Donald Trump

Comments

• Moontrane wrote:
    The default position of trump, the NRA and the gun lobby is guns are NOT dangerous, it’s the mental health of the people who use them that is the problem. Yet last year trump cut 18% from the budget of the department responsible for background checks on people buying guns. Of course nothing will ever change in the US it’s a frightened society and events like 14 feb, make it imperative that a vocal minority have weapons to protect themselves. The best the US can eve hope for is a ban on automatic weapons that were designed for war, not protection or hunting.

Automatic weapons are rarely used in mass shootings. I can't recall the last time one was used. Weapons designed for war - the fully automatic, machine-gun types - are used by military and some portions of law enforcement such as SWAT.
    Phew, American kids eh, such a bunch of drama queens, worrying about whether those pesky shooters have bump stocked their rifles or have a nifty finger action.

Who has used "your" bump stock to shoot drama-queen American students?

I could ask a neighborhood kid to fashion me a bump stock, having him use just a shoestring. Do you understand that bump stocks are like mechanical pencils? Ban them and only law-abiding citizens comply.
    Infinite diversity, infinte variations
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:
    The default position of trump, the NRA and the gun lobby is guns are NOT dangerous, it’s the mental health of the people who use them that is the problem. Yet last year trump cut 18% from the budget of the department responsible for background checks on people buying guns. Of course nothing will ever change in the US it’s a frightened society and events like 14 feb, make it imperative that a vocal minority have weapons to protect themselves. The best the US can eve hope for is a ban on automatic weapons that were designed for war, not protection or hunting.

Automatic weapons are rarely used in mass shootings. I can't recall the last time one was used. Weapons designed for war - the fully automatic, machine-gun types - are used by military and some portions of law enforcement such as SWAT.
    Phew, American kids eh, such a bunch of drama queens, worrying about whether those pesky shooters have bump stocked their rifles or have a nifty finger action.

I could ask a neighborhood kid to fashion me a bump stock, having him use just a shoestring. Do you understand that bump stocks are like mechanical pencils? Ban them and only law-abiding citizens comply.
    No one said Bump Stocks had been used in a school shooting, the quote was "Phew, American kids eh, such a bunch of drama queens, worrying about whether those pesky shooters have bump stocked their rifles or have a nifty finger action". As you are aware however, they were used in the Vegas shootings.
    I don't get your argument that ban them and only law abiding people will comply, that's how the law works, you make rules, people follow them, that's fine, people break them and you have a legitimate reason to prosecute them.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • If this is a mental health issue then, at least, giving guns to one of the professions with absolutely no mental health issues should be fine.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • This is just all utterly depressing. How the US attitude to guns and gun violence never changes truly makes me sad and I wish I could not care about it. The answer to nutters is more guns? Words simply fail me. Because yes, all the teachers are stable also!

It's getting to the point that the world should ground the US, take away their passports and tell them to stand on the naughty step until their attitude changes. Only then will they allowed out to play nicely with everyone else again.
  • Interesting question - if some of the things Trump said at campaign rallies or on Twitter was found on private emails, would he be in more trouble?
    Not sure what you mean?

Examples - at a campaign rally he asked Russia to hack the DNC to find the 30,000 "missing emails". On Twitter yesterday he asked his attorney general to launch criminal investigations of a political opponent. If emails were uncovered that he had sent with these on them, they would be massive stories. As it is, it's "just Trump being Trump" because he is so open about it.
  • bianchimoon
    Interesting question - if some of the things Trump said at campaign rallies or on Twitter was found on private emails, would he be in more trouble?
    Not sure what you mean?

Examples - at a campaign rally he asked Russia to hack the DNC to find the 30,000 "missing emails". On Twitter yesterday he asked his attorney general to launch criminal investigations of a political opponent. If emails were uncovered that he had sent with these on them, they would be massive stories. As it is, it's "just Trump being Trump" because he is so open about it.
    Ahh, I see what you mean, yes if hidden away on emails, would be pretty incriminating 'depending on who they were sent to'
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

Sorry - are you saying that the students are drama queens - i.e. Making a mountain out of a molehill, being over dramatic, worrying about things that don't really need worrying about?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

Sorry - are you saying that the students are drama queens - i.e. Making a mountain out of a molehill, being over dramatic, worrying about things that don't really need worrying about?
    :o:D:lol:
  • trump-guns.jpg

His crib sheet for the listening session.

Note his embroidered cuff also.
  • trump-guns.jpg

I''d be less surprised if they said L or R
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,202
    I think Moontrane is an USAnian so remember not to do irony, keep it literal, simple words best.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    The best possible answer to question 1 is to point a loaded weapon directly at his eyes, after already shooting others.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    trump-guns.jpg

I''d be less surprised if they said L or R

I like the way it's written in child like handwriting.

I'm just surprised there are smiley faces in the circles above the "i"s or little flowers there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    PBlakeney wrote:
    The best possible answer to question 1 is to point a loaded weapon directly at his eyes, after already shooting others.

Only if by others you mean, people he loves.

But that would fail on the grounds he only has love for himself.
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm intrigued to know what his family say about him to each other?

The can't all be utter phuktards can they?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    Dinyull wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

Only if by others you mean, people he loves.

But that would fail on the grounds he only has love for himself.
    Others to show the reality of the situation. (Preferably actors, squibs and blanks but still...)
    At him to teach the lesson.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599

There is no evidence to the contrary.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    diplodicus wrote:
    Trump advocates teachers carrying guns to combat school shootings

FFS

DWmMNcTVMAA6anO.jpg:large

That's not necessarily contradictory, may he doesn't want teachers in the classroom just patrolling the corridors and grounds with heavy machine guns while the kids teach themselves.

The most worrying thing I've seen recently was when Trump mooted this last week a teacher (I think from last week's school) was asked what he thought of the idea and rather than dismissing it out of hand said he'd have to consider it!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    cooldad wrote:

There is no evidence to the contrary.
    They share some great genes, really the best genes.
  • Timing is everything. Now seems like the ideal time for Trump to praise "Wayne, Chris and the folks who work so hard at the NRA".
  • bianchimoon
    NRA are fighting back hard, Trump will backtrack on everything re gun law very soon
  • https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

Not easy reading, but explains what the difference is between a gunshot wound from an ar15 and a "routine handgun injury".
  • bianchimoon
    https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

Not easy reading, but explains what the difference is between a gunshot wound from an ar15 and a "routine handgun injury".
    Hard reading, makes you wonder what you would have done in the same shoes as the deputy that stayed outside the florida school, armed with just a handgun against a killer that looked like any one of hundreds of frightened kids running/hiding. What are the chances of accidentally killing an innocent child?
    Captain bone spur, is the ultimate coward, we knew the NRA would get him back on message but the speed they did it astounding. The NRA love the idea of teachers being armed or having their members as unpaid operatives inside schools, the more scared people are the more power they have and the more guns they sell!
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm not a violent man but the more I read about Dotard and his views/opinions on this subject the more I want to kick his gooch in.

What an awful specimen.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

Well, it's all a bit more complicated than that but nice brief premise on the subject. Puts his points across well.

Can't get away from the fact though that as per my posts passim there is abosoloutely he need whatsoever for anyone outside of uniform to have one of these things - and even then you'll find that the majority of people who do have access to them don't particularly like them. I for one detest the frickinnn' things and wish they were all crushed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

Hard reading, makes you wonder what you would have done in the same shoes as the deputy that stayed outside the florida school, armed with just a handgun against a killer that looked like any one of hundreds of frightened kids running/hiding. What are the chances of accidentally killing an innocent child?
    Captain bone spur, is the ultimate coward, we knew the NRA would get him back on message but the speed they did it astounding. The NRA love the idea of teachers being armed or having their members as unpaid operatives inside schools, the more scared people are the more power they have and the more guns they sell!

Makes you wonder what you would have done etc etc?

You would have done your job like everyone else in the emergency services and armed forces - i.e. The job you chose, the job you are trained for and the job you are paid for. The general public looks at you to - for the US police - serve and protect and this guy did feckk all.

The guy is an embarrassment.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

Aaron Feis managed to work out the difference between the frightened kids and the one with the big gun.
  • bianchimoon

Aaron Feis managed to work out the difference between the frightened kids and the one with the big gun.
    You serious?
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Funny is the wrong word, but it's funny seeing a load of republican Americans calling from armed veterans to be deployed at each and every school.

Would apparently protect the kids from school shootings and help employ the many unemployed veterans out there.

I'd hate to think what kind of massacre a well trained vet suffering with ptsd could cause.

I can't believe how amazed and surprised I am at the level of stupidity over there re. the subject of guns. Whenever any of this happens the immediate reaction from the right is more guns. What a country.