Donald Trump

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Robert88 wrote:
    As an aside, Saudis Arabia didn't kill that journalist. The crown prince told me, so that's all ok then.

Suicide? Have they tried that one?

Chopped his own fingers off - and then chopped his own head off - despite having no fingers...
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Imposter wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    As an aside, Saudis Arabia didn't kill that journalist. The crown prince told me, so that's all ok then.

Suicide? Have they tried that one?

Chopped his own fingers off - and then chopped his own head off - despite having no fingers...

Not the other way round then?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/18/poli ... index.html
    another resignation in the pipeline, another 'moderate' going so soon after Haley means an even more looney admin
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/john-kelly-john-bolton-immigration/index.html
    another resignation in the pipeline, another 'moderate' going so soon after Haley means an even more looney admin

Was talk of them trying to get Kelly out a few weeks back.
  • bianchimoon
    The Trump admin allies lying machine is gathering pace on Khoshoggi, linking him to the muslim brotherhood, Al Queada all because he reported on them in years gone by. I guess they're trying to soften the impact when Dump does nothing in retaliation. Also Kushner urging Dump to stand by MBS saying he will ride out the current storm.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    He must be the only person in the world who thinks the Saudi version that the journalist died in a fight sounds credible. I doubt even the Saudis expected anyone to actually believe their version.
  • bianchimoon
    Saudis say Khashoggi died in a fist fight, trump says that’s credible.
    It’s weird when Erdogan is the worlds moral conscience.
  • bianchimoon
    Snap
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I have just gone and locked my 36" bolt croppers in a tool chest in case they get a mind of their own.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • imposter2.0

A 'fist fight' might perhaps end with someone getting a broken nose or similar.......this one seems to have ended with him being dismembered.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,989
    Imposter wrote:

A 'fist fight' might perhaps end with someone getting a broken nose or similar.......this one seems to have ended with him being dismembered.
    Precisely.
    That is some sharp finger nails right there... :roll:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,211
    "I'm told that in Arabic the words for "detain" and "interrogate" are almost indistinguishable from the words for "assassinate" and "dismember with a bone saw".

Quoted from elsewhere on t'internetz.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,609
    Pross wrote:
    He must be the only person in the world who thinks the Saudi version that the journalist died in a fight sounds credible. I doubt even the Saudis expected anyone to actually believe their version.
    I've no idea why anyone quotes Trump. Words have no fixed meaning to him: their only purposes are to deflect any blame, enrich himself, and to find out how much he can say without any consequences for him or the GOP.
  • bianchimoon
    Imposter wrote:

Difficult to have a “fist fight” after your fingers have been forcibly removed I’d have thought?
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:

Difficult to have a “fist fight” after your fingers have been forcibly removed I’d have thought?

Nah, he could still slap them...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Khashoggi vs 15 Saudi Hitmen and a bone saw; "fist fight" - probably not exactly much like the Thriller in Manilla in terms of balance. I'm sure I came up with more convincing explanations of misdemeanours when I was 7.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • dinyull
    I know he's an imbecile, I know he's President of the USA and I know it's all pretty mind blowing stuff.

But you honestly think he believe's what he's been told?

Of course he f*cking doesn't, he will just spin it any which way he likes to the media.

I can't believe it's almost been 2 years and people still take almost everything he says at face value.
  • Dinyull wrote:
    I know he's an imbecile, I know he's President of the USA and I know it's all pretty mind blowing stuff.

Of course he f*cking doesn't, he will just spin it any which way he likes to the media.

I can't believe it's almost been 2 years and people still take almost everything he says at face value.

It's difficult to know whether he believes it, in the way that doublethink allows you to believe something that you know to be false because you also believe the opposite.

I am willing to accept that he believes it, even though he also knows it is not the case. He will also believe the next explanation, and not believe that the explanation has changed.
  • imposter2.0
    Dinyull wrote:

Trump is notoriously gullible and has a reputation for holding the opinion of the most recent person he has spoken to on a particular topic. The fact that it also fits his narrative is a bonus. So yes, I think he does believe it. He's that stupid.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,989
    Imposter wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

Trump is notoriously gullible and has a reputation for holding the opinion of the most recent person he has spoken to on a particular topic. The fact that it also fits his narrative is a bonus. So yes, I think he does believe it. He's that stupid.
    That was covered unknowingly in the OP.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • dinyull
    He's as thick as treacle.

But he can play the media, his followers and the opposition like a flute.

His business is pedalling lies, it's what he does and he know's they're lies. Now granted, he'll come out with something where he just proves how f*cking stupid he is every (day) now and again (, but he knows the guy was murdered and is selling it how he wants it sold. Saudi Arabia have run with his idea too...
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    He wants to get the Saudis off the hook so as to continue his deals with them. He cares about nothing else.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Well our P{M has let Russia off the hook (I don't like that terminology for obvious reasons) and they murdered our citizens in our country - or something like that.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    FishFish wrote:
    Well our P{M has let Russia off the hook (I don't like that terminology for obvious reasons) and they murdered our citizens in our country - or something like that.

At least the Saudis keep their murdering to themselves and don't involve anyone else though they seem to do it as embarrassingly incompetently as the Russian ones.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bianchimoon
    The Lying President said last night at a rally he's putting a bill into congress next week for a 10% tax cut for middle income workers, the crowd cheered like crazy, congress is not sitting until after mid terms the fools get what they deserve.
    He also said there were riots in California against sanctuary cities... blatant lies. Some USAnians are so gullible never ceases to amaze.
  • Trump is embracing full on lying as an election strategy again. And full on racism obviously.
  • dinyull
    The Lying President said last night at a rally he's putting a bill into congress next week for a 10% tax cut for middle income workers, the crowd cheered like crazy, congress is not sitting until after mid terms the fools get what they deserve.
    He also said there were riots in California against sanctuary cities... blatant lies. Some USAnians are so gullible never ceases to amaze.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 93016.html
  • bianchimoon
    perhaps the most bizarre was pizzagate, also worryingly, the bomb at George Soros house in the US yesterday almost certainly the doing of the populists
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,609
    Trump is embracing full on lying as an election strategy again. And full on racism obviously.
    Whether or not he knows or cares he's lying is slightly beside the point: it's his daycare team and the GOP who are not only allowing it but encouraging it who are the most culpable (along with the media who know it's good business). They could stop it at a stroke, if they wanted to, but it's serving their warped agenda.
  • In the interests of balance what have other leaders done other than weak words?

what is it that Trump has not done?