Donald Trump

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,703
    As a comment was made on another thread, can I just say that if a country knows that someone is definitely a crook, boasts about assaulting women and is probably a racist, then elects them anyway, the whole system is totally screwed, and it's not all one man's fault.

The fact that since then it's shown that he broke election laws, his campaign was full of crooks and a report is out showing that he is definitely a tax fraud, he lies all the time, and he still has an even chance of being reelected makes it even more clear.
    Completely agree with that. I must confess I find the way that BoJo seems to be modelling himself on him and a lot of people seem to like it somewhat troubling.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,989
    Veronese68 wrote:
    As a comment was made on another thread, can I just say that if a country knows that someone is definitely a crook, boasts about assaulting women and is probably a racist, then elects them anyway, the whole system is totally screwed, and it's not all one man's fault.

The fact that since then it's shown that he broke election laws, his campaign was full of crooks and a report is out showing that he is definitely a tax fraud, he lies all the time, and he still has an even chance of being reelected makes it even more clear.
    Completely agree with that. I must confess I find the way that BoJo seems to be modelling himself on him and a lot of people seem to like it somewhat troubling.
    Imagine a future Britain where the electorate have to choose between Corbyn and BoJo. :shock:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Apparently BoJo doesn't even have enough support among the tory MPs to get the needed 48 letters. For once the tories get something right. At least BoJo's extra maritals have supposedly been consensual plus those he's been attracted to are not underage and not related. So he's not completely modelling himself on his hero.
  • Might be BoJo and Mcdonnell I fear. A worse choice. At least Farage will never stand a chance.
  • veronese68
    At least Farage will never stand a chance.
    They said that about Trump :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,684
    Veronese68 wrote:
    and Corbyn...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Trump had money backing him. Corbyn had unions backing him. Who of significance has backed Farage? Aaron Banks? Unlikely happens. IMHO Farage is beyond unlikely. Fancy a punt on it Stevo? You took an outsider to leading the opposition. Fancy trying that with Farage?
  • veronese68
    IMHO Farage is beyond unlikely.
    Thankfully I agree, my point being that there have been some stranger things going on in the world of late.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Thankfully I agree, my point being that there have been some stranger things going on in the world of late.
    That might change if Stevo starts supporting him. :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Veronese68 wrote:

It's one benefit of the Party system in the UK. Farage would have to become leader or the Tories or Labour to become PM.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    speculation that Nikki Haley is resigning, WH meeting shortly, although I guess she could be about to out Trump as a sex pest?
    Trump says big announcement at 3.30
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • It's in US newspaper websites. Plus a few old stories resurfacing about a watchdog investigating her for private plane use. Usual story of being funded by a big businessman, reaping the personal rewards of office and drain the damp. Reality is she's resigned so is a traitor to trump and his supporters so she's part of the Washington corruption as a means to prevent any criticisms of trump that she might have from hitting very hard. Of you're against him you're corrupt (more like not their kind of corrupt and incompetent).

How many people does trump have to lose before he loses too?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Yep, resigned. Hardly a surprise as she always seemed too competent to be in the Trump administration.
  • bianchimoon
    Pross wrote:
    Yep, resigned. Hardly a surprise as she always seemed too competent to be in the Trump administration.
    one of the most moderate people in his admin, i remember there was speculation that Ivanka trump might get that job if she ever resigned
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,684
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Time for a new thread? I'm sure Cake Stoppers will take it in good humour as they always do... :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Time for a new thread? I'm sure Cake Stoppers will take it in good humour as they always do... :lol:
    OK Stevo, a question for you.

Farage or Corbyn?
  • bianchimoon
    c'mon lads it's a Trump thread!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

this.

save that other stuff for elsewhere.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • c'mon lads it's a Trump thread!
    OK, sorry for digression.

Anything new about the ambassador and whether it was trump ditching her or she really did resign off her own bat?
  • bianchimoon
    OK, sorry for digression.

Anything new about the ambassador and whether it was trump ditching her or she really did resign off her own bat?
    no worries :wink:

seems amicable on the face of it, but as you mentioned above, the private plane and the anonymous op ed in the WoPo are being speculated on as reasons in the MSM
  • Matthewfalle
    doesn't matter a single jot - Jared will get the post and he is (I quote verbatim) a "hidden genius that nobody understands".

So all will be well there then.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Nah too much of a hidden genius to be wasted in the UN as an ambassador, don't forget Trump hates the UN, he might give to Ivanka though
  • Matthewfalle
    double safe hands then.

hand bag drawing doer and international political genius.

winner winner chicken dinner.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    is she draining a swamp of her own making?
  • Matthewfalle
    is she draining a swamp of her own making?

or bailing before the mid terms - ie taking an educated punt on the esult?

or are we reading too much into it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Nah Dump said "more democrats are saying they're voting Republican in the mid terms because mothers and fathers are worried their sons will be called rapists if they don't" or words to that effect.. sad
  • Matthewfalle
    dotard now wants to outlaw protesting.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Interesting article on Haley here for anyone interested
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... reputation
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,989
    Happy to take all the credit when the markets are going well, blames others when it crashes. Yup! Sounds about right.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.