Donald Trump

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,613
    It'll be interesting to see if Trump references Mike Flynn in Twitterrage this morning. He's off to a good start by conducting trade negotiations with Chine by Twitter...

But, if he gets on to Flynn, will Flynn be a strong man brought to his knees by a phony witch hunt, or a weak coffee boy whom he hardly knew...?
    Flynn wasn't willing to be brought to his knees by Trump with an uncertain promise of a pardon should he lie to or withhold from Mueller.

That's what will really rile Trump. Mueller has proved a better deal maker and sent a clear signal that he's willing to give a better offer than Trump to those who testify.

Trump is left supporting mobsters (by his own definition of pleading the Fifth) like Stone, which again strengthens Mueller's hand as his tweets could be seen as witness tampering.
    Indeed.

The tweeter is still on China, using standard English. It's not Trump, I'm certain.
  • briantrumpet
    Now calling Bush's funeral "not a funeral, this is a day of celebration for a great man". I'd have thought that might have been the Bush family's call...
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    the walking c*ckup that is the presidents 'cyber-security' advisor Rudolph Ghoul-iani has given the best laugh of the day, he mistyped a link in his tw@tter account and someone realising it, bought the domain and put up a page saying... Trump is a traitor :D:D
    http://g-20.in
    then had the nerve to blame Twitter
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • briantrumpet
    the walking c*ckup that is the presidents 'cyber-security' advisor Rudolph Ghoul-iani has given the best laugh of the day, he mistyped a link in his tw@tter account and someone realising it, bought the domain and put up a page saying... Trump is a traitor :D:D
    Well, actually, it was that he didn't leave a space after the full stop and the start of his next sentence, and Twitter automatically turned it into a hyperlink.
  • the walking c*ckup that is the presidents 'cyber-security' advisor Rudolph Ghoul-iani has given the best laugh of the day, he mistyped a link in his tw@tter account and someone realising it, bought the domain and put up a page saying... Trump is a traitor :D:D
    Well, actually, it was that he didn't leave a space after the full stop and the start of his next sentence, and Twitter automatically turned it into a hyperlink.
    To make matters worse he had also typed '.Either' in the same tweet and because it wasn't converted into a link took that as proof that Twitter had deliberately edited his tweet to create the first link.

What he'd failed to realise, what with all his cyber expertise, is that .Either wouldn't automatically convert into a link as there is no such domain extension but that .in did as it's the domain extension for India.
  • Now calling Bush's funeral "not a funeral, this is a day of celebration for a great man". I'd have thought that might have been the Bush family's call...
    To be fair, the eulogies from friends and family are celebrating his life with plenty of joy and humour.

Guess the one person looking a miserable turd? Trump. Probably because he's having to hear multiple times to his face what a US president should be and on that long tick list of requisite qualities the only box that Trump could tick is 'none of the above'.
  • bianchimoon
    Now calling Bush's funeral "not a funeral, this is a day of celebration for a great man". I'd have thought that might have been the Bush family's call...
    To be fair, the eulogies from friends and family are celebrating his life with plenty of joy and humour.

Guess the one person looking a miserable turd? Trump. Probably because he's having to hear multiple times to his face what a US president should be.
    There certainly seems a few barbed comments in the eulogies (or it's very easy to apply them to the Trump style of government)... I can almost imagine Trump with his lips pouting, arms folded whilst all these kind words are said, fuming thinking it should have been about ME!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Trump with his lips pouting, arms folded whilst all these kind words are said, fuming thinking it should have been about ME!
    Oh, how we wish...
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Posted for interest...five reasons why Mike Pence will resign first...

https://medium.com/@gregolear/five-reas ... NNhzk_TS_8
  • briantrumpet
    Imposter wrote:

Oh to be a fly on Mueller's wall. It's quite remarkable that nothing has leaked, given the number of people involved in the operation... if and when it does all come out, it's going to be fascinating to see how big the tangled web is...
  • Imposter wrote:

That was written a year ago. I wonder what the effect is of having Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House from January, and next in line of succession after the VP? If Trump and Pence both have to go, President Pelosi it is. Whatever the GOP needs to do to stop that, will surely happen.
  • bianchimoon
    Imposter wrote:

That was written a year ago. I wonder what the effect is of having Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House from January, and next in line of succession after the VP? If Trump and Pence both have to go, President Pelosi it is. Whatever the GOP needs to do to stop that, will surely happen.
    just about all senators have agreed and introduced a resolution holding MBS accountable for Khasoggi killing and Yemeni and Quatar crisis as well as other transgressions, first time GOP senators have hit back against Trump. It's been a slow burner but it's coming!
  • bianchimoon
    The subpoena's issued this week showing that Saudi lobbyists booked 500 rooms at Trumps Washington hotel and invited veterans for a FREE weekend in Washington just after the 2016 election, looks interesting. seems to be on the back of lobbyists trying to block the 9/11 lawsuits. Conflict of interests for Trump.
  • bianchimoon
    trump tweet storm this morning, somethings about to happen... Kelly about to resign, Mueller releasing new Mannafort and Cohen info this afternoon.stay tuned :D
  • briantrumpet
    trump tweet storm this morning, somethings about to happen... Kelly about to resign, Mueller releasing new Mannafort and Cohen info this afternoon.stay tuned :D
    Haha, yes, just looked at his feed. Gosh. Must keep reminding myself - this is the "President" of the USA. Quite surreal.
  • Don't forget that aside from the Manafort and Cohen sentencing memos and kelly set to resign, the Trump team yesterday mooted the idea of flying Maria Butina out of the country in a spy swap* to prevent her testifying any more, that it appears Andrew McCabe was fired because he was bringing an obstruction of justice case against the president and that the Trump team and Russian-funded NRA appear to have illegally conspired in campaign advertising.

Apologies for the long sentence but that's a lot of sh1t to hit the fan in 24 hours.

*Is that still a thing? It's a bit old school Cold War.
  • bianchimoon
    also he's nominating an ex Fox new anchor Heather Nauert to be the US's new- UN ambassador replacing Nicky Haley... WTF ..all the best people eh :roll:
  • bianchimoon
    Heather Nauert cited D-Day as the height of U.S.-German relations. Now she’s headed to the U.N.
    unbelievable..
    “When you talk about Germany, we have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany,” Heather Nauert, the State Department’s spokeswoman, said in June. She added: “Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion. We obviously have a very long history with the government of Germany, and we have a strong relationship with the government.”
    speechless...
  • imposter2.0

Still happening, though not usually headline news. It's how the Skripals arrived over here...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just started following dotard on twitter. there seems the be a deluge of verbal diarrhoea today.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:

Still happening, though not usually headline news. It's how the Skripals arrived over here...

happens every day - spies, "diplomats", "academics", etc etc.

well common.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Imposter wrote:

well common.
    More specifically I was referring to the notion of spy swaps of the Cold War i.e. Checkpoint Charlie or two planes on a distant airstrip.

We often hear of people being expelled and then others expelled in retaliation but actual spy swaps?

Anyway this is distracting fromt the key point regarding Maria Butina and that is the Trump team were considering flying her out of the country to prevent any further tesimony, which would have been yet another attempt at obstruction of justice.

A judge even dismissed her defense attorneys and appointed a state defender potentially because her defense attorneys may suggest she not testify in lieu of such an offer to escape the country.
  • briantrumpet
    just started following dotard on twitter. there seems the be a deluge of verbal diarrhoea today.
    It's rather delicious... there must be something big in the pipeline... he's losing his mind bigly today...
    " wrote:
    We will be doing a major Counter Report to the Mueller Report. This should never again be allowed to happen to a future President of the United States!
  • Matthewfalle
    Imposter wrote:

well common.
    More specifically I was referring to the notion of spy swaps of the Cold War i.e. Checkpoint Charlie or two planes on a distant airstrip.

We often hear of people being expelled and then others expelled in retaliation but actual spy swaps?

yes - they do still happen all the time. its a big world out there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • This is brilliant;

https://twitter.com/zunguzungu/status/1 ... 8433577984

Complete lunacy of a feeble mind wrapped up in a paragraph.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,105
    It's an incredulous missive:

Dt16tHQUUAApfvO.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • imposter2.0

Skripal was handed over by the Russians in exchange for Anna Chapman, among others..
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,211
    This is brilliant;

https://twitter.com/zunguzungu/status/1 ... 8433577984

Complete lunacy of a feeble mind wrapped up in a paragraph.
    :shock: Strange days indeed, most peculiar mama.
  • briantrumpet
    The sentencing application for Cohen this evening won't make for comfortable 'reading' for Trump. Tehe. Twitter is having a field day with Trump's latest blurtings about Comey. If the jig really isn't up for him now, there's no hope for the US.
  • briantrumpet
    Haha, I must admit I quite liked this, in a response to Drump's tweet claiming that the sentencing memo "Totally clears the President". At least we now have proof he is unable to read and comprehend.

Dt2YATqUUAAzbVM.jpg