Donald Trump

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Jeez, the president of the USA posted this.. WTF
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9427908608
    I don't think he's really realised that Presidenting is not just another reality TV programme.
    You're right there!, Markets tanking bigly, adults in the room resigning, Mueller time, and now the 'build the wall' has changed to 'build the steel slats' and the best that he can come up with is social security for farmers and embarrassing vids on twitter :lol:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,532
    edited December 2018
    FishFish wrote:
    He refers to serving his country. That is enough because people - even politicians, even us, work for our organisation and not for our boss.

He is 68 years old and a former military leader and Supreme Commander (now there is a job title) of Nato and his letter of resignation is about that - wanting the US to lead NATO ffs. North Korea, America and multiple African states are fond of putting ex military in political office which is disfunctional as they are not fit for it. His retirement date is end Feb anyway so it is not a phyrric victory on his part - he is not even walking out. He is just saying that he is taking normal retirement as any other old man.

Learning from history - the history that Kennedy Johnson and Nixon failed to grasp quickly enough the troops are being withdrawn from Asia - and now is the right time - the symbolic Christmas withdrawl now that the battles have been fought. ISIS still exists by way of an ideology but it is a terrorist problem and not a military issue. It is right to remove the troops and deal with the next problem as it arises. It is the right political decision to stop now rather than remain there forever. The middle east really is not Americas problem.

Today the economic growth of the USA will be announced - the statistics will be out and expect the promised growth that was promised by Trump to the people of the USA.

Putin will feel like his job is now done - Assad's nuts are in his hands and Syria is an annexe of Russia by proxy. The Middle East is pivotal in the balance of power and withdrawing from it, in any shape or form, does not maintain that balance. even if that balance is maintained by coercion.
    Putin may have orchestrated the election of Trump to the White House, or at least, had sufficient interference so that it swung that way.
    By doing so, a puppet, an idiot is in charge of not only the biggest economy in the world, but arguably, the most powerful and now, we are seeing the shift in power to the East.

Is it Chicken's coming home to roost? Is the West suffering from years of decadence now that personality is superseding politics? America is divided, Europe is floundering a little and Global power is shifting to the Chinese and the Russians.

This is just the beginning and every small foothold lost in pivotal regions is a further deterioration of Power in the West and further re-enforcement of that shift.

How you think it is a good thing FF, I have no idea.
    Is there a faint possibility that Trump withdrew from Syria because the FSB have a big fat file on the Dump replete with saucy pictures? It's not beyond the realms of reality. Or is it simply the fact that Dump is an idiot and by default will make all the wrong decisions? I suspect, the latter.

The Chinese are going to be the biggest and most powerful country very soon. The current European and North American quagmires are accelerating the change. The Chinese might be very innovative on the one hand but on the other, their procurement of natural resources is staggeringly destructive.
    Do we roll over and let it all happen? Do we succeed power because the alternative is war?

At every step, Trump is at the epicentre of a storm in a teacup and all the time, the bigger picture is being shaped by those leaders who are on the ball.

...but this is a good thing according to Captain Haddock the 2nd.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • If the steel slats have gaps between them to allow border agents to see through, isn't that a bit of an issue regarding them keeping people out?
  • The fish is become the trawler.
  • bianchimoon
    My brain doesn't have the capacity to do the mental gymnastics that can work out why someone who has that little interest in the details of politics, and also runs multiple fraudulent enterprises, would put themselves into the position where they become the president.
    two views. A) he really is as thick as fek, B) he's so narcissistic that he couldn't think beyond the prize and not the repercussions to his past criminal life
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • My brain doesn't have the capacity to do the mental gymnastics that can work out why someone who has that little interest in the details of politics, and also runs multiple fraudulent enterprises, would put themselves into the position where they become the president.
    two views. A) he really is as thick as fek, B) he's so narcissistic that he couldn't think beyond the prize and not the repercussions to his past criminal life

I assume that there are a lot of very wealthy people who get on with similar things, but don't invite the scrutiny by running for the most powerful elected office in the world.
  • bianchimoon
    Pinno wrote:

Is it Chicken's coming home to roost? Is the West suffering from years of decadence now that personality is superseding politics? America is divided, Europe is floundering a little and Global power is shifting to the Chinese and the Russians.

You're right It probably is the result of our arrogance :(
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Pinno wrote:
    Putin will feel like his job is now done - Assad's nuts are in his hands and Syria is an annexe of Russia by proxy. The Middle East is pivotal in the balance of power and withdrawing from it, in any shape or form, does not maintain that balance. even if that balance is maintained by coercion.
    Putin may have orchestrated the election of Trump to the White House, or at least, had sufficient interference so that it swung that way.
    By doing so, a puppet, an idiot is in charge of not only the biggest economy in the world, but arguably, the most powerful and now, we are seeing the shift in power to the East.

Is it Chicken's coming home to roost? Is the West is suffering after years of decadence now that personality is superseding politics? America is divided, Europe is floundering a little and Global power is shifting to the Chinese and the Russians.
    Pretty much it, but the Russians aren't that big a threat - they can, and do, manage to be a pretty big nuisance, but it is a decayed hulk of a nation with an economy a lot smaller than the UK's, despite more than double the population and a lot of oil.

I think that neither the Russians nor the Chinese would be that big a threat if the West wasn't in such a state. Which, of course, is why they're working hard (chapeau to F²) to get/keep us that way.
  • bianchimoon
    My brain doesn't have the capacity to do the mental gymnastics that can work out why someone who has that little interest in the details of politics, and also runs multiple fraudulent enterprises, would put themselves into the position where they become the president.

I assume that there are a lot of very wealthy people who get on with similar things, but don't invite the scrutiny by running for the most powerful elected office in the world.
    Definitely, gets to a point when you can't buy and bury the scandals anymore. The WoPo had an un named source close to Drumph saying there would be an intervention soon... I think Syria and Afghanistan withdrawals will be the straws the broke the dotards back.
  • pinno
    .. I think Syria and Afghanistan withdrawals will be the straws the broke the dotards back.

Ironic really.

Surely the point of critical mass has come and the Dump has to go?
    Preferably after Pence has gone too.
  • bianchimoon
    Pinno wrote:
    .. I think Syria and Afghanistan withdrawals will be the straws the broke the dotards back.

Ironic really.

Surely the point of critical mass has come and the Dump has to go?
    Preferably after Pence has gone too.

Definitely Pence is as dangerous as the Dump, did you see him at the meeting with Pelosi and Schumer the other day, he looked like he was catatonic.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,006
    I don't think he's really realised that Presidenting is not just another reality TV programme.
    You're right there!, Markets tanking bigly, adults in the room resigning, Mueller time, and now the 'build the wall' has changed to 'build the steel slats' and the best that he can come up with is social security for farmers and embarrassing vids on twitter :lol:

But look at the replies to the Tweet and you'll see a lot of people supporting him and saying he's doing a great job and they are probably from the most intelligent 10% of his support base that are actually capable of using Twitter. It's depressing, how bad do things need to get before the vast majority agree they are bad?
  • bompington
    Pross wrote:
    But look at the replies to the Tweet and you'll see a lot of people supporting him and saying he's doing a great job and they are probably from the most intelligent 10% of his support base that are actually capable of using Twitter. It's depressing, how bad do things need to get before the vast majority agree they are bad?
    This, still this.
    Despite everything, it's never really been about Trump: the really scary thing has always been the fact that so many Americans would vote for him.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,227
    Pross wrote:

There are strong parallels with cult psychology. https://psmag.com/news/a-sociologist-ex ... trumps-gop

That said, it's been a relief to see the vast majority of replies to Drumpf's tweets now being anti-Drumpf, unlike earlier in his 'Presidency'. I can only assume he never ever reads replies, given how thin his skin is, and how overwhelmingly critical most replies are.
  • Strong parallels with football team support as well. He's their team. How bad would it have to get for you to switch support to a different team? All tied in with a sense of identity.
  • bompington
    That said, it's been a relief to see the vast majority of replies to Drumpf's tweets now being anti-Drumpf, unlike earlier in his 'Presidency'. I can only assume he never ever reads replies, given how thin his skin is, and how overwhelmingly critical most replies are.
    So he's been getting some stick from his allies over (a) his failure to build the wall and (b) the withdrawal from Syria.

Ann Coulter (Trump supporter and someone who *I* would consider a right wing loon) joined in with a tweet or two: he unfollowed her in minutes.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Pinno wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

How you think it is a good thing FF, I have no idea.
    Is there a faint possibility that Trump withdrew from Syria because the FSB have a big fat file on the Dump replete with saucy pictures? It's not beyond the realms of reality. Or is it simply the fact that Dump is an idiot and by default will make all the wrong decisions? I suspect, the latter.

The Chinese are going to be the biggest and most powerful country very soon. The current European and North American quagmires are accelerating the change. The Chinese might be very innovative on the one hand but on the other, their procurement of natural resources is staggeringly destructive.
    Do we roll over and let it all happen? Do we succeed power because the alternative is war?

At every step, Trump is at the epicentre of a storm in a teacup and all the time, the bigger picture is being shaped by those leaders who are on the ball.

...but this is a good thing according to Captain Haddock the 2nd.

Well the idea of the West as a superpower is utter naievity. Assad went to Russia because, quite rightly, no other government would support his ethnic cleansing. The role of Turkey and Europe has been to support refugees and prevent this spreading - supported by the US in military intervention.

China will dominate the world economy and why not? Are you really suggesting we resist this - perhaps with a war? Britain ceased to be a super power after the fall of Singapore during WW2 and accept this and consequently do not bother to get involved in the fights to the extent that others do. It does not even overtly support Nato as do virtually all other member states.
    You think that China alone is responsible for destruction (do you mean over consumption) of resources? The West too and both India and China don't see why not - they have big populations and increasing middle class capacity to spend - and they do spend. Yes we are letting it happen. Economics - supply and demand will be the reconing and not your indignation. If you like the way it was then go back to the 19th Century.

And getting back to the central point - why should American troops be in Afghanistan - they paid Pakistan to deal with that, and in Syria where the last battle is over. The middle eastern idealogical differences still prevail but they are not now a military problem - and may so become one in the future so we can send British and French , German and Italian troops there to die if we want. We cannot order the American intervention - that is their choice.

Troops home for Christmas - that song has been sung throughout history - nice to see it happen.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • bianchimoon
    troops home for xmas, yeah right tell Vlad that :roll:
  • FishFish
    Strong parallels with football team support as well. He's their team. How bad would it have to get for you to switch support to a different team? All tied in with a sense of identity.

I think you are right but it might not be about all switching support. Just some.

The majority of the electorate wanted the wall and jobs - with all of the consequences that has brought in the international arena - all it takes is about three percent to support the opposite view and the outcome has to be replanned.

Similarly the UK is battling to suffer the implementation of a democratic decision on leaving the EU which may not now be representative of current thinking.

China has a non democratic government and it is no better than any of ours - but it is quieter - less noise and less argument. Same ineptitude. Witness the new bridge.

• FishFish

Vlad? Vlad Dracula - don't think he supported Christianity.

Are you also an oap?

• FishFish wrote:
    Strong parallels with football team support as well. He's their team. How bad would it have to get for you to switch support to a different team? All tied in with a sense of identity.

I think you are right but it might not be about all switching support. Just some.

The majority of the electorate wanted the wall and jobs - with all of the consequences that has brought in the international arena - all it takes is about three percent to support the opposite view and the outcome has to be replanned.

Similarly the UK is battling to suffer the implementation of a democratic decision on leaving the EU which may not now be representative of current thinking.

China has a non democratic government and it is no better than any of ours - but it is quieter - less noise and less argument. Same ineptitude. Witness the new bridge.
    And the concentration camps full of Muslims, but don't let that cloud our judgement..
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,775
    FishFish wrote:
    The majority of the electorate wanted the wall and jobs...
    Bzzt. Error. The majority of the electorate voted for Clinton.
  • bianchimoon
    FishFish wrote:

Vlad? Vlad Dracula - don't think he supported Christianity.

Are you also an oap?

you are so tiresome fishbot, your masters will have you back to the bottom of the trolling room for that comment
  • FishFish wrote:

I think someone must have hacked your login details for a couple of minutes there.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    FishFish wrote:

The minority of the electorate wanted the wall and jobs

looks like they are getting neither.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • briantrumpet
    Narcissism, money, and blackmail.
  • pinno
    FishFish wrote:
    Well the idea of the West as a superpower is utter naievity.

Collectively it is.(1)
    FishFish wrote:
    Assad went to Russia because, quite rightly, no other government would support his ethnic cleansing.

Which is why it has to be opposed. Yes, the the West has been impotent in this matter but it stll has to be condemned.
    FishFish wrote:
    The role of Turkey and Europe has been to support refugees and prevent this spreading - supported by the US in military intervention.

You are contrary.
    FishFish wrote:
    China will dominate the world economy and why not? Are you really suggesting we resist this - perhaps with a war?

I did suggest war was infeasible.
    FishFish wrote:
    Britain ceased to be a super power after the fall of Singapore during WW2 and accept this and consequently do not bother to get involved in the fights to the extent that others do. It does not even overtly support Nato as do virtually all other member states.

Refer to my answer (1) above.
    FishFish wrote:
    You think that China alone is responsible for destruction (do you mean over consumption) of resources? The West too and both India and China don't see why not - they have big populations and increasing middle class capacity to spend - and they do spend. Yes we are letting it happen.

Of course I don't but China does not respond to the electorate opposing poaching, reaping of resources, exploitation etc etc, whereas Western Governments do to a certain extent. There's no accountability for natural and human offences at home or abroad in China - it's a one party state.
    Where are the major conservation organisations based? (Greenpeace, IFAW, WWF, Amnesty International...). In the West, we have a modicum of accountability.
    FishFish wrote:
    Economics - supply and demand will be the reconing and not your indignation. If you like the way it was then go back to the 19th Century.

There's 2 nothing statements based on... nothing I have said.
    FishFish wrote:
    And getting back to the central point - why should American troops be in Afghanistan - they paid Pakistan to deal with that, and in Syria where the last battle is over. The middle eastern idealogical differences still prevail but they are not now a military problem - and may so become one in the future so we can send British and French , German and Italian troops there to die if we want. We cannot order the American intervention - that is their choice.

I have one word for the above - Mattis.
    FishFish wrote:
    Troops home for Christmas - that song has been sung throughout history - nice to see it happen.

They said that as propaganda in 1914 and 1915 and 1916 and... I guess propaganda is missed on you.
    A relic of the 1st WW... hang on:
    FishFish wrote:
    If you like the way it was then go back to the 19th Century.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Pinno - you're arguing with a troll there, just so you know.
  • briantrumpet
    Imposter wrote:
    Pinno - you're arguing with a troll there, just so you know.
    And not a good one, either.
  • Trump the Chump is so politically illiterate he won't say what he'll sign nor couldn't even tell GOP senators what he wanted them to achieve before midnight.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... index.html
    “He didn’t say because he didn’t know,”
    "He dug in," the source said. "But doesn’t have a plan, offered no numbers. I heard it did not go well."

At what point will they admit he's as dumb as a box of frogs.