- @ddraver
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    NOOOOO
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Looked like he had the wrong gear there. Really slow cadence.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited January 2016
    What a race! That run up the sand dune seemed to take it all out of Lars there.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    MvdP gets 5th. Mechanical?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ddraver
    Wout takes it in some style

Kevin f**king Pawls takes bronze. Him and Sven overhauled MvdP off camera somewhere
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    LArs Boom from 59th to 14th :D
    - @ddraver
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    I felt for him there, his running legs just melted :(

Cracking race though
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Well deserved after that #spokegate moment.
  • philwint wrote:
    I felt for him there, his running legs just melted :(

Cracking race though

Running was slow but it's when he got back on and he was in a high gear it cracked him
  • ddraver
    Sanne face from Lars - understandable
    - @ddraver
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    Good race. Was shouting for LVDH but you could always sense WVA would win. Just wish VDP was up there. A straight two up fight between WVA and VDP would have been excellent for the WC. Last year it was WVA with a mechanical, this year VDP so maybe next year they can fight it out.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    What an absolutely brilliant race. So much going on. Outstanding advertsiement for cross.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    edited January 2016
    ddraver wrote:
    1) Come on Lars, if it can't be Sven, let it be Lars....
    2) yeah, this is less exciting than the tour of Qatar... :roll:
    3)heart thumping!! :?:

4)Wout takes it in some style :idea:
    Now that's Cyclo Cross Racing with an execellent course for riders with Guts and Determination.
    Yee-Haaa I'm glad he was strong enough to win and Kevin got the Bronze, Great
    (I agree with FJS above.)
    `
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Shame about Belgian supporters throwing beer bottles and spitting at Dutch riders. Again.
  • So Wout Van Aert has won the World Championships, the World Cup, the Belgian Championships and is currently leading the Superprestige and the Bpost Bank Trofee! :shock:
  • FJS wrote:
    Shame about Belgian supporters throwing beer bottles and spitting at Dutch riders. Again.

Yeah. No call for that.

What a race though. Just brilliant from start to finish
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver wrote:
    Liam Killeen, who did nt make a career riding CX is one position ahead of Jeremy Powers, who styles himself as the future on US cross

WvA has caught LvdH

Powers has been useless every time he's come to Europe. Which probably explains why he makes his living beating the other 4 American cross pros.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Jack Clarkson got himself on TV having stacked it on the 1st lap! I hope he made his ferry home this time toi

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    Saw that and thought of you ;)
    - @ddraver
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    So Wout Van Aert has won the World Championships, the World Cup, the Belgian Championships and is currently leading the Superprestige and the Bpost Bank Trofee! :shock:
    But Lars Van Haar is European Champion. 8)
    07/11/2015 Huijbergen (NL) European Championship
    1. Lars van der Haar (NL)
    2. Wout van Aert (BE)
    3. Kevin Pauwels (BE) with Kevin 3rd again.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Well that was pretty amazing. I'm curious though - MvP was with WVA after spokegate, but drops 10-20s on WVA before pitting and putting on a surge. Did he give up after the mistake or was there an issue with his bike?

How the hell did Powers get on the front of the grid? He must surely have been embarrassed sitting there, and even more embarrassed when he missed his pedal.

Ant McCrossan is terrible. Why do we care if LG is there to watch LvdH?

Overall a fantastic world champs. Thrilling to the end. How can anyone not like cross?
  • ddraver
    MvdP said afterwards he wasn't feeling great. I think WvA really was that much better than the rest

Apparently there are a hell of a lot of points to be picked up in the US, like that it seems

I think that's harsh, he's a bit monotone but he's a decent commentator. I think he has so much to cover that its hard to go that much in to detail

Agreed over all, but almost no one I was cheering for won which is a bit of a bummer, but great races either way
    - @ddraver
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    ddraver wrote:
    MvdP said afterwards he wasn't feeling great. I think WvA really was that much better than the rest

Apparently there are a hell of a lot of points to be picked up in the US, like that it seems

I think that's harsh, he's a bit monotone but he's a decent commentator. I think he has so much to cover that its hard to go that much in to detail

Agreed over all, but almost no one I was cheering for won which is a bit of a bummer, but great races either way

I can state with full confidence, despite not hearing a single word, that McCrossan's commentary was awful. I'm all for care in the community, but invariably it's like someone, who's new to this reading lark, reciting from a transcript in the style of Murray Walker.
    I'm sure he's a lovely bloke.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,170
    PuttyKnees wrote:

How the hell did Powers get on the front of the grid? He must surely have been embarrassed sitting there, and even more embarrassed when he missed his pedal.

Overall a fantastic world champs. Thrilling to the end. How can anyone not like cross?

You'd have to think its politics. The UCI must be desperate to crack the US, so stick him on the front row; as really, he has no business being there. And I believe the US have another WC round to add to Cross Vegas....
    I think there are other countries which deserve a WC round before the US gets another.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • ddraver
    Cycling fans will never cease to amaze me :roll:
    - @ddraver
  • deejay wrote:
    So Wout Van Aert has won the World Championships, the World Cup, the Belgian Championships and is currently leading the Superprestige and the Bpost Bank Trofee! :shock:
    But Lars Van Haar is European Champion. 8)
    07/11/2015 Huijbergen (NL) European Championship
    1. Lars van der Haar (NL)
    2. Wout van Aert (BE)
    3. Kevin Pauwels (BE) with Kevin 3rd again.

:D

Looking at his lead in the Bpost Bank Trofee, he's got that one in the bag. Superprestige looks far from certain.

1) Wout van Aert ~ 80 points
    2) Kevin Pauwels ~ 77 points
    3) Sven Nys ~ 75 points
    4) Lars van der Haar ~ 68 points
    5) Klaas Vantornout 54 points

With two rounds to go.
  • ddraver
    Trying to keep the unpleasantness out of this thread but this is good from Marijn de Vries - http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/13948/Marijn- ... sche.dhtml

(Google translate does enough of a job to get it)
    - @ddraver
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Sounds ace - can't wait to catch up tonight.

VDP and WVA becoming the Boonen/Cancellara rivalry that we have been salivating over in the classics for a while?

Hopefully we will see at least one worlds, incident free, that will include them two battling it out, like Sven and Styby in 2013
  • ddraver
    Sophie comes second behind Sanne Cant* at Maldegem

Pauwls (booo) finishes 2nd behind Vantournout (meh)
    (*god bless that woman)
    - @ddraver