Donald Trump

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,099
    It appears that the straw that broke the camels back for Mattis could have been Trump ignoring his own advisors and changing policy on a whim to suit Erdogan;

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/world-new ... lout-syria
    President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw American troops from Syria was made hastily, without consulting his national security team or allies, and over strong objections from virtually everyone involved in the fight against the Islamic State, according to U.S. and Turkish officials.

Trump stunned his Cabinet, lawmakers and much of the world with the move by rejecting the advice of his top aides and agreeing to a withdrawal in a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last week, two officials briefed on the matter said.
    I find it quite extraordinary that the US has a system where a single person can make a decision like that.

supreme commander innit.
    Indeed - but whereas previous US 'supreme commanders' would have (I'm sure) tried to balance the views of the military experts at hand, Trump is utterly convinced of his supreme intellect and expertise on anything he puts his hand to, so feels he can ignore those 'so-called experts' like Mattis, who's had only forty years distinguished military experience at all levels, and 68 years of trying to be a decent human being. Trump's had no experience of either of those things in his 72 years. Yeah, so let's make him Supreme Commander.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    It appears that the straw that broke the camels back for Mattis could have been Trump ignoring his own advisors and changing policy on a whim to suit Erdogan;

President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw American troops from Syria was made hastily, without consulting his national security team or allies, and over strong objections from virtually everyone involved in the fight against the Islamic State, according to U.S. and Turkish officials.

Trump stunned his Cabinet, lawmakers and much of the world with the move by rejecting the advice of his top aides and agreeing to a withdrawal in a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last week, two officials briefed on the matter said.
    I find it quite extraordinary that the US has a system where a single person can make a decision like that.

supreme commander innit.
    Indeed - but whereas previous US 'supreme commanders' would have (I'm sure) tried to balance the views of the military experts at hand, Trump is utterly convinced of his supreme intellect and expertise on anything he puts his hand to, so feels he can ignore those 'so-called experts' like Mattis, who's had only forty years distinguished military experience at all levels, and 68 years of trying to be a decent human being. Trump's had no experience of either of those things in his 72 years. Yeah, so let's make him Supreme Commander.

doesn't matter - comes with the job.

part of the job description innit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • briantrumpet

supreme commander innit.

They might like to review the scope of the role, in light of experience...
  • Matthewfalle

supreme commander innit.

its the constitution, innit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I see Idiocracy is on Film4 on Christmas Day.

Them were the days when it was humourous to think in 500 years the US could elect a dumb illiterate president. Heck, only a decade after the films release and now we know what a dumb illiterate president is like.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    He’s very upset today with his acting AG over Cohen and also that his new acting chief of staff had called him names and no one told him before he appointed him :lol:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    He’s very upset today with his acting AG over Cohen and also that his new acting chief of staff had called him names and no one told him before he appointed him :lol:

Did someone say '...stupid woman'?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Matthewfalle

nowt on twitter our kid - do you have a secret line into the dotard orange khunt's dribblings?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon

nowt on twitter our kid - do you have a secret line into the dotard orange khunt's dribblings?
    Nah mate, don’t picture it but finished a ride and surfin us tv news channels while laying in a hot bath :lol:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/21/poli ... index.html

https://www.bustle.com/p/video-of-mick- ... s-15559054
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • briantrumpet

supreme commander innit.

Maybe they could change it a little, and call the change, I dunno, an 'Amendment'.
  • Matthewfalle

supreme commander innit.

Maybe they could change it a little, and call the change, I dunno, an 'Amendment'.

its the constitution. you can't go amending it willy nilly. its quite a big deal.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • briantrumpet

supreme commander innit.

its the constitution. you can't go amending it willy nilly. its quite a big deal.
    Yeah, I get that... but most systems of government rely rather a lot on incumbents following norms, as it's hard and tiresome to stipulate every corner of how the governing works. I remember being asked not to claim petty cash by one particular method from a government organisation, as the form needed four people to sign it, even if it was for 37p. But you can bet that those three counter-signatures were there because some dicks abused the system, and so the extra checks had to be brought in, one by one.

I suppose, though, that you could say that those dicks did the organisation some good, as they exposed the weakness in the controls - equally, Trump has shown the weakness in the constitution, if a madman can make unilateral decisions, ignoring all his expert advisers, that could affect world peace... that's kind of a big deal too. Let's put it in the "things to consider" column for the US.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    One shouldn't interfere in the government of another country, y'know. It's not cricket.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028

It's been amended 27 times already. One more wouldn't hurt...
  • bianchimoon
    Another one bites the dust at dotards Syria decision
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46661384
  • robert88
    Imposter wrote:

It's been amended 27 times already. One more wouldn't hurt...

28 is an unlucky number.
  • bianchimoon
    This report is quite interesting, looking at the Steele dossier and how Putin, trump and mannafort et al are/could be linked through Russian oil money and the amount of money trump would get ties into his company’s degt with deutsch bank
    https://medium.com/@gregolear/the-rosne ... e87778288f
  • Another one bites the dust at dotards Syria decision

Incredible how such a high profile person can move unseen through the Trump Presidency
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Matthewfalle
    Another one bites the dust at dotards Syria decision

Incredible how such a high profile person can move unseen through the Trump Presidency

probably because he isn't corrupt, racist, a serial sexual abuser, old, anti-semitic or a bell end.

being none of the above means that you're unlikely to be noticed by orange khunt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robert88
    Apparently the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers has taken over as defence secretary. Something or other Shanahan.

Mattis has been kicked out immediately by Individual #1.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Presumably someone finally explained to him that Mattis told him to get fucked.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Matthewfalle
    Robert88 wrote:
    Apparently the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers has taken over as defence secretary. Something or other Shanahan.

if he's taken over as head of defense, who has taken over as head of offense?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Robert88 wrote:

Should have gone for mourinho he’s very defence minded
  • bianchimoon
    cooldad wrote:
    Presumably someone finally explained to him that Mattis told him to get farked.
    Exactly...
    When Mr. Trump first announced that Mr. Mattis was leaving, effective Feb. 28, he praised the defense secretary on Twitter, saying he was retiring “with distinction.” One aide said that although Mr. Trump had already seen the resignation letter when he praised Mr. Mattis, the president did not understand just how forceful a rejection of his strategy Mr. Mattis had issued.
  • bianchimoon
    You can’t quit... you can’t quit, no one quits from trump... YOU’RE FIRED!
  • bianchimoon
    nEWSFLASH on faux news “trump is threatening to hold his breath until he gets his wall”
  • bianchimoon
    Trump has offered to send 2 cases of paper towels to help mop up after the bigly waters in Indonesia
  • Matthewfalle
    another court rules against orange child

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federa ... on-on-daca

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Trump has offered to send 2 cases of paper towels to help mop up after the bigly waters in Indonesia

the biggliest paper towels and the bigliest covfefe waters I understand.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    another court rules against orange child

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federa ... on-on-daca

That was a month or so ago.

But I'm sure there'll be another one soon.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools