Donald Trump

Comments

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    FishFish wrote:
    Well - you did not give the names of the children - maybe they are on the link but people - or at least I don't read them. Maybe you do care.
    However you raise a moral issue. I assume that this family tried to get in to the US to improve their lives. Whilst I am not sensitive to the death of two children - that is just a fact - I accept that you have a better moral perspective. There is nothing that we can do about the children but we can for the parents.

Therefore if you raise a funding site for the families for the benefit of the parents then I will match to £1000 when you raise half of it. That is a promise made here in front of others. So go and do it - put my money where your mouth is.

I've not bothered about the fish link but I assume the title is self explanatory. My comment is that pelagic fish (these are species that transit oceans - such as tuna) end up dead in their destination - like fish out of water you could say. That resonates with the issue you raised.

QUICKSAND.jpg?1476931957
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    dotard has just said on twitter again that he is doing the shutdown over the wall.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    dotard has just said on twitter again that he is doing the shutdown over the wall.

The MFs of all people should know the necessity of a good wall. With no wall, once Trump has smashed things with a hammer, burned them with fire, where would he chuck them?
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:

The MFs of all people should know the necessity of a good wall. With no wall, once Trump has smashed things with a hammer, burned them with fire, where would he chuck them?

Canada.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    The idiot is tweeting that his immediate withdrawl is now a bit slower whilst they deal with the remaining pockets of ISIS resistance.

Thatll be Syria then .
  • Matthewfalle
    The idiot is tweeting that his immediate withdrawl is now a bit slower whilst they deal with the remaining pockets of ISIS resistance.

Thatll be Syria then .

and iraq
    and afghan
    and yemen

they ain't going anywhere. he's such a bell end.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    just been catching up on dotards verbal diarrhoea.

he really is a total bell end.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Vino'sGhost
    just been catching up on dotards verbal diarrhoea.

he really is a total bell end.

Total bell end. He’s the gift that keeps on giving.
  • ballysmate
    Despite the efforts of many on here, in 3 weeks time Trump will reach the half way point in his presidency. Must try harder guys, come on, you can do it.
  • Matthewfalle
    dotard is losing the plot utterly at the moment.

its well funny.

You have WALLS and you have WHEELS.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Despite the efforts of many on here, in 3 weeks time Trump will reach the half way point in his presidency. Must try harder guys, come on, you can do it.

Pretty sure that none of us here are on OSC, so really not sure what your point is..
  • ballysmate
    Imposter wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Pretty sure that none of us here are on OSC, so really not sure what your point is..

I'm sure you can work it out if you put your thinking cap on. Every confidence in you. :wink:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,225
    dotard is losing the plot utterly at the moment.

its well funny.

You have WALLS and you have WHEELS.
    45k replies to that tweet, pretty much all taking the p1ss. There's hope for the US yet...
  • Matthewfalle
    he's officially lost it now slagging off another General.

its still funny though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • briantrumpet
    he's officially lost it now slagging off another General.

its still funny though.
    It is quite funny, especially if you ignore potential consequences. He's just a deluded lie machine now, with twitchy thumbs and an out-of-control mouth.

But he doesn't seem to understand that making enemies of the military and its generals, the intelligence services, the media, allies, and just about everyone, isn't going to put him in an advantageous position.
  • robert88
    Ballysmate wrote:

I'd hardly call posting on a cycling forum 'effort' :lol:

In fact it's unlikely Trump visits this place more than once a week, if that.. Does he look like a cyclist?

Donald Trump Hates Bicycles - Newsy

No. Clearly not.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Worth a read... 2019 predictions..

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... es-in-2019
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:

good read that be - thank you.

be intriguing if we could pin it somewhere and see how much - if any - comes true.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Imposter wrote:

good read that be - thank you.

be intriguing if we could pin it somewhere and see how much - if any - comes true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 234b9da2e5

If the Republican senators up for re-election in 2020 decide that he has become a liability, that will end his free pass. If their constituents stay loyal, then he hangs on for longer.
  • Vino'sGhost
    i reckon hes in for another term. his popularity in some areas is as high as ever and it seems that its not despite what he does but actually because of what he does. Large parts of the US are hugely unsophisticated in their approach to life.
  • robert88
    i reckon hes in for another term. his popularity in some areas is as high as ever and it seems that its not despite what he does but actually because of what he does. Large parts of the US are hugely unsophisticated in their approach to life.

Yeah but those areas are becoming fewer in number. And large parts of the US have nobody living in them.
  • Matthewfalle
    Robert88 wrote:

Yeah but those areas are becoming fewer in number. And large parts of the US have nobody living in them.

also dotard's latest tactic of attacking the Generals, lying to the troops about pay rises, coast guard not getting paid, etc will not go down well.

traditional military recruiting (pilots, MI, etc, excepted) is working class - he is turning the working class against him and this is his base.

if he turns on vets and the VA then he is in really deep doo doo.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,108

He should up his Twitter game then, which was strong in the election and the first 8 months but is now descending into paranoid waffle.

Too much volume, not enough agenda changing zingers.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Imposter wrote:

Quote from that article
    [President Trump has made 7.546 false or misleading claims over 700 days]
    at the time of writing. quite a staggering number when you think about it.
  • Vino'sGhost

He should up his Twitter game then, which was strong in the election and the first 8 months but is now descending into paranoid waffle.

He could start locking up the witch hunters :) lock em up lock em up
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,108

He could start locking up the witch hunters :) lock em up lock em up

As opposed to pretty much anyone close to him during his campaign?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942

The full story is even more bizarre, should there be any more doubt about his mental illness situation

On Mattis
    “What’s he done for me?” Trump said.

On his own suitability to be a military leader
    “I think I would have been a good general, but who knows?” Trump said.

on oil prices
    “I called up certain people, and I said let that damn oil and gasoline — you let it flow, the oil,” he said.

On the Vatican!
    “Then we have to do something about the Vatican, because the Vatican has the biggest wall of them all.”

On the big house he lives in
    “I was here on Christmas evening. I was all by myself in the White House — it’s a big, big house — except for the guys on the lawn with machine guns,” he said.

On the economy
    He described the recent stock sell-off as a “glitch” and said markets would soar again on the strength of trade deals he plans this year.

On his popularity
    “They say I am the most popular president in the history of the Republican Party,” Trump said.

On how the Soviet Union became Russia
    “Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia, because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan,” Trump said.

On a government job in Europe
    He claimed that if he wanted to, he could have any government job in Europe and be popular there. He cast his unpopularity among European publics as a sign he is doing his job well.

On the Presidency in general
    “I have to tell you, it would be a lot easier if I didn’t do anything, if I just sat and enjoyed the presidency, like a lot of other people have done,” Trump said.

That must have been one hoot of a meeting, although Mike Pence did have one stunning cutting comment to make during the audience with Trump
    “I want to thank you for the strong stand you have taken on border security,” Pence told him.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • briantrumpet
    The only value in reporting what he says (or tweets) is in illustrating both his mental state & degradation, and his unswerving loyalty to Russia and his own faith in his abilities, despite all the while losing his marbles. If you try to parse his word salads for anything other meaning, your only response must be simply "WTF?"
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    On his popularity
    “They say I am the most popular president in the history of the Republican Party,” Trump said.

Are you sure this one is genuine - seems unlike Trump not to claim to be the most popular president of all parties; he implies that a Democrat has been even more popular......
    Faster than a tent.......