Donald Trump

Comments

• Even Sarah Sanders didn't try to conflate Trump's lie of needing ID to buy groceries with needing ID when driving.

She did try to justify his lie by conflating buying groceries with buying alcohol but that clearly wasn't what he said. He was playing to his base so was deliberately making an absurd false claim to play to their prejudices, no more no less.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,774
    Even Sarah Sanders didn't try to conflate Trump's lie of needing ID to buy groceries with needing ID when driving.

She did try to justify his lie by conflating buying groceries with buying alcohol but that clearly wasn't what he said. He was playing to his base so was deliberately making an absurd false claim to play to their prejudices, no more no less.

He doesn't drink anything other than diet coke. He really ought to.

Requiring ID to vote was trialled in some places here in the last elections, and meant that people couldn't vote, even though they were eligible. Who'd have thought?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    And not requiring id made no difference to the people who did not vote. ID makes a positive difference in reducing fraudulent voting.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • kingstongraham
    [url][/url]
    FishFish wrote:
    And not requiring id made no difference to the people who did not vote. ID makes a positive difference in reducing fraudulent voting.

Evidence please. I thought that fraudulent voting was mostly a problem with postal ballots.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    What forms Of ID are accepted? Ok, people may not have passports or driving licences but people must have something halfway acceptable.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,113
    edited August 2018
    FishFish wrote:
    Notwithstanding that fraudulent voting is an almost non-existent problem in this country. It's difficult to reduce the incidence of voter fraud below the tiny number of incidents.

Figures from 2017 via the Electoral Commission

Outcomes of allegations
    No further action 207
    Locally resolved 82
    Under investigation 44
    Prosecution advice awaited 7
    Court proceeding initiated 2
    Acquitted 1
    Caution 8
    Conviction 1
    Other 13

1 conviction and 8 cautions. Compare that to the around 4000 voters turned away for lack of ID in May 2018.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:
    If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID.

???
    That is true in the U.S.A. Photo I.D. is a legal requirement.
    Not sure of the point, or context. Land of the free? :lol:

That's not true is it?
    Does a bit of digging..... Well, whadyaknow? Learn something new...
    Real world though, you need one if you are driving, and most drive everywhere, ergo....

Not if you are a passenger. Some of their cars have more than 1 seat I notice.

Anyway, it seems DOnald is getting ever so ratty and can have very few toys left in his pram.
    "Over 66 percent of total driving trips and nearly 62 percent of total miles driven are done by drivers without a passenger in the vehicle. "
    https://newsroom.aaa.com/2016/09/americ ... ving-year/

So at least third of grocery shoppers could be denied their purchases thanks to to Trump.
  • kingstongraham
    The heir to the departed Scott Pruitt is emerging:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/ ... ana-719358
  • kingstongraham
    When the Queen was standing around waiting for him to arrive, it was because he was 15 minutes early.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    When the Queen was standing around waiting for him to arrive, it was because he was 15 minutes early.
    that fake queen been spreading fake news again? :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    yesterdays White House press conference was cringier than usual Sarah Huckabee on top form, would not say "the press is NOT the enemy of the people, takes a leaf out of her boss's book it's all about me me me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBIPlWm87cQ
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • robert88
    She has an amazing face. Like a severe weather warning.
  • bianchimoon
    Robert88 wrote:
    She has an amazing face. Like a severe weather warning.
    deffo one for the inexplicable crushes thread :D
  • She looks like she performs oral liposuction on trump's stomach after eating too many maccy D's.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    yesterdays White House press conference was cringier than usual Sarah Huckabee on top form, would not say "the press is NOT the enemy of the people, takes a leaf out of her boss's book it's all about me me me

Technically, as the 'president's official spokesperson' she can only publicly mirror the views of the president himself - so it doesn't really surprise me that she hasn't confirmed that, because Trump hasn't (and probably never will) either. Whether she agrees/disagrees privately or not, is another matter...
  • bianchimoon
    Imposter wrote:

Technically, as the 'president's official spokesperson' she can only publicly mirror the views of the president himself - so it doesn't really surprise me that she hasn't confirmed that, because Trump hasn't (and probably never will) either. Whether she agrees/disagrees privately or not, is another matter...
    Agree, technically speaks for the president, but as the clip shows she has the same opinion
  • bianchimoon
    She looks like she performs oral liposuction on trump's stomach after eating too many maccy D's.
    I think you’re come up with perfect description chapeau sir :D
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,113
    Imposter wrote:

Agree, technically speaks for the president, but as the clip shows she has the same opinion
    And then have a quick scroll through the comments and despair.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    Never mind Sanders, howzabout North Korea???? UN report issued yesterday:
    [It] has not stopped its nuclear and missile programs and continued to defy Security Council resolutions through a massive increase in illicit ship-to-ship transfers of petroleum products, as well as through transfers of coal at sea during 2018 [it] is cooperating militarily with Syria and has been trying to sell weapons to Yemen’s Houthis.

Pyongyang also violated a textile ban by exporting more than $100 million in goods between October 2017 and March 2018 to China, Ghana, India, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkey and Uruguay,

The tw@t on Twitter the day before:
    Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    Thank you to Chairman Kim Jong Un for keeping your word & starting the process of sending home the remains of our great and beloved missing fallen! I am not at all surprised that you took this kind action. Also, thank you for your nice letter - l look forward to seeing you soon!

6:47 AM - Aug 2, 2018

So there it is, all Kim needs to do is keep sending back the bodies and he can do as he pleases.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's assuming he's not just sending over the contents of a local cemetery.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Matthewfalle
    mad Kim pulls one over Dotard? NEVER!

Who'd a thunk it, eh .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Looks like don snr has finally outed don jnr as a perjurer with his latest tweet... tick tick tick tick...
  • If he can throw his own son under the bus....
  • bianchimoon
    California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Must also tree clear to stop fire spreading!@realdonaldtrump

If you don't have a f-kin clue what's going on, make something up, seems to work on sizeable proportion of USAnians.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Trumps latest bid to prove Climate change by accelerating its affects as much as possible: https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ee-numbers

Note - the pesticides he is keen to de restrict are woeful in performance; they cost the ignorant farmer a lot of money compared to conventional pesticides which are actually less damaging and need excessive re-application due to their inneffectiveness. They only got approved because lab research indicated that they didn't increase bee mortality but what that research didn't show, and which later became apparent, is that in the real world the neonics cause bees to become disorientated and lost - they don't return to the hive and therefore die causing substantial losses to the number of hives. The only people Trump is helping are his mates in the pesticide industry who I am sure are paying him handsomely. He really is a horrendous, horrible person; there is no other logical conclusion.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bianchimoon
    Rolf F wrote:
    He really is a horrendous, horrible person; there is no other logical conclusion.
    plus corrupt, narcissistic and without doubt the world's greatest ever grifter.
  • robert88
    If he can throw his own son under the bus....

Will he make jail visits? Or will they share a cell?
  • Matthewfalle
    Robert88 wrote:

Will he make jail visits? Or will they share a cell?

depends if the jail is near a golf course MF supposes .....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham

"A good guy. But he was only briefly my son."

(Josh Marshall @joshtpm)
  • bianchimoon
    The Iran sanctions have officially been cast. These are the most biting sanctions ever imposed, and in November they ratchet up to yet another level. Anyone doing business with Iran will NOT be doing business with the United States. I am asking for WORLD PEACE, nothing less!
    I see the EU (including Britain) has told it's companies to keep doing 'legal' business with Iran
    European firms have been instructed that they should not comply with demands from the White House for them to drop all business with Iran. Those who decide to pull out because of US sanctions will need to be granted authorisation from the European commission, without which they face the risk of being sued by EU member states.
    A mechanism has also been opened to allow EU businesses affected by the sanctions to sue the US administration in the national courts of member states.
    Go EU! :wink: