Donald Trump

Comments

• there will have to be a big Dem push to protect Mueller. Anyone Trump puts in place of Rosenstein will not be able to stand by and let Mueller do his job, Trump's learned his lesson with Sessions. It also leads to the question what will sessions do, he know's he's out after the mid-terms?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Staying in job, meeting Trump on Thurs apparently
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Certain people at the NYT seem to have a hotline to misleading 'leaks' coming from the White House. It was their report of Rosenstein's alleged (but vehemently denied) musing on using the 25th Amendment to get rid of Trump that set the stage for today's diversions. The alarms rang for me when the first report talked about "The extreme suggestions show Mr. Rosenstein’s state of mind in the disorienting days that followed Mr. Comey’s dismissal. Sitting in on Mr. Trump’s interviews with prospective F.B.I. directors and facing attacks for his own role in Mr. Comey’s firing, Mr. Rosenstein had an up-close view of the tumult. Mr. Rosenstein appeared conflicted, regretful and emotional, according to people who spoke with him at the time." That reads like a direct quote from a WH propagandist, trying to rile Trump enough to get him to fire Rosenstein. And NYT just reported it as fact, and even used a headline contradicted by the reporting underneath. And they are doing it all for clicks.

Today's episode might not have had the NYT as the first vector for the WH's kidnapping of the news today (diverting attention away from Kavanaugh), but they've got a lot of questions to answer.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Speaking at the UN, Trump said, "We look forward to working with Iván Duque Márquez's new administration to eradicate cocoa production in his country"

That country being Columbia.

He's either confused, again, or about to ban chocolate.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    cooldad wrote:
    Speaking at the UN, Trump said, "We look forward to working with Iván Duque Márquez's new administration to eradicate cocoa production in his country"

That country being Columbia.

He's either confused, again, or about to ban chocolate.

Perhaps he has woken up to the obesity crises in the US.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Or maybe he's just an orange prat (with malformed sexual organs).
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Staying in job, meeting Trump on Thurs apparently

Lordy, I hope there are tapes!
  • Staying in job, meeting Trump on Thurs apparently
    So Monday's move was a dead cat thrown in to distract from the multiple Kavanaugh stories and Thursday's meeting will be another dead cat to distract from Dr Ford's testimony.

Their playbook to hold the narrative is looking tired and transparent.
  • robert88
    Yes, back to North Korea soon.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,102
    Robert88 wrote:

I'm sure they could find a despot in Africa somewhere who's 'the greatest threat to world peace'.
    Hang on, India have Nuclear arms... I'm phoning the White House. Sh1t, I might get a highly paid job (for 3 weeks once the press discover my CV was slightly exaggerated).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cooldad
    You don't need a CV, just agree with everything he says and give him the odd ass lick.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    cooldad wrote:
    You don't need a CV, just agree with everything he says and give him the odd ass lick.

Just hang around one of his golf clubs wearing a Trump tie and whatever his favourite brand of far eastern sweatshop made designer suit is and gold accessories, bump into him and tell him he is the greatest president and golfer ever and you should be in there. Try to avoid looking too healthy and probably too tall.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cooldad
    "Russia's state TV is defending Trump with gusto, down to the size of his unmentionables. The Kremlin's top propagandist, Dmitry Kiselyov, claims Trump is being "bullied" and Stormy's expectations are unreasonably high, in light of her occupation."

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 3962856448
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Trump about President Rouhani: "I am sure he is an absolutely lovely man!"
  • he's said 3 sentences and the crowd laughed at him in the UN (note at him)
    he's busy telling them how well he's done :roll:
  • did I just hear him say "i travelled to meet Jim Kong Huun", instead of Kim Jong Hun
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    where's the youtube clips of these blunders ... ? I need a laugh today.
  • All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • The world just laughed out loud at Donald Trump. On Tuesday, during the president's address to the United Nations General Assembly, the audience laughed when Trump boasted that "my administration has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country."
    As soon as the words left Trump's mouth, a ripple of laughter traveled through the crowd and grew as Trump reacted to the guffaws.
    Taken aback, he said, with the smallest of grins, "It's so true... I didn't expect that reaction but it's okay."
    https://mashable.com/video/donald-trump ... OhX9FcMiqs
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyF8v5eSVWI Look at the German delegation at 23:05.

It's alarming how he seems to run out of batteries as he goes beyond 20 minutes or so of talking.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Actually he has done quite well. When Obama came in he was preemptively awarded a Nobel prize and actually achieved little to be proud of. Trump has allowed millions more Americans to earn and be proud.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,119
    FishFish wrote:
    Actually he has done quite well. When Obama came in he was preemptively awarded a Nobel prize and actually achieved little to be proud of. Trump has allowed millions more Americans to earn and be proud.

The unemployment graph looks like a pretty steady downward trend all the way back to 2012, so what effect has Trump (or Obama for that matter) had?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

I'm sure they could find a despot in Africa somewhere who's 'the greatest threat to world peace'.

Silly me - it's back to Iran :roll:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,986
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

Silly me - it's back to Iran :roll:
    Whatever the tos and fros, any action, if any, will centre on oil production.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    Given Trump's antipathy to China, I was interested to read that China has four times the number of artificial intelligence experts that the USA has.

Not too surprising given the relative population sizes, however. How lucky the USA is to have a stable genius in charge.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... ar-future/

Trump has had a crack at China for medalling in US Midterm elections. Trump doesn't just make this stuff up on a whim.
  • pinno
    FocusZing wrote:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/26/un-general-assembly-2018-trump-meet-kim-jong-un-near-future/

Trump has had a crack at China for medalling in US Midterm elections. Trump doesn't just make this stuff up on a whim.

Of course, Trump, even if they proved that the Russians interfered with the US elections, could say that he didn't know a thing about it and he would probably be telling the truth.
  • FocusZing wrote:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/26/un-general-assembly-2018-trump-meet-kim-jong-un-near-future/

of course he says that - he's about to go down for the Russia stuff, this way when the Dems gain big in the mid terms he and the Deplorables can all say it was the Chinese and deflect everything.

essentially he has now muddied the waters for evermore.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,986
    The amount of carp that he is spouting now is simply nonsense.
    Anyone believing this nonsense should call a psychiatrist.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    The amount of carp that he is spouting now is simply nonsense.
    Anyone believing this nonsense should call a psychiatrist.

but people will believe it

and that's the problem.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.