Donald Trump

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Saw Piers on GMB this morning siding with Farage against Vince Cable on giving Trump a State Visit. He wasn't exactly the most neutral person to interview Trump (which he's presumably how he managed to get granted the interview). More disappointing was that Susannah Reid also got on board the Trump supporting bandwagon.

I couldn't physically face watching those two xxxx - can you remember what their arguments were for Dotard polluting Britain's oxygen?

That we need to be nice to him in the hope he'll give us some crumbs from his plate and that his new BFF Macron is likely to be the main player in EU discussions. So basically Farage was saying we have to suck up to a bigot because he (Farage) talked us into walking away from our biggest trade partners, the irony of which somehow went over Morgan's head possibly as he hadn't managed to get back off his knees after fallating Don.
    The country that is our biggest trade partner is the USA...

Fail.
    Check your facts before you talk crap. We export more to the US than any other country.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2010/feb/24/uk-trade-exports-imports
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    You're posting seven year old figures which only show part of the picture to support your argument. Was that the top Google result?!

EDIT: I'll even give you a clue. Don't confuse the best trade surplus (because we don't, on the whole, like their sh1t) with being the biggest trading partner.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Stevo_666
    You're posting seven year old figures which only show part of the picture to support your argument. Was that the top Google result?!

EDIT: I'll even give you a clue. Don't confuse the best trade surplus (because we don't, on the whole, like their sh1t) with being the biggest trading partner.
    The country to which we export the most is currently the USA and that is the most important aspect of trading for us.

And to be honest it wasn't really worth doing much of a search to reply to you given your attitude towards me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The country to which we export the most is currently the USA and that is the most important aspect of trading for us.

And to be honest it wasn't really worth doing much of a search to reply to you given your attitude towards me.
    Your answers here stevo
    https://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-trade-partners/
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you'd answered properly then I'm sure we'd have all fawned at the great god across the Atlantic (and your intellect, obviously) - in the same way that I'm sure we'll stop buying German cars/appliances/bikes etc. and replace them with US goods. In the meantime the topic was biggest trading partner. Not the largest export market.

My attitude to you?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • bianchimoon
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you'd answered properly then I'm sure we'd have all fawned at the great god across the Atlantic (and your intellect, obviously) - in the same way that I'm sure we'll stop buying German cars/appliances/bikes etc. and replace them with US goods. In the meantime the topic was biggest trading partner. Not the largest export market.

My attitude to you?
    Same problem as Schumer negotiating with Trump "like negotiating with Jello" Get used to it LBS it's the post Brexit/Trump era where facts don't matter anymore
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

My attitude to you?
    Okay, if you add up imports and exports then Germany is largest. I was referring to exports which are more important - and my language to describe that was loose, shall we say.

So well done, you scored a point. Better than that football team you support :wink:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    ^ That's not taxdodger admitting he got summat wrong is it? Jings.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Okay, if you add up imports and exports then Germany is largest. I was referring to exports which are more important - and my language to describe that was loose, shall we say.

So well done, you scored a point. Better than that football team you support :wink:

Don't give in. The 2016 figures in that ONS link have USA as highest when you add imports to exports, by quite a long way.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Don't give in. The 2016 figures in that ONS link have USA as highest when you add imports to exports, by quite a long way.

surely they are arguing about the difference between largest trading partner and country?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Surely they are arguing about the difference between largest trading partner and country?
    Stevo uses country as it fits his argument. The biggest trading partner is more important in my view. Yes, there are lots of other countries that we can trade with, but geography and cost of shipping is a factor that people conveniently forget.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Surely they are arguing about the difference between largest trading partner and country?
    Stevo uses country as it fits his argument. The biggest trading partner is more important in my view. Yes, there are lots of other countries that we can trade with, but geography and cost of shipping is a factor that people conveniently forget.

Would be fairly easy to model. Write off all those in the EU, those we already have deals with, those too big for us to get a decent deal and all those too small to worth the effort you could probably get a target list of half a dozen which would keep us busy for decades.
  • This is the Trump thread.

He has apparently a new found appetite for transparency regarding the Nunes memo, because he seems to think he might be able to sack the whole FBI.

He had 45 million viewers of his state of the union which is the most ever (except for Obama and GWB).

Trump's nominee to direct the Council on Environmental Quality who got rejected by the Senate is being re-nominated, she has said that CO2 is the gas of life on this planet, so fossil fuels have environmental benefits.

And it's one week to the next shutdown.

Etc.
  • bianchimoon
    This is the Trump thread.

He has apparently a new found appetite for transparency regarding the Nunes memo, because he seems to think he might be able to sack the whole FBI.

He had 45 million viewers of his state of the union which is the most ever (except for Obama and GWB).

Trump's nominee to direct the Council on Environmental Quality who got rejected by the Senate is being re-nominated, she has said that CO2 is the gas of life on this planet, so fossil fuels have environmental benefits.

And it's one week to the next shutdown.

Etc.

I'd wager a large proportion viewed the SotU speech hoping for a meltdown!
    The Nunes memo, even the guy that Trump installed has called it "materially false". taking on the FBI at the same time as the justice department, he obviously thinks it's all or nothing now
  • I'd wager a large proportion viewed the SotU speech hoping for a meltdown!

A larger proportion of supporters of the incumbent watch the SOTU which I guess is why Fox got the highest ratings. There's no interest for non-supporters in watching a liar read lies from an autocue for an hour.
  • bianchimoon

A larger proportion of supporters of the incumbent watch the SOTU which I guess is why Fox got the highest ratings. There's no interest for non-supporters in watching a liar read lies from an autocue for an hour.
    Hmm, I don't agree, It's car crash TV viewing, bit like Daly Mail readers who read it to be outraged :D
  • I'd wager a large proportion viewed the SotU speech hoping for a meltdown!

Hmm, I don't agree, It's car crash TV viewing, bit like Daly Mail readers who read it to be outraged :D

Daily Mail readers read it to be outraged at something that has happened elsewhere. Much like Trump haters will read about the SOTU and get outraged by it. Set piece events where he's reading it out like that aren't car-crash TV - not like the speech to the Boy Scouts was.

The statistic about a higher proportion of supporters watching the SOTU was from the NPR politics podcast based on historic and current polling.
  • The Nunes memo, even the guy that Trump installed has called it "materially false". taking on the FBI at the same time as the justice department, he obviously thinks it's all or nothing now
    Nunes is a treasonous toad and Trump lickspittle shown not only to be highly partisan but also in cahoots with the Trump White House in spreading disinformation.

The memo and its conspiracy theories are being discredited on a daily basis as many of those identified as key characters it's designed to expose are Republicans - Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, Wray for example - and some are Trump picks.

What Trump is railing against is not a left liberal deep state as the Dotard dumbasses believe but a broad spectrum of Americans who are defending the Constitution against his attacks.
  • bianchimoon

Daily Mail readers read it to be outraged at something that has happened elsewhere. Much like Trump haters will read about the SOTU and get outraged by it. Set piece events where he's reading it out like that aren't car-crash TV - not like the speech to the Boy Scouts was.

The statistic about a higher proportion of supporters watching the SOTU was from the NPR politics podcast based on historic and current polling.
    UPDATED: Viewership of President Donald Trump’s first State of the Union address is down slightly in the Nielsen ratings compared to his first televised address to Congress last February as well as President Barack Obama’s first such address.

On broadcast, Tuesday’s coverage of the speech drew 7.1 million viewers on NBC, 7 million on CBS, 5.4 million on ABC, and 3.6 million on Fox for a combined 23.1 million viewers.
    Fox News had the biggest audience by far, with 11.7 million viewers during the speech, breaking a State of the Union record for the channel.
    NBC and CBS averaged 7 million viewers each, ABC averaged 5.4 million, the Fox broadcast network had 3.6 million, CNN had 3.1 million, and MSNBC had 2.6 million. Some smaller channels rounded out the rest. Another 3.5 million viewers watched on Spanish-language networks.

So Fox had largest individual market share, probably because they are the only main right sided media, in effect the liberals NBC, CBS, ABC MSNBC and CNN combined had 25.1m to Fox's 11.7m
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,542
    edited February 2018
    What Trump is railing against is not a left liberal deep state as the Dotard dumbasses believe but a broad spectrum of Americans who are defending the Constitution against his attacks.
    Trump seems to think that the FBI is 'biased' against him, but it's for the same sort of reasons that any law enforcement agency is 'biased' against someone has been blatantly breaking the law: it's their job to catch criminals, stoopid, so they, er, try to catch them and provide overwhleming evidence to prove guilt. Biased. Yeah.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

• So that's it?

The extent of it seems to be "man who produced dossier showing Trump totally unsuitable to be President, didn't want Trump to be President".
  • briantrumpet

So that's it?

The extent of it seems to be "man who produced dossier showing Trump totally unsuitable to be President, didn't want Trump to be President".
    This (long) Twitter thread is quite a good demolition of the Nunes memo. https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 6840002560.
  • briantrumpet
    This piece, by John Schindler, is perhaps even more damning, re the Nunes 'memo': http://observer.com/2018/02/devin-nunes ... stigation/
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh dear.
    27540698_1963296243998438_7511303453003449822_n.jpg?oh=b1ec38c4d26552165fd5faf24cf3b121&oe=5B26C15A

That is the very definition of irony
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    I thought the above must be the definition of fake news. But no... :shock:
    https://www.snopes.com/trump-supporters ... tor-legal/
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    A large proportion of our exports are services - particularly FS, but also technology, media etc. Distance and shipping are not really a factor for these.

That said, I work for a manufacturing group. If it wasn't cost effective to manufacture 90%+ of our kit in the Far East and ship it all over the world, we wouldn't do it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Thanks, good spot.

Any thoughts on this, Mr. Lostboy?
  • bianchimoon
    The Democrats are pushing for Universal HealthCare while thousands of people are marching in the UK because their U system is going broke and not working. Dems want to greatly raise taxes for really bad and non-personal medical care. No thanks!
    He's at it again