Donald Trump

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    FishFish wrote:
    ...Arsenal, Glasgow Rangers and Moscow Dynamo recruit from the pool of talented football players, - so great comment but if you are exhausted moaning about Donald Trump then find another thread to bore people with.

No idea how this relates to my earlier post, but there we are. You gotta stop using Yandex...
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,774
    You know how CNN does Trump's work for him by being distracted by the ridiculous stuff he spouts? That's you, that is.
  • imposter2.0
    You know how CNN does Trump's work for him by being distracted by the ridiculous stuff he spouts? That's you, that is.

Leaving aside whether CNN actually does that, it's not a distraction though. You mind your business and I'll mind mine.. ;)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,113
    It's a public forum. If you don't want to get called out on posting nonsense...
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • imposter2.0
    rjsterry wrote:

...then it's best not to post nonsense....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Meanwhile back to Trump...
    Great meeting on Trade today with @JunckerEU and representatives of the European Union. We have come to a very strong understanding and are all believers in no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies. Work on documents has already started and the process is moving...Obviously the European Union, as represented by @JunckerEU and the United States, as represented by yours truly, love each other! @realdonaltrump
    Trump being played by Junckers I reckon, who could see what a desperate mess Trump was in with the US farmers, wonder what Trumps boss will have to say about this.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Great meeting on Trade today with @JunckerEU and representatives of the European Union. We have come to a very strong understanding and are all believers in no tariffs, no barriers and no subsidies. Work on documents has already started and the process is moving...Obviously the European Union, as represented by @JunckerEU and the United States, as represented by yours truly, love each other! @realdonaltrump
    Trump being played by Junckers I reckon, who could see what a desperate mess Trump was in with the US farmers, wonder what Trumps boss will have to say about this.

He keeps saying subsidies when he must have been told that area is an unsolvable minefield.
  • kingstongraham
    Imposter wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

But what if your aim is to get called out on posting nonsense?
  • kingstongraham

He keeps saying subsidies when he must have been told that area is an unsolvable minefield.

He's safe on that, if disingenuous. Neither side is a believer in no subsidies.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,660
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now claiming he wants to remove all tariffs, barriers and subsidies if the EU does. Sure, Donald, sure.

https://www.agweb.com/article/president ... insurance/
    This was discussed a couple of pages back - seems people don't even think the EU should even try.

I don't. It's a waste of time. Trump has no intention of negotiating in good faith on this. If he believed it, he wouldn't have torpedoed the several years worth of effort the USA and the EU had already put into trying to get a deal.

He has no intention of removing subsidies. He tweeted this today, at the same time he is putting together an executive order for more farm subsidies to help with some of the pain his great tariffs are causing.
    Looks like the EU are trying:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44961560

The joint statement reads like the preface to a trade deal:
    "A joint statement said the two leaders agreed to "work together toward zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers, and zero subsidies on non-auto industrial goods."
    http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STATEMENT-18-4687_en.htm
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

But what if your aim is to get called out on posting nonsense?

Well, I think only Fishbot can answer that one...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    And today, from an utterly bizarre source:

THEY ARE INVISIBLE. YOU CAN'T SEE THEM.

https://www.elle.com/culture/career-pol ... le-planes/
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now claiming he wants to remove all tariffs, barriers and subsidies if the EU does. Sure, Donald, sure.

This was discussed a couple of pages back - seems people don't even think the EU should even try.

I don't. It's a waste of time. Trump has no intention of negotiating in good faith on this. If he believed it, he wouldn't have torpedoed the several years worth of effort the USA and the EU had already put into trying to get a deal.

He has no intention of removing subsidies. He tweeted this today, at the same time he is putting together an executive order for more farm subsidies to help with some of the pain his great tariffs are causing.

"A joint statement said the two leaders agreed to "work together toward zero tariffs, zero non-tariff barriers, and zero subsidies on non-auto industrial goods."

Good luck to them. No tariffs have been reduced or cancelled yet though. The EU can now brush the dust off the TTIP documents and wait for the change of heart once he is no longer in the same room as Juncker.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

What does that say in ways which don't require me to muck around with adblock settings I have no access to?!!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • kingstongraham
    Rolf F wrote:

What does that say in ways which don't require me to muck around with adblock settings I have no access to?!!

"Donald Trump conspired with Michael Cohen to pay off multiple other women prior to Election Day in 2016," the lawyer Michael Avenatti tweeted. "They were also concerned about a pregnancy. Cohen has evidence and info in his possession and it must be released to the public."
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Good luck to them. No tariffs have been reduced or cancelled yet though. The EU can now brush the dust off the TTIP documents and wait for the change of heart once he is no longer in the same room as Juncker.
    Not yet - they only met yesterday. Again, we will have to wait and see, but it is clearly a better position than if the meeting had never happened. Anyhow, by time they make substantial progress on a trade deal, Trump will likely be history.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,113
    Confect a crisis then claim the credit for solving said crisis in a single high level meeting. Now where have we seen that before? Let's hope there is indeed someone else to deal with sooner rather than later.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Confect a crisis then claim the credit for solving said crisis in a single high level meeting. Now where have we seen that before? Let's hope there is indeed someone else to deal with sooner rather than later.
    The tactics are crude and confrontational, but it has brought the EU to the table to discuss the subject.
  • surrey_commuter
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    The tactics are crude and confrontational, but it has brought the EU to the table to discuss the subject.

Surely he has brought himself back to the table
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Maybe that as well. It takes two to tango.
  • surrey_commuter
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

I thought he called off the previous talks? If so and he has restarted them surely he is playing with himself?
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

I thought he called off the previous talks? If so and he has restarted them surely he is playing with himself?

Well he is a total whanker so that's probably not far from the truth......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    I saw no evidence of the EU making any effort to talk trade with the US recently until DT did his bull in a China shop routine on tariffs.
  • imposter2.0
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I saw no evidence of the EU making any effort to talk trade with the US recently until DT did his bull in a China shop routine on tariffs.

Trump will call it as a victory when the USA and the EU both lift the tariffs and restore things to how they were before he imposed the tariffs in the first place. That's how fcked-up this all is...
  • Stevo_666
    Imposter wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Trump will call it as a victory when the USA and the EU both lift the tariffs and restore things to how they were before he imposed the tariffs in the first place. That's how fcked-up this all is...
    True.

Hopefully they will actually go further. May well take time if it does happen though.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    What would have happened to his plan of the EU thought fcuk it let's see his far DT will take it! Basically if the EU were willing to take it beyond the edge of sanity so that DT had to back down and lose.

Don't want to see it but I don't like it when DT can pull these whanker shows and claim a win. I just wonder if his stupid plays failed so epically for him be looks like a weak intellect with no game what his next act would be.
  • imposter2.0
    Don't want to see it but I don't like it when DT can pull these whanker shows and claim a win. I just wonder if his stupid plays failed so epically for him be looks like a weak intellect with no game what his next act would be.

Trump could spray the crowd at one of his rallies with a flamethrower shouting "it's for your own good folks" and they would still whoop and applaud...
  • Stevo_666
    What would have happened to his plan of the EU thought fcuk it let's see his far DT will take it! Basically if the EU were willing to take it beyond the edge of sanity so that DT had to back down and lose.

Who cares if he he claims a win. If the end result is beneficial, that is the win.