Pinno wrote:
    What's this?! The BR panto?

amongst 20,000 other panto pages..
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    conway-twitty-i-wonder-what-shell-think-about-me-leaving1.jpg

Oh - are you leaving - that is not a shame.

• rjsterry wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Well I still cant see the Twitter Rage - but checked on the top items on the BBC - now that is:

1. How Comedy duo's TV break turned sour.
    2. Is Idlib set to end the Syrian war?
    3. I quit teaching to become an acrobat.
    4. 'I've had enough 0- it's making me angry' - about a weather forecaster - sorry presenter.
    5. First 'dementia friendly' rail line - could be of use to some of the forum members.

Where is the Trump issue! Thank God we are discussing it here - and praying that he wins the mid terms.

By contrast in my household:

1. Yes he took his sports kit.
    2. No I'm not travelling next week
    3. Well that means we are both NOT BOTHERING to go to work today.
    4. I'd like one of those pies from Aldi - no the chicken one.
    5. Current algebra is a substitute for Hamiltonian formulations - not an extension.

How does Trump win an election in which he's not standing?

he's from a parallel universe, like in "the man in the high castle"
  • Oh dear he shouldn't be mocked for this, but last nights attempts to say Anonymous were weird, especially given his latest tweet saying
    The Woodward book is a scam. I don’t talk the way I am quoted. If I did I would not have been elected President. These quotes were made up. The author uses every trick in the book to demean and belittle. I wish the people could see the real facts - and our country is doing GREAT!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYWN-hvHX4
    and he thinks it's a 'she' that spilt the beans, perhaps two syllables are enough for a man of his bigly intellect?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • He claimed that the "fake news" criticised the Gettysburg address in 1863, then went on to praise it later. "I have a feeling that's going to happen with us."
  • Oh dear he shouldn't be mocked for this, but last nights attempts to say Anonymous were weird, especially given his latest tweet saying
    The Woodward book is a scam. I don’t talk the way I am quoted. If I did I would not have been elected President. These quotes were made up. The author uses every trick in the book to demean and belittle. I wish the people could see the real facts - and our country is doing GREAT!
    and he thinks it's a 'she' that spilt the beans, perhaps two syllables are enough for a man of his bigly intellect?

I think he got the pronunciation correct. an-"ominous" report.
  • He claimed that the "fake news" criticised the Gettysburg address in 1863, then went on to praise it later. "I have a feeling that's going to happen with us."
    I don't mind if he compares himself to lincoln, Is he going to the theatre soon?

I think he got the pronunciation correct. an-"ominous" report.
    it reminded me of something, it was the fish in 'finding nemo' trying to say Amnemonemomne :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ1KDf3O-qU
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
    I don't mind if he compares himself to lincoln, Is he going to the theatre soon?

Based on what we can tell about his cultural tastes, I think that's unlikely.

Based on what we can tell about his cultural tastes, I think that's unlikely.
    Pageant's normally take place at theatres, he's bound to roll up at one soon...
  • PhilipPirrip
    PhilipPirrip Posts: 616
    edited September 2018
    How's this for weird (I know, everything's weird with Trump), Swapping out the crowd at his rally for false smiles;

https://twitter.com/RanttMedia/status/1 ... 2917818370

And further down that thread adverts for paid actors to attend.
  • How's this for wierd (I know, everything's wierd with Trump), Swapping out the crowd at his rally for false smiles;

haha, the guy in the checked shirt behind saying screwing his face up and saying "what' when Trump speaks :D
  • How's this for wierd (I know, everything's wierd with Trump), Swapping out the crowd at his rally for false smiles;

haha, the guy in the checked shirt behind saying screwing his face up and saying "what' when Trump speaks :D

this that guy deserves a beer and a packet of pork scratchings.

#funnyfunnyfunny
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,986
    How's this for weird (I know, everything's weird with Trump), Swapping out the crowd at his rally for false smiles;

I particularly liked that the comments shone a beam on this nugget -

trumpery
    ˈtrʌmp(ə)ri/Submit
    archaic
    noun
    attractive articles of little value or use.
    "None of your woollen drapery, nor linen drapery, nor any of your frippery or trumpery. I hate ostentation"
    synonyms: trinkets, baubles, cheap finery, knick-knacks, ornaments, bibelots, gewgaws, gimcracks
    "tables piled with all sorts of trumpery"
    adjective
    adjective: trumpery
    showy but worthless.
    "trumpery jewellery"
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • FishFish
    This thread and most of its contributors exhibit Trumpery except that they do not need 'attractive' or 'showy' in the interests of precision.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,102
    FishFish wrote:
    This thread and most of its contributors exhibit Trumpery except that they do not need 'attractive' or 'showy' in the interests of precision.

I bet you are the life and soul of a party.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

this

#rightbundleoflaughs

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    Pinno wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

I'm not. Partly because I've never been to one and partly because I take life seriously and dislike public displays of enjoyment and actively campaign against happiness.

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    FishFish wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

I'm not. Partly because I've never been to one and partly because I take life seriously and dislike public displays of enjoyment and actively campaign against happiness.

Fishbot has been outed as Jacob Rees Mong.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • do do do dooooo another one bites the dust

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ced-russia

#aretheyallthisstupid?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    FishFish wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

I see what you did there.
  • Pinno wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

to go to a party, you have to be invited... just saying :wink:
  • FishFish
    [quote="bianchimoon"

to go to a party, you have to be invited... just saying :wink:[/quote]

You have obviously never been a student. I think we knew that. :wink:

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    FishFish wrote:
    [quote="bianchimoon"

to go to a party, you have to be invited... just saying :wink:/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Say's the er, quote fail jeeneus.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pinno
    ]

Anyway, what's new in the White nut house today?
    It's better then a Docu drama, only, I hope we don't get a second series. It would really spoil the original.
  • pblakeney
    FishFish wrote:
    [quote="bianchimoon"

You have obviously never been a student. I think we knew that. :wink:[/quote]
    There is problem with that argument. Yes, students attend all sorts of parties.
    That's the parties that you never went to so you are commenting from hearsay.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    [quote="bianchimoon"

There is problem with that argument. Yes, students attend all sorts of parties.
    That's the parties that you never went to so you are commenting from hearsay.[/quote]
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Pinno wrote:
    ]

Anyway, what's new in the White nut house today?
    It's better then a Docu drama, only, I hope we don't get a second series. It would really spoil the original.

OK, I'll take this one:

Former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort is reportedly in talks for a plea deal
    The talks may not result in a deal with special counsel Robert Mueller, according to The Washington Post, which cited two people with knowledge of the discussions.

Maybe Mueller has reached the point where he has run out of unknown unknowns and Manafort knows nothing Mueller doesn't know. Unless Manafort can show there are some unkown unknowns (without Mueller letting him know what exactly what is known and unknown). And that doesn't allow for the effect on Manafort's former associate in crime.

1660.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=c60afa97af15ea59cc3cc567979f1067
  • Dotard has just predicted that the hurricane will be "tremendously wet".

#meteorological genius

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Dotard has just predicted that the hurricane will be "tremendously wet".

#meteorological genius

And windy?

Maybe he gets his weather reports from someone like Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam - keep it simple to avoid confusing him.