Donald Trump

Comments

• Nowhere is perfect. There's problems in Denmark too.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,991
    Jeez! Are Americans so jingoistically stupid to actually believe that rubbish?
    Going by some "debates" I've had with a few 'Americans recently, yes. Massively jingoistic to the point where they don't care what the point is as long as they can shout USA, USA, USA...
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney
    "The president vowed to end the automatic right to citizenship for children born in the US to non-citizens.
    Currently, all children born in the US get citizenship under the constitution.
    "We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States," he said. "It's ridiculous. And it has to end.""

Blatant bulls!t. Gobbled up by his followers.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    PBlakeney wrote:
    "The president vowed to end the automatic right to citizenship for children born in the US to non-citizens.
    "We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States," he said. "It's ridiculous. And it has to end.""

I think that the nationality conferred by place of birth is unique to the USA now. Ireland abolished it a few years ago because they were getting tourists coming to have babies and thus the right to stay in Ireland themselves so no wonder the US wants to stop it.
    Zinab - the wife of Yayah Jammeh - former president of The Gambia travelled to the US to have her last child and sensibly the State Department (is that the 'Home Office'?) refused nationality on the grounds that the mother traveled on a diplomatic passport. What they meant was - we don't want that family in the US when he gets deposed.

The USA is becoming very partisan especially under the current administration. This country too. Allowing babies nationality is not going to be acceptable. Notably neither the Labour or Conservative parties advocate its return in the UK - maybe the scotch do. The US is right to go ahead and ban this.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • pblakeney
    FishFish wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

I think that the nationality conferred by place of birth is unique to the USA now. Ireland abolished it a few years ago because they were getting tourists coming to have babies and thus the right to stay in Ireland themselves so no wonder the US wants to stop it.
    Zinab - the wife of Yayah Jammeh - former president of The Gambia travelled to the US to have her last child and sensibly the State Department (is that the 'Home Office'?) refused nationality on the grounds that the mother traveled on a diplomatic passport. What they meant was - we don't want that family in the US when he gets deposed.

The USA is becoming very partisan especially under the current administration. This country too. Allowing babies nationality is not going to be acceptable. Notably neither the Labour or Conservative parties advocate its return in the UK - maybe the scotch do. The US is right to go ahead and ban this.

I refer you to the lie in bold above*, and the list of other countries in the link below.
    Then there is also the 14th amendment to deal with - The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1868, granted citizenship to all persons born or naturalized in the United States—including former slaves—and guaranteed all citizens “equal protection of the laws.”

https://www.quora.com/In-which-countrie ... ds-parents

*I could credit him with clever wordplay as he is correct that no other country offers citizenship of the United States, but I doubt it was intentional.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • FishFish
    My point is that allowing citizenship is not wanted in the USA - time for a change.

• pblakeney
    FishFish wrote:
    My point is that allowing citizenship is not wanted in the USA - time for a change.
    Not wanted by who? Are all naturalised citizens and their children to be kicked out?
    PS - If you can revoke the 14th amendment, you can revoke the 2nd.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • FishFish
    Well you are talking about your beliefs and I admire the passion with which you express them and their construct. There is no doubt that you believe and act on your view.

I suspect that like me most of the world does not give a toss for your view though. And actually we don't care beyond our house, bank account and next meal. I too lived in the middle east - in Kuwait - it is perfectly capable of looking after itself without our assistance. None of us REALLY care including the 'certain people' that you correctly dismiss.

• FishFish
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Not wanted by who? Are all naturalised citizens and their children to be kicked out?
    PS - If you can revoke the 14th amendment, you can revoke the 2nd.

Of course not but you don't have a world view. Going to have babies in the UK, Ireland, Europe so that THE ENTIRE FAMILY could get permanent residency was not wanted in and is now stopped. It is not wanted in USA by the people so get rid of it. You can do these things. Condaleeza did it with SALT to much angst from Canada and russia - and much amusement from me. The immigration issue is too big to ignore.

(I was only sorry that an intercontinental nuclear war did not ensue. FACT.)

• The Jacob Wohl thing is interesting...
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • FishFish
    No it isn't.

• The Jacob Wohl thing is interesting...
    It was great entertainment on Twitter yesterday.

Wohl, Jack Burkham and Jim Hoft, all right-wing nut jobs and conspiracy theorists, hoping to co-ordinate the release of damning, but wholly false, info on Robert Mueller ahead of the mid-terms but what they didn't know was that their conspiracy had already been uncovered.

By the time they started to tease their lies on Tuesday the Krassensteins had already forwarded the info they'd uncovered to the Mueller team who had in turn forwarded it to the FBI. Cue some furious backpedalling and Wohl disappearing.

That Wohl set up a fake intelligence company purporting to have uncovered this false info was stupid but wholly in character, it was forwarding messages from the fake company direct to his mum's voicemail that is just so precious and hilarious.

I supect his mum has now grounded him. He should get used to incarceration.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    The Jacob Wohl thing is interesting...

Wohl, Jack Burkham and Jim Hoft, all right-wing nut jobs and conspiracy theorists, hoping to co-ordinate the release of damning, but wholly false, info on Robert Mueller ahead of the mid-terms but what they didn't know was that their conspiracy had already been uncovered.

By the time they started to tease their lies on Tuesday the Krassensteins had already forwarded the info they'd uncovered to the Mueller team who had in turn forwarded it to the FBI. Cue some furious backpedalling and Wohl disappearing.

That Wohl set up a fake intelligence company purporting to have uncovered this false info was stupid but wholly in character, it was forwarding messages from the fake company direct to his mum's voicemail that is just so precious and hilarious.

the 20 year old financier and political commentator... and Grifter... and crooked deluded fool, I remember a story when he was 17 and set up an investment company with the help of his father ( a regular Fox News contributor), lots of court cases still ongoing for people trying to get their investments back... fools and money eh :roll:
    interesting thread about him here
    http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax. ... pital/180/
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    the fake intelligence co he set up show's the immaturity of the child Dump supporter
    https://crooksandliars.com/2018/10/what ... why-does-0
    using stock photo's of people and pretending they work for your company, on what planet could anyone over the age of 5 think this is plausible... ahh mid usanians.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    The Jacob Wohl thing is interesting...

What a pretty boy. He'd go down well in jail.
  • FishFish wrote:
    I think that the nationality conferred by place of birth is unique to the USA now.
    Nope, you think wrong as others have said.
    FishFish wrote:
    Nope, what they meant was that if you are on a diplomatic passport your child is not a citzen because that's the law whether you are the wife of a president or not.
  • FishFish
    I think you just repeated what I said.

Taffy.

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Who’s ‘taffy’..?
  • imposter2.0
    FishFish wrote:
    You may be missing the irony. Or a cerebrum.

I’m certainly missing a coherent answer from you, but I don’t know why that should surprise me...
  • FishFish
    No one answers direct questions on an internet forum except me and in doing so I am always more clever than my co-respondant.

I did a paper on coherence - stimulated emission of light in the coronosphere. Laser like action - explains why the solar atmosphere is much hotter than the surface of the sun. You might not understand it but - to quote my learned friend - '...why should that surprise me...'

Taffy

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You should use a spellcheck if you want to pretend to be clever.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • robert88
    Imposter wrote:
    Who’s ‘taffy’..?

..a Welshman. He stole a leg of beef. Allegedly.
  • imposter2.0
    FishFish wrote:
    No one answers direct questions on an internet forum except me and in doing so I am always more clever than my co-respondant.

I did a paper on coherence - stimulated emission of light in the coronosphere. Laser like action - explains why the solar atmosphere is much hotter than the surface of the sun. You might not understand it but - to quote my learned friend - '...why should that surprise me...'

Taffy

Poor trolling. 1/10 for creativity. 0/10 for persisting with Yandex translate.
  • FishFish wrote:

Taffy
    coronosphere… what a twerp...
    stick it in your sig with the pick elf quote.
    And no, I don't believe you have written a paper on "coherence - stimulated emission of light in the coronosphere"
  • imposter2.0
    To be fair, he probably is right that we wouldn’t understand it. What with it being in Russian ‘n all...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,211
    and add Fort Bill in there as well. Fort Bill? Aye, right.

PS don't F with a pick elf.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,124
    FishFish wrote:

Taffy
    coronosphere… what a twerp...
    And no, I don't believe you have written a paper on "coherence - stimulated emission of light in the coronosphere"

I think that's why he's such a miserable so-and-so: he wanted to be an astrophysicist but has ended up stuck in auditing.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • FishFish
    Well I have no regrets. Auditing is episodic - it lasts no more than two weeks. It pays well, is at the top of the company, interacting with the brightest people in the organisation and independent of management. I've been to 80 countries. Now in Haifa and will do my work in two days and have a day in the Arab quarter.

I'm fully conversant with its reputation but by and large within the MNC that is well in the past. Actually you probably need a decent science subject to do it if you are mining ERP systems and doing the big data stuff properly. Even though the concept and practice is meaningless!

But I don't criticise what you do - now do I?

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,124
    FishFish wrote:
    Well I have no regrets. Auditing is episodic - it lasts no more than two weeks. It pays well, is at the top of the company, interacting with the brightest people in the organisation and independent of management. I've been to 80 countries. Now in Haifa and will do my work in two days and have a day in the Arab quarter.

I'm fully conversant with its reputation but by and large within the MNC that is well in the past. Actually you probably need a decent science subject to do it if you are mining ERP systems and doing the big data stuff properly. Even though the concept and practice is meaningless!

But I don't criticise what you do - now do I?

I just noticed that you seem to enjoy the subject of astrophysics, whereas you seem to enjoy the rewards of auditing an MNC, rather than the work itself. Glad to hear I was mistaken. No-one wants to be stuck in a job they don't like.

As for my job: feel free; there's plenty to criticise.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    FishFish wrote:
    .. I don't criticise what you do - now do I?

For obvious reasons.