you fall off your bike and ping a seatstay slightly.. then you warranty it?

you over torque your seatpost /frame. you warranty it...? the seatpost that flexed a lot was being sold to 95kg heffers and unsurprisingly was failing...

I think their product is pretty reliable, if you use it in the right context. I've heard horror stories about cervelo quality from people that sell the things. doesn't neccasarily make that the right thing to say.

Yes, I remember now. It was the new seatpost and they actually introduced a weight limit didn't they?

You will always hear horror stories about frames and this and that etc. Canyon have a reputation for fantastic bikes and build quality. Maybe not so much customer service at the moment, but I imagine they will overcome that and regain confidence in time.
  • philbar72 wrote:

Absolutely, and then to compound all those errors, the cherry on the top, is the unbelievably nonchalant handling of customers; brusque, no apologies, no gestures, nothing.

Apparently that's just UK customers having too high expectations of customer service........
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Hi Everyone,

We would like to make it clear that we understand everyone's frustrations. We want you all riding, not waiting!

If you have a particular concern then please DM me and I can look into it for you.

We do want to help so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Thanks

CanyonUK
  • redvision wrote:
    PTestTeam wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:

There was an issue a while back with the new seatpost but I have not seen anything about frame issues recently

That's the issue I heard about.
  • redvision
    PTestTeam wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    PTestTeam wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:

That's the issue I heard about.

Well that's sorted now afaik (unless you ignore the weight limit)
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    g00se wrote:
    diy wrote:

I didn't need to Google it... Overpriced, over-complex ERP/CRM horror-story? Has to be SAP.

Got it in one

http://news.sap.com/canyon-bicycles-innovation-wheels/
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • gweeds
    “And one thing’s for sure: What we do, we do really well.”

Riiiighhhht

"Shipping will be switched to SAP shortly before the go-live, and then the team will know whether the data migration was successful."

I think they know it wasn't.

"With the new software, we can bring customers even closer to the company,”

I beg to differ.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032

Canyon have now told me that my bike - Aeroad - will be coming early and i can have a set of Keo Max pedals.

We ll see, i dont really have any faith in them any more but you never know!!!

btw i found Romans apology pointless and insincere, a genuine gesture would be a 10% discount of the purchase price for these patient and loyal customers - i guess what we ll get is a £ increase as the pound falls against the euro lol!