Donald Trump

Comments

• https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

Not easy reading, but explains what the difference is between a gunshot wound from an ar15 and a "routine handgun injury".
    Hard reading, makes you wonder what you would have done in the same shoes as the deputy that stayed outside the florida school, armed with just a handgun against a killer that looked like any one of hundreds of frightened kids running/hiding. What are the chances of accidentally killing an innocent child?
    Captain bone spur, is the ultimate coward, we knew the NRA would get him back on message but the speed they did it astounding. The NRA love the idea of teachers being armed or having their members as unpaid operatives inside schools, the more scared people are the more power they have and the more guns they sell!

Aaron Feis managed to work out the difference between the frightened kids and the one with the big gun.
    You serious?

Someone who was accepted a job as an armed guard to protect children didn't try to do that. There's no real excuse for that.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/553937/

Not easy reading, but explains what the difference is between a gunshot wound from an ar15 and a "routine handgun injury".
    Hard reading, makes you wonder what you would have done in the same shoes as the deputy that stayed outside the florida school, armed with just a handgun against a killer that looked like any one of hundreds of frightened kids running/hiding. What are the chances of accidentally killing an innocent child?
    Captain bone spur, is the ultimate coward, we knew the NRA would get him back on message but the speed they did it astounding. The NRA love the idea of teachers being armed or having their members as unpaid operatives inside schools, the more scared people are the more power they have and the more guns they sell!

Aaron Feis managed to work out the difference between the frightened kids and the one with the big gun.
    You serious?

Someone who was accepted a job as an armed guard to protect children didn't try to do that. There's no real excuse for that.

You what? What are you on about?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Dinyull wrote:
    Funny is the wrong word, but it's funny seeing a load of republican Americans calling from armed veterans to be deployed at each and every school.

Would apparently protect the kids from school shootings and help employ the many unemployed veterans out there.

I'd hate to think what kind of massacre a well trained vet suffering with ptsd could cause.

I can't believe how amazed and surprised I am at the level of stupidity over there re. the subject of guns. Whenever any of this happens the immediate reaction from the right is more guns. What a country.

And what are you waffling about? Do you merely not understand or are you genuinely clueless?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942

You serious?

How many people have taken jobs they're not up to?
    It's very easy to sit in the UK, writing about how easy it is to be Rambo.
    In reality things are totally different, panic and people screaming, oh and deranged guy with an semi-auto rifle.
    All the classroom training about going one to one with a better equipted madman, means nothing in the million to one event of it actually happening. People going into that situation alone are rare... people coming out of that alive are even more rare. I feel for the deputy, i feel for the kids, i feel for the families, no win for anyone except for the Trump base and the NRA. The narrative is changing as the NRA want it to, the villain is now the deputy, not the AR15.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Dinyull wrote:
    Funny is the wrong word, but it's funny seeing a load of republican Americans calling from armed veterans to be deployed at each and every school.

This to me shows that the USA is a totally broken country. If your view is you need more guns to be safe then you have a problem. The issue is most do not admit they have a problem so it'll never be solved.
  • Matthewfalle

You serious?

How many people have taken jobs they're not up to?
    It's very easy to sit in the UK, writing about how easy it is to be Rambo.
    In reality things are totally different, panic and people screaming, oh and deranged guy with an semi-auto rifle.
    All the classroom training about going one to one with a better equipted madman, means nothing in the million to one event of it actually happening. People going into that situation alone are rare... people coming out of that alive are even more rare. I feel for the deputy, i feel for the kids, i feel for the families, no win for anyone except for the Trump base and the NRA. The narrative is changing as the NRA want it to, the villain is now the deputy, not the AR15.

That deputy - which to call him one is an insult to all those who do their jobs everyday and have lost their lives doing their jobs - is an embarrassment to everything his uniform stands for.

I don't feel for him - he's a farce. A joke.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498

That deputy - which to call him one is an insult to all those who do their jobs everyday and have lost their lives doing their jobs - is an embarrassment to everything his uniform stands for.

I don't feel for him - he's a farce. A joke.

On the face of it - yes the deputy failed to do his job. As of this morning he (the deputy) hadn't explained why he didn't go in. I can't condem him - not sure I'd go in - but then I'd not take the job of wielding a weapon to start with.

What it does show - and contrary to the NRA/Trump's message - is that even Trained Professionals Armed with Guns DO NOT PREVENT the massacre.

I can understand the reluctance of the general public to reduce their armory - do you need a semi-automatic? If you're in a town/city then no - police are "just around the corner" - in the middle of the Texan desert? You're nearest neighbour could be 1/2hr drive - police - well, by the time they could be in attendance then the dust would've settled and no more to see - so there's greater justification for arming yourself (against the lawless who would ignore whatever gun/knife restrictions are in place). So would it be that difficult to ban the sale of Semi-automatics to anyone who didn't live in the middle of nowhere? Would it be that difficult to register all the newly sold weapons with who has them and where they're kept?
    Sure - it wouldn't be an overnight fix - but within a generation you'd have a far greater handle on who has what, why and where. But they won't do that - too many people like having guns - for various reasons (I can understand it's great fun to shoot tin cans - and there's no harm in that, when done somewhere sensible - by sensible people)
  • Matthewfalle

You serious?

The poor guy wasn't an armed guard. He was an assistant football coach and unarmed security guard.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon

You serious?

The poor guy wasn't an armed guard. He was an assistant football coach and unarmed security guard.
    Try and follow the conversation MF, TG was talking about the Deputy not the coach
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Matthewfalle
    Too many quotes within quotes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    Here’s a thought that was shared on Facebook.
    Ronald Reagan was surrounded by trained, armed security guards. How did that pan out? More guns are NOT the answer.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Here’s a thought that was shared on Facebook.
    Ronald Reagan was surrounded by trained, armed security guards. How did that pan out? More guns are NOT the answer.

Similarly on twitter:
    Chris Kyle (most lethal sniper in US military history)
    On February 2, 2013, Kyle and his friend, Chad Littlefield, 35, were shot and killed by Eddie Ray Routh at the Rough Creek Ranch-Lodge-Resort shooting range in Erath County, Texas.[48] Both Kyle and Littlefield were armed with .45-caliber 1911-style pistols when they were killed, but neither gun had been unholstered or fired, and the safety catches were still on. Kyle was killed with a .45-caliber pistol, while Littlefield was shot with a 9mm SIG Sauer pistol. Both guns belonged to Kyle.
  • The failure by the deputy only goes to reinforce the weakness of the "good man with a gun" argument.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    The failure by the deputy only goes to reinforce the weakness of the "good man with a gun" argument.
    That's why we need to arm ALL the pupils, that way it's far more likely that someone will hit the bad guy
  • Matthewfalle
    Dotard will next be suggesting watchtowers and barbed wire.

I really detest the creature, if you haven't already have guessed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bianchimoon
    The failure by the deputy only goes to reinforce the weakness of the "good man with a gun" argument.
    Exactly, the NRA have an nineteenth century wild west attitude, the second amendment written in 1790 has no place in a modern lawful society
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Anyone with any sense can see so many holes in that argument.
    After the shooting in a cinema a few years back our MD, an American, said he thought it incredible anybody survived as there are so many guns in that area he's surprised everybody didn't just start firing back in the dark. Thankfully the good guys that had guns didn't shoot back in that instance.
  • The failure by the deputy only goes to reinforce the weakness of the "good man with a gun" argument.
    Exactly, the NRA have an nineteenth century wild west attitude, the second amendment written in 1790 has no place in a modern lawful society

You just have to listen to the NRA blaming everybody else (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43164634). Watched the video and was totally lost for words.
  • bianchimoon
    WeezySwiss wrote:

You just have to listen to the NRA blaming everybody else (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43164634). Watched the video and was totally lost for words.
    yeah saw it yesterday, the woman spokeswoman is particularly scary, she for one shouldn't be allowed access to a gun
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

I was just going to make a comment on that. I'm amazed the US has become the 'world's most powerful nation' when it seems on many levels to refuse to move with the times. At the time the Constitution and its 2nd amendment were written the US was a new nation that reasonably considered that others might try to take over / take back and it was only just starting to develop an army so the ability to raise an armed militia was important to them. To think that nearly 230 years later this 'right' is used by a large element to justify being able to own semi-automatic weapons and that the Constitution hasn't been amended to reflect the changing world over that time speaks volumes. I can't imagine any scenario where the general populace would realistically be needed to carry weapons to fight an enemy of the nation, if anyone did attack the US then I can't imagine they'll be the sort of people who can be fought off with rifles and even if they were then I'm sure illegal use of firearms would be tolerated.

The suggestion above about people 'in the middle of nowhere' being allowed to keep weapons for protection also doesn't ring true. Have a look at similarly developed countries with large areas of rural land such as Canada and Australia and there's little to suggest you're at a higher risk of violent crime in the sticks than you would be in the city. It just needs a ban on firearms full stop (or period for our American friends) other than maybe a shotgun or single fire hunting rifle where a legitimate need can be demonstrated. Maybe, as there seems to be lots of men with small c0cks over there who need a firearm to demonstrate their masculinity, you could have ranges but with the weapons kept locked up on site in very high security. The whole being armed to protect against armed lunatics is complete nonsense if you heavily regulate firearms in the first place as we see in the UK, even now you rarely see an armed officer away from London and high risk areas and yet we've 'only' had a handful of mass shootings in my living memory.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I listened to some of Don's speech he gave at Cpac today. The more I hear him, the more he reminds me of a bar fly who just spouts off drunken knee jerk reaction drivel. Utter tool.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • All gun owners should have "dune" style heart plugs with Bluetooth activation. In the case of an active shooter they can just drop them all within a 200m radius.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Trump's tax cut was worth $29 billion to Berkshire Hathaway.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    So Donny saw lots of cowardly deputies who weren't Medal of Honour material whilst he would have waded into the school shooting unarmed. Am I missing something or is this the same Donald Trump that managed to avoid the Vietnam draft? I assume someone will pick him up on that one.
  • bianchimoon
    Pross wrote:
    So Donny saw lots of cowardly deputies who weren't Medal of Honour material whilst he would have waded into the school shooting unarmed. Am I missing something or is this the same Donald Trump that managed to avoid the Vietnam draft? I assume someone will pick him up on that one.
    He'll probably award himself the congressional medal for valour, just for saying he would go in unarmed. Once again he turns it into about being about "Me, Me, Me'. As someone else put it
    He was going to run right in there, dodging a hail of bullets, and grab him by the p*##y!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pross wrote:
    Cadet Bone Spurs..

https://twitter.com/WilDonnelly?ref_src ... r%5Eauthor

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/ ... ave-weapon

I'm sure there are plenty more.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Pross
    It's such a shame he was 'unavailable' for Vietnam. Obviously if he had gone then it would have been a US victory although there would then have been a generation of film producers with no subject matter in the 80s.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Cynical sh1t.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/25/poli ... index.html

"President Donald Trump's re-election campaign used a photo of a survivor of the Parkland, Florida, shooting in an email Saturday that asks its recipients to donate money to the campaign."
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Interesting fact in that Twitter feed or whatever you call it:

Facts Do Matter

@WilDonnelly
    Feb 25
    More Facts Do Matter Retweeted Ryan Struyk
    Support for stricter gun control 2014 - 44%, 2015 - 46%, 2016 - 55%, 2017 -52%, 2018 - 70%. The only people who don't get it are the politicians who have been paid by the NRA to not get it.

I noted your comment TWH. FWIW.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    So the draft dodging, nearly bald orange w4nker reckons that he would have gone in had he been there on the day of the shoooting. Should I feel guilty that my first thought was that he was a lying tosser but my second was that I wish that he had actually been there on the day and was not really a lying tosser as there would be a new president by now?
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)