Donald Trump

Comments

• masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613
    edited December 2022
    Pross said:

masjer said:

Trump's NFTs have bloody sold out!!! My god, there are some gullible mugs out there.
    https://bbc.co.uk/news/business-63995563

Phew! Glad I got in there early or my family would have been disappointed on Christmas morning
    For $99 it would've almost be worth it to see your family's faces when you give them their special pressie.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    masjer said:

Trump's NFTs have bloody sold out!!! My god, there are some gullible mugs out there.
    https://bbc.co.uk/news/business-63995563

There's a not entirely implausible theory that they are for money laundering purposes, not entirely unconnected with his hoarding of classified information.

Mind you, just about anything is plausible with such a venal, corrupt, batshit-crazy POS.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Maybe I'm as thick as a Trump, but they talk about them being cards and also NFTs. I thought an NFT was a purely digital thing, admittedly I really don't understand the point of them.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    But if you missed out on the sale, eBay to your rescue. Only $1000 for a downloadable image? I'm in.
  • veronese68
    orraloon said:

But if you missed out on the sale, eBay to your rescue. Only $1000 for a downloadable image? I'm in.

But, but, but... Where's the card then?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2022

Maybe I'm as thick as a Trump, but they talk about them being cards and also NFTs. I thought an NFT was a purely digital thing, admittedly I really don't understand the point of them.

i think they describe them as both because the target market is generally #thickaspigshit and so won't understand NFT but will understand baseball cards although yhats not what they are, but, hey, since when has Dotard been worried about a bit of artistic marketing?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • orraloon
    The Grifter's mob are hoovering as much dosh as poss, driven I guess by the rumbling of ongoing / upcoming legal problems multiple. Mayhap the House investigation drops him a 'nice' Chrissie pressie next week.

Oh btw, you want a card? I can sell you a printer...
  • veronese68
    Which is what I was thinking, so will the morons that bought them be disappointed not to get a card? In which case is it false marketing from the ex liar in chief? If they do get a card, it's not an NFT.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Which is what I was thinking, so will the morons that bought them be disappointed not to get a card? In which case is it false marketing from the ex liar in chief? If they do get a card, it's not an NFT.

TBF by his normal standards that’s just a little white lie. It’s not like it will result in insurrection and rival politicians being assaulted
  • orraloon
    Found this explanation of NFTs elsewhere, thought aye that's about right so sharing

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    This speech was prepared in conjunction with Liz Truss speech, speech, urm, , cheese, pork, erm, creator people associates.
  • MattFalle
    The only way it could have been better is if it would have turned into a massive pillow fight, only, in this instance, with breeze blocks hidden inside the pillows.

2,321 enter
    none leave
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,103
    edited December 2022
    😆
    Love the way he totally loses his thread.

Must have missed rehearsals.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Pross
    Ah that’s painful!
  • Which is what I was thinking, so will the morons that bought them be disappointed not to get a card? In which case is it false marketing from the ex liar in chief? If they do get a card, it's not an NFT.

All the images appear to be photoshopped copyrighted material used without licence. He is in deep doo doos now.
  • veronese68

All the images appear to be photoshopped copyrighted material used without licence. He is in deep doo doos now.
    You can't make it up, he's so dodgy. Derek Trotter if he'd started out as an American billionaire rather than a council flat in Peckham.
  • Pross

You can't make it up, he's so dodgy. Derek Trotter if he'd started out as an American billionaire rather than a council flat in Peckham.
    And had his personality removed
  • orraloon
    The bell tolls for the Orangee.

• Pross
    Be interesting to see what happens when / if he gets charged. Will it lead to another riot and will he help incite it?
  • MattFalle

links?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    MattFalle said:

links?
    Only source I found was the Daily Heil.
    Need more than that I'm afraid.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
  • MattFalle
    pblakeney said:

MattFalle said:

links?
    Only source I found was the Daily Heil.
    Need more than that I'm afraid.
    agree - heil isn't worthshit.
  • MattFalle
    @First.Aspect - you be legal trade mark dude: waddya say?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,703
    MattFalle said:

@First.Aspect - you be legal trade mark dude: waddya say?

Patents, so I've not got a clue.
  • MattFalle
    oh.

never mind. have a NFT for your troubles.

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,703
    Okay so I've got a bit of a clue. Copyright could protect something like the DC Superman artwork, or a still of John Wayne from a movie, in which case splashing the face of a twat onto it could infringe copyright. But those are entirely new artworks, it looks like. Copyright is fairly narrow, and new images created in the same style are unlikely to infringe anything.

Where's the trade mark? T for Twat is probably owned by the Trump corporation already.

Pity, the Netflix dramatisation of an IP infringement case would have been a winner.
  • Okay so I've got a bit of a clue. Copyright could protect something like the DC Superman artwork, or a still of John Wayne from a movie, in which case splashing the face of a censored onto it could infringe copyright. But those are entirely new artworks, it looks like. Copyright is fairly narrow, and new images created in the same style are unlikely to infringe anything.

Where's the trade mark? T for censored is probably owned by the Trump corporation already.

Pity, the Netflix dramatisation of an IP infringement case would have been a winner.

There's one where you can still see part of the shutterstock logo on it.