Donald Trump

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Is your ability to interpret sentences struggling?

Well you are right. But that ability is being tested to the limit because not all of you are capable of constructing sentences, nor in expressing what you mean. I think that some people here should stick to working with electric screwdrivers and let the clever ones do the thinking and expressing of ideas.
    Wonderful!
    I would be most interested in hearing more about your ideas.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    What's an electric screwdriver? Did you mean sonic screwdriver but the translation engine got it wrong? Sonic screwdriver - now you're talking...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Well you are right. But that ability is being tested to the limit because not all of you are capable of constructing sentences, nor in expressing what you mean. I think that some people here should stick to working with electric screwdrivers and let the clever ones do the thinking and expressing of ideas.
    Wonderful!
    No, he said the clever one should think and express their ideas. Considering he can’t understand some pretty simple statements that clearly excludes him.
    Makes me laugh how he constantly whines about the quality of posts on here yet his are almost entirely drivel.
    Maybe he should go and help poor Bungle with his Merlin problem :lol:
  • pblakeney
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Wonderful!
    No, he said the clever one should think and express their ideas. Considering he can’t understand some pretty simple statements that clearly excludes him.
    Makes me laugh how he constantly whines about the quality of posts on here yet his are almost entirely drivel.
    That doesn't mean that I do not wish hear some of his wonderful ideas.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Well you are right. But that ability is being tested to the limit because not all of you are capable of constructing sentences, nor in expressing what you mean.

It's the problem for many foreigners learning English or using interpreting software. It can be a struggle to understand nuance and subtleties such as sarcasm.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    In general small people do get wound up easily because of pompous self belief because they do not have other atributes to fall back on. Personality or intelligence being a couple of examples.

This is a subset of the internet - a forum - it is as you choose it to be it is not real and it is transient. It is entropic. I don't take any opinions that are expressed in it seriously - including my own and I don't take this site seriously, your prognostications on Donald Trump seriously nor do I take those of any political or social aspect of the UK or Europe seriously.

Seriously. [which by the way is irony].
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Fishbot found a random sentence generator?

That's not irony.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    FishFish wrote:
    In general small people do get wound up easily because of pompous self belief because they do not have other atributes to fall back on. Personality or intelligence being a couple of examples.

This is a subset of the internet - a forum - it is as you choose it to be it is not real and it is transient. It is entropic. I don't take any opinions that are expressed in it seriously - including my own and I don't take this site seriously, your prognostications on Donald Trump seriously nor do I take those of any political or social aspect of the UK or Europe seriously.

Seriously. [which by the way is irony].

can I use this as my new signature please? its brilliant.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    FishFish wrote:
    Is this a claim that small people do not have personality or intelligence?
    Paging Rick Chasey!
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Is this a claim that small people do not have personality or intelligence?
    Paging Rick Chasey!
    Oh yeah, you nailed it/her/him there, sizist baxxard. I feel the pain (even though I'm 6'4) #metoo
    Rick! Rick!
  • The default position of trump, the NRA and the gun lobby is guns are NOT dangerous, it’s the mental health of the people who use them that is the problem. Yet last year trump cut 18% from the budget of the department responsible for background checks on people buying guns. Of course nothing will ever change in the US it’s a frightened society and events like 14 feb, make it imperative that a vocal minority have weapons to protect themselves. The best the US can eve hope for is a ban on automatic weapons that were designed for war, not protection or hunting.

Automatic weapons are rarely used in mass shootings. I can't recall the last time one was used. Weapons designed for war - the fully automatic, machine-gun types - are used by military and some portions of law enforcement such as SWAT.
    Infinite diversity, infinte variations
  • Matthewfalle
    Moontrane wrote:
    The default position of trump, the NRA and the gun lobby is guns are NOT dangerous, it’s the mental health of the people who use them that is the problem. Yet last year trump cut 18% from the budget of the department responsible for background checks on people buying guns. Of course nothing will ever change in the US it’s a frightened society and events like 14 feb, make it imperative that a vocal minority have weapons to protect themselves. The best the US can eve hope for is a ban on automatic weapons that were designed for war, not protection or hunting.

Automatic weapons are rarely used in mass shootings. I can't recall the last time one was used. Weapons designed for war - the fully automatic, machine-gun types - are used by military and some portions of law enforcement such as SWAT.

Partially incorrect - mad fukkker at Las Vegas converted his semi automatics into fully automatic using bump stops.

Anyway, a semi automatic still fires as fast as you can pull the trigger so it’s a moot point really.

But overall, it’s a pretty crap point to be arguing over when it’s such a sad event.

End of the day, no one at all apart from the military needs an AR 15 or any equivalent - anyone that tells me differently is a bullshittter. That sort of thing are rubbish for hunting, rubbish for home protection, any of the normal excuses.

Ban the fukkking things, make them illegal, crush them all.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    ...and set them on fire.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • FishFish
    PBlakeney wrote:
    ...and set them on fire.

I don't think that they would burn but most of the metal would oxidise.

I agree that the ability to own guns in the USA should be as restricted as it is in the UK which does allow for some limited ownership for firearms and more generous availability of shotguns. Accepting that they are still used in crime is realistic but their availability should be constrained by law.

In the US it is the opposite. They are, by law - the constitution if you wish - allowed. There is a huge job creating industry of shops, manufacturing, ranges and the NRA and similar which will assert that constitutional right.

Of course there are criminal incidents in proportion to the ownership as there always have been but no-one has done anything. Today the administration is a result of populism - the same one that buys guns so the problem will remain.

• Matthewfalle
    PBlakeney wrote:
    ...and set them on fire.

With fire.

I fricking hate guns and everything to do with them.

Ban and crush the whole lot. Farmers, Feds, pest controllers and very, very strictly monitored sporting people. That’s it.

No one needs a Kalash at home. No one needs a Glock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    This guys makes his points way more eloquently than I ever could.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ZfL-TOZO0
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    Also, take away all guns. When the gun owners get upset, send them thoughts and prayers.
    That supposedly makes everything better.*

*Stolen.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Donald has a lovely new twitter banner.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Matthewfalle
    will someone please go and kick him in the nads.

odious dotard.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    cooldad wrote:
    Fishbot found a random sentence generator?

That's not irony.

It’s irony in the Alanis Morissette definition of the word.
  • Just checking, does one have to be a Professor to know that, generally, in all 'crime fighting' organisations, there are generally departments which deal with specific things?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Just checking, does one have to be a Professor to know that, generally, in all 'crime fighting' organisations, there are generally departments which deal with specific things?
    You know that, I know that, 99% of people on here know that... the commander in chief, however hasn’t yet been told
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Moontrane wrote:
    The default position of trump, the NRA and the gun lobby is guns are NOT dangerous, it’s the mental health of the people who use them that is the problem. Yet last year trump cut 18% from the budget of the department responsible for background checks on people buying guns. Of course nothing will ever change in the US it’s a frightened society and events like 14 feb, make it imperative that a vocal minority have weapons to protect themselves. The best the US can eve hope for is a ban on automatic weapons that were designed for war, not protection or hunting.

Phew, American kids eh, such a bunch of drama queens, worrying about whether those pesky shooters have bump stocked their rifles or have a nifty finger action.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • It's a distinction I had to google. But, I have to say, it's all still a bit lost on me.

Still, it's a 'dream to shoot this rifle.' (This was the Pulse Nightclub weapon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyArFYkl3Q
  • Moontrane wrote:

That is most likely because they are banned unless they were manufactured before 1986, and have to be registered with the federal government even then. This makes them difficult to get, and expensive. It's quite a good argument for gun control.
  • FishFish
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Well this is your post on Friday - or is it Fryday. Whatever that means. Your post is utter drivel, shows a huge degree of immaturity and is singularly unfunny.

I misread that and thought ice dogging was your new hobby.

Morning rusty sherrifs,
    Bit chilly out this morning but still dry at least. Very glad it's Fryday as obviously dead pig will feature heavily in my lunch plans. Later should be pub with the Mrs as I'm told beer is good for curing the plague. Until then I will have to content myself with tea or coffee.

• Matthewfalle
    FishFish wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Well this is your post on Friday - or is it Fryday. Whatever that means. Your post is utter drivel, shows a huge degree of immaturity and is singularly unfunny.

I misread that and thought ice dogging was your new hobby.

Morning rusty sherrifs,
    Bit chilly out this morning but still dry at least. Very glad it's Fryday as obviously dead pig will feature heavily in my lunch plans. Later should be pub with the Mrs as I'm told beer is good for curing the plague. Until then I will have to content myself with tea or coffee.

Nope - that post looks fine to me..

Salutation
    Climate report
    Plans for the day
    Current events

Exactly in keeping with the theme of that thread.

One of the more simple ones methinks.

Can you please explain what part you don't understand?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    On malo chto ponimayet.
  • Matthewfalle
    Indeed.

Prestigigitateur.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    FishFish wrote:
    ...ice dogging was your new hobby.

Now you should know what effect cold rides do to parts of your anatomy.
    FishFish wrote:
    .Morning rusty sherrifs,

:?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!