Did Canyon messed up real good in the UK too ?

Devastazione2
Devastazione2 Posts: 98
edited August 2016 in Road general
Don't know if this has been covered before. Want a Nerve 29 ? That will put you back until mid may 2016. Ultimate cf sl or slx ? Estimated time late march for my size. Let alone those who have ordered the bike in september and had their early november delivery cancelled without further notice... Way to go Roman :mrgreen:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The worm that turned lol
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    My delivery estimate has been pushed back until March now.
    They have assured me it shouldn't be later - will wait & see.

When you order a canyon everyone knows the delivery dates are very very optimistic to say the least, & you should always expect delays.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    All bikes are pretty much the same, carbon mold, mix of shimano or SRAM blah blah. Just buy from Rose instead, different colour but that's just about it. ~At least your bike will arrive in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Or get a Dale from Pauls Cycles. Honest, with current sale prices, there's no real need to wait till Spring.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • geode
    geode Posts: 25
    Canyon have good prices for bikes but the cost is customer services, they're simply appalling.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You pays your money.......
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Canyon have good prices for bikes but the cost is customer services, they're simply appalling.

Why do you say that? personal experience or just repeating what you ve read on tinternet ? :roll: :lol:

my exp is completely opposite, fantastic customer service :)
    2 LBS's on the other hand... now they were both shocking and you pay way over the odds for it too :shock:

as for supply of some 2016 model bikes, is there a plentiful supply from other makers yet?
    if i wanted a Giant TCR adv 2016 model in an XS, i cant ever get one because the UK importer has decided not to bother :( so, i ve gone for a Canyon instead.

the criticism i have of Canyon is that they ve altered their pricing, so not only a long wait but we pay way more than our euro cousins.
  • geode
    geode Posts: 25
    Unfortunately I speak with experience. :(
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    First experience with Canyon - very positive. Ordered an Ultimate SLX in March and was delivered with 8 days.

Second experience with Canyon - woeful. Ordered an Inflite 9.0S as a winter bike on 20th Nov and was advised of shipping date between 30/11-5/12. Those dates came and went and first phone call on the 7th suggested it would ship around the 10th. Nothing happened but I did get an email saying shipping would occur between 14-18/12. On the 16th I received a mailer from Canyon saying that the model was now available from stock. I'm clearly now wondering, if that is the case, WTF mine is that I ordered a month or so earlier. Calls to Canyon UK on the 16th and then the 23rd December didn't shed any light, or quite why it was so hard to put an in-stock bike on a van. Tried calling again yesterday, spent 50 mins on hold and still no answer.

I'll call them again Monday and that will be the last call before I cancel the whole thing. That will be almost 6 weeks of failing to ship a bike that's been in stock for 3 of them......and makes me have zero confidence in any of the dates they list on their website now.

A shame, because they make some cracking bikes. And yes, it could be argued that weak CS is the price you pay for the prices you pay. But there's weak and then there's non-existant.....
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Tm1
    Tm1 Posts: 7
    Ordered a ultimate cf slx 8 beginning of october on the basis delivery was only goona be 2 weeks according to their website. Ive now had 4 delivery dates come and go latest one being christmas week haha. Waiting until tomorrow for online chat to come back on to see what the latest is. Its starting to get boring now.
  • I think the fact that one of the guys who was doing their technical support is aiming to ride over 300km per day for this year might go some way to understanding why they can't provide a decent service!
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I ordered my Ultimate CF SL frame-set on 02/10/14 and was quoted week 12 2015.Had I ordered a full bike they quoted week 49 2015...so about 6 weeks.
    So 6 weeks for a full bike...20 weeks for a frame-set!
    TBF to Canyon the frame-set did indeed arrive half way though week 12 2015 so they were bang on :mrgreen:
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Keep in mind that they've just started selling in the US so this was hardly unexpected.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • gweeds
    Indeed.

All of which would have been better managed by at least attempting honest delivery expectations.

US or not. I'm struggling to see why it's taking 6 weeks to put an in-stick bike on a van.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Grill
    Probably because 'in stock' likely means the components are all their but you're still stuck in a build queue. This would certainly account for the delivery times as parts would naturally go out of stock whilst in said queue.
  • Tm1
    Its the fact they give you another date though to keep you interested. If they told me drom day one it qas gonna be 10 weeks plus i wouldnt have ordered. I even told them if this went ok i was gonna order a speedmax tt bike when available.
  • Grill
    Good luck getting a Speedmax in under a few months...
  • redvision
    Well i imagine you did your research before ordering and the incredible value for money enticed you to place your order. During your research you should have noticed the estimated dates as being highly optimistic and rarely met by Canyon, there are literally hundreds of threads and complaints detailing this.

I placed my order and admittedly was gutted and p***ed off when the delivery date was pushed back and then pushed back again, but i was fully aware this was likely to happen.

When it does come it should be worth the wait.

Have to say though, the customer service has really declined since i ordered my first canyon a couple of years ago. Takes ages to get a reply these days :roll:
  • Tm1
    Yeah to be fair i did expect it to be delayed but just give one date not 4. However as you said I'll be waiting as they're fantasic value for money and people i know with them swear by them.
  • Grill
    I waited well over 2 years for my English. Wouldn't wait 5 months for something that wasn't custom.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    Don't know if this has been covered before. Want a Nerve 29 ? That will put you back until mid may 2016. Ultimate cf sl or slx ? Estimated time late march for my size. Let alone those who have ordered the bike in september and had their early november delivery cancelled without further notice... Way to go Roman :mrgreen:

I was near to ordering an Ultimate. Can you tell me what your experiences with Canyon have been, and in what country ? I'm guessing they weren't good.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Yeah to be fair i did expect it to be delayed but just give one date not 4. However as you said I'll be waiting as they're fantasic value for money and people i know with them swear by them.

As much as i like canyons, are they the value for money they used to be? priced in euros yes but in pounds?

a Giant tcr adv pro 1 has full carbon tubeless wheels, full ultegra, weighs in at 6.9kg for a M, all for an rrp of 2.6k and some dealers are giving 10 or 15% off in january.
    Canyons on the other hand, are £2760 inc delivery and come with some narrow mavics and in the case of the Aeroad very narrow quite heavy wheels.
    The Pro 0 full DA and even better wheels is almost the same price as the equivalent Canyon Ult SLX 9.0, same weight.

If they can get me a XS i ll be cancelling my Canyon order, imho they are now too expensive but as i said earlier, my exp of their customer has always been v good.
  • Why put yourselves through this?

Any forum has reams of stories of missed Canyon delivery dates.

They're good bikes and good VFM, but it's not like there's no alternatives out there, especially at this time of year.

If I'm spending big money on a bike, I want it now, not in 6 months time.
  • redvision
    Why put yourselves through this?

Any forum has reams of stories of missed Canyon delivery dates.

They're good bikes and good VFM, but it's not like there's no alternatives out there, especially at this time of year.

If I'm spending big money on a bike, I want it now, not in 6 months time.

Normally I would agree but I wouldn't be riding the new bike in the winter months, so I accepted the predicted delivery date.
    As it happens injury has struck & I won't be riding for a few months, so I am not in a rush.

Like I said before, everyone who places an order should not expect canyon to honour their original delivery estimates and should be prepared for a wait.
  • Yeah to be fair i did expect it to be delayed but just give one date not 4. However as you said I'll be waiting as they're fantasic value for money and people i know with them swear by them.

As much as i like canyons, are they the value for money they used to be? priced in euros yes but in pounds?

Depends when, as others have said. My Supersix Ultegra with FSA/Cannondale SI crankset was £1299. Nearest Canyon is currently £1849. Admittedly it has better wheels. But if I sold mine and got the same wheels mine would still be cheaper. Obviously, when mine was £1999 RRP it wasn't as good in terms of absolute value.
  • gweeds
    edited January 2016
    I've conceded defeat.

From an initial ship date of 30th Nov (remember I ordered an Ultimate last Feb and that arrived 8 days later) that then slipped into second week of December. Phone call indicated 14th Dec for shipping. Came and went. Email circular from Canyon telling me the bike was now available as a stock item, mine still nowhere to be seen.Further call said ship date of 21st Dec. Came and went again. Called 23rd December and Canyon UK emailed Canyon Germany promising a reply by 28th Dec. I'm still waiting for that reply.

Sat on hold for an hour last week and no answer at all. Canyon UK tweet this morning that chat is back online. It's not. Sat on hold for another 30 mins today and was cut-off with no answer.

Multiple tweets have had no response.

So I've just emailed them cancelling the order.

An absolute joke. Off to my LBS on Wednesday to get one from them. That day.
  • Is delivery just as long on their framesets too? As with most bikes everything can be bought anywhere apart fro the frame.
  • Is delivery just as long on their framesets too? As with most bikes everything can be bought anywhere apart fro the frame.

Depends. IF it's in stock for despatch they seem to go out ok. If it's got a build date, good luck with that. If you have a build date then it comes into stock, you'd think you'd go up the queue. Seemingly not.
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Even framesets can take a good while to be dispatched. I got an Ultimate CF SLX frameset a few years ago, ordered in November and received in March, though I don't recall being too annoyed by this so it probably wasn't far off their initial expected date. Great bike too.

More recently, at the beginning of October I ordered an Ultimate AL SLX frameset from the 'express' section which was the last M 2015 frame available & at a reduced price. I snapped it up, but then ran in to the same issues everyone else had with their 'factory move' that caused countless missed delivery dates. After chasing Canyon UK (who would promise to reply & then didn't) for several weeks in December they finally admitted in the week before Christmas that my order has now been 'manually cross checked' and it transpired that they'd already sold/misplaced/never had that frameset. The apology was followed by an offer to give me a whole 5% off a 2016 bike so long as it was for the same or higher value as what I'd ordered....Luckily Paul's Cycles were doing amazing deals on CAAD 10s and I've ended up with (arguably) a better frame for even less money.

My brother also had a bad experience with an Ultimate SL bike where the rear der. managed to sheer itself off whilst he was literally JRA within a week of having it. Not surprising once you research the number of issues people have had with their derailleurs, but Canyon didn't want to know. Thankfully he managed to claim back due to paying for it in the first place with a credit card.

That said, I'd order from them again given the right deal. You just need to be mindful that it will probably take longer than you probably think & hope you don't need ever need to rely upon their after-sales service.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I'm amazed anyone puts up with this crap.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut