Donald Trump

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,774
    Trump wrote:
    If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID.

???
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Trump wrote:
    If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID.

???
    he forgot to add, but if you want a gun no questions asked...
    But seriously he's trying to stop as many democrat voters getting a chance to vote as possible...fakepresident
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    Giuliani wrote:
    My client didn't do it, and even if he did it, it's not a crime.

Actual quote.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Giuliani wrote:

Actual quote.

Trump himself tweeted recently that collusion isn't a crime.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,702
    mfin wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/31/painting-trump-team-crossing-swamp-touches-off-social-media-frenzy.html

In the painting they missed out 4 of his chins, 250 bottles of diet coke he'd need for the trip, and an iPhone 3 (can't be any of the modern ones as they're too big for tiny hands to use). Oh, and the boat would be a ghastly bright gold galleon with TRUMP written down the side, built by immigrants and irony.
    I like the fact that they are rowing in different directions. One is using the oar as a paddle and pulling it through the water, Melania has the oar in a rowlock and is pulling on it so the oar will be moving in the opposite direction and the guy at the front appears to be trying to row sideways.
  • kingstongraham
    Dinyull wrote:
    Giuliani wrote:

Actual quote.

Am reading Thinking Fast and Slow at the moment, and he is definitely following one of the strategies in chapter 5 of that book. Repetition and familiarity makes a message more acceptable, even if it makes no sense.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Dinyull wrote:
    Giuliani wrote:

Actual quote.

He's correct, it isn't. You'll never meet anyone who says "my mate got done for collusion".

It's semantics though if he gets charged along the rough lines of working with a foreign power to influence and affect the outcome of a domestic democratic election (and a dozen or more other things related to it). The word collusion is not really important, it's Trump who's been using the word, not the body that's investigating.

"No collusion" is just a spin phrase, one they are tuning to what they want it to imply as they go along, it's just to keep the non-thinking republicans on side.
  • mfin
    edited August 2018
    Don't miss this, it's great that people put in all the effort to make these kind of videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMhbNZiSSA

:D:D:D

vid2_copy.jpg?1509392563
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,113
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/31/painting-trump-team-crossing-swamp-touches-off-social-media-frenzy.html

In the painting they missed out 4 of his chins, 250 bottles of diet coke he'd need for the trip, and an iPhone 3 (can't be any of the modern ones as they're too big for tiny hands to use). Oh, and the boat would be a ghastly bright gold galleon with TRUMP written down the side, built by immigrants and irony.
    I like the fact that they are rowing in different directions. One is using the oar as a paddle and pulling it through the water, Melania has the oar in a rowlock and is pulling on it so the oar will be moving in the opposite direction and the guy at the front appears to be trying to row sideways.

Politics aside, this would scrape a pass at A-level Art.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kingstongraham
    mfin wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:
    Giuliani wrote:

Actual quote.

He's correct, it isn't. You'll never meet anyone who says "my mate got done for collusion".

It's semantics though if he gets charged along the rough lines of working with a foreign power to influence and affect the outcome of a domestic democratic election (and a dozen or more other things related to it). The word collusion is not really important, it's Trump who's been using the word, not the body that's investigating.

"No collusion" is just a spin phrase, one they are tuning to what they want it to imply as they go along, it's just to keep the non-thinking republicans on side.

If you are involved in colluding in a "conspiracy to defraud the United States, then I think that's probably a crime.

It's like if you are accused of colluding with others to rob a bank, the word collusion might not appear on the charge, but it's likely illegal all the same.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    Trump wrote:

???
    That is true in the U.S.A. Photo I.D. is a legal requirement.
    Not sure of the point, or context. Land of the free? :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mfin
    mfin wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:
    Giuliani wrote:

Actual quote.

If you are involved in colluding in a "conspiracy to defraud the United States, then I think that's probably a crime.

It's like if you are accused of colluding with others to rob a bank, the word collusion might not appear on the charge, but it's likely illegal all the same.

Exactly.
  • pblakeney
    Collusion is not a crime.
    Conspiracy to... however, is. Semantics to appear innocent to the foolish.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kingstongraham
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:

???

That's not true is it?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

I like the way Ivanka is scratching her head as if to say "WTaF am I doing here with this bunch of twats? Oh well, lie back and think of the inheritance".
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    mfin wrote:
    Don't miss this, it's great that people put in all the effort to make these kind of videos:

vid2_copy.jpg?1509392563

Any idea which organisation the guys in front and behind Dotard work for?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    mfin wrote:

vid2_copy.jpg?1509392563

IVF i think, or IBS?.. dunno thats a tricky one
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • kingstongraham
    mfin wrote:

vid2_copy.jpg?1509392563

It's the FB
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Fake Broadcast Investigators?
  • bianchimoon
    It is stunning to me how many ppl in this #TRUMPTAMPA crowd have QAnon signs or t-shirts. That is not a healthy sign for GOP or for America.
    I was watching some of the un broadcast footage from CNN showing the frenzy these and ordinary Trump supporters were being whipped up to against the 'fake' media at last nights Trump Miami Rally, it will not belong before one of these lunatics takes direct action against a member of the media :(
    For clarity un broadcast in CNN news reports on the Trump rally but shared with other MSM
  • bianchimoon
    The left hand side of the IQ bell curve do seem to be over represented at Trump rallies
  • Matthewfalle
    QAnon. Fukking lunar-tics, see. The lot of them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 2cdff14184

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham
    QAnon - I'd never heard of it before there were loads of people wearing the tshirts at the rally. How is that even vaguely close to the mainstream?

Haha - posted at the same time. I agree with this MF.
  • bianchimoon
    QAnon - I'd never heard of it before there were loads of people wearing the tshirts at the rally. How is that even vaguely close to the mainstream?

Haha - posted at the same time. I agree with this MF.
    I agree with the other MF
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:

???

That's not true is it?
    Does a bit of digging..... Well, whadyaknow? Learn something new...
    Real world though, you need one if you are driving, and most drive everywhere, ergo....
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:

???

That's not true is it?
    Real world though, you need one if you are driving, and most drive everywhere, ergo....

Not if you are a passenger. Some of their cars have more than 1 seat I notice.

Anyway, it seems DOnald is getting ever so ratty and can have very few toys left in his pram.
  • pblakeney
    Robert88 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:

???

That's not true is it?

Anyway, it seems DOnald is getting ever so ratty and can have very few toys left in his pram.
    "Over 66 percent of total driving trips and nearly 62 percent of total miles driven are done by drivers without a passenger in the vehicle. "
    https://newsroom.aaa.com/2016/09/americ ... ving-year/
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:

???

That's not true is it?

"Over 66 percent of total driving trips and nearly 62 percent of total miles driven are done by drivers without a passenger in the vehicle. "

Are we arguing about if you need photo id to buy groceries in the USA?
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:

???

That's not true is it?

If you drive to the shops, as most do, then yes you do.
    I thought we were clarifying rather than arguing.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Trump wrote:

???

That's not true is it?

If you drive to the shops, as most do, then yes you do.
    I thought we were clarifying rather than arguing.

Surely that is needing it for driving?

If this used to be a law we would be able to work out when Trump last did the groceries