Cross 2015/2016 *Spoilers*

Comments

• ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    ddraver wrote:
    I really hope we get the whole story on this and she and her team don't just get disappeared...
    I,m sure as this is the first actual case of mechanical doping that no stone will be left unturned to get at the truth and hopefully all those who are responsible will be delt with very severely.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Lets hope

It sounds like her "team" barely warrant the name so I have my doubts
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyp wrote:
    This is pretty damning;

https://t.co/rf0cEcenNz

It's the splits from the Koppenberg Cross in November, where she was second. 5% faster than anyone else in the women's field on the uphill bit. The commentator on Belgian TV says "she is so strong on the climbs but losing time everywhere else, must be a technique thing".

This link is opening a dead page and downloading a PDF, which my anti virus is flagging.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I know I have to get my TT bike (and track bike) checked by the Commissaires before every UCI race. It takes about 30 seconds.

I would not be surprised if they start checking every single road bike before the start of races soon either. Especially if they have a quick and easy way to scan for a motor.
  • Whatever the truth, a 19 year old doesn't plan, procure and implement that sort of thing by themselves.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Jesus. I'm abroad and just woke up to this news.

I don't even know where to begin.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ddraver
    edited January 2016
    Interview with sporza - http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/sp ... st=7.56584 (in Dutch obvs) you can judge whether its the face of someone in the know though

Good to see that the other riders are speaking out though, but not many of them are very believing. The Belgians all seem to believe it was no accident too

(edit - those videos are not very nice to watch)
    - @ddraver
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    ddraver wrote:
    Interview with sporza - http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/sp ... st=7.56584 (in Dutch obvs) you can judge whether its the face of someone in the know though

Good to see that the other riders are speaking out though, but not many of them are very believing
    Brammier has unloaded both barrels in the direction of her dad. https://twitter.com/mattbrammeier85/sta ... 7132238848
  • ademort
    According to Femke and her Father she never even rode the bike and a training partner of Femke (Man) admits the bike is his and he put it in the material post. He has also offered his apologies.However the UCI said that Femke had ridden one lap with the bike and they found it suspect and having removed the saddle pin found wires. When they tried to remove the bottom bracket they couldn,t and then they discoverd the motor. So the big question is did she ride the bike one lap as stated by the UCI or did she not ride the bike as her Father has said.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • ddraver
    and why was it numbered up, why did the mechanic bring it to the pits etc etc etc

Walking around the pits at a cross race, most riders have big number stickers on their bikes to see which is which. No way would an unmarked bike "accidently" be there...

In the videos she says that she thinks her career is over aqnd she does nt see a way back (although she is hopeful), which is a strange thing to say if you re trying to pretend your innocent...
    - @ddraver
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Congrats to Adam Toupalik in the Mens U23. Almost had two medals out of one race there :oops:
    Eli Iserbyt is World Champ though.

CaCxPuxXEAASlNp.jpg

CaCxPuxWwAAwbsv.jpg
  • ddraver
    Did he get the number of laps wrong?

Gawd bless 'im
    - @ddraver
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    ddraver wrote:
    Did he get the number of laps wrong?

Gawd bless 'im
    Apparently celebrated one lap early :lol:
  • ademort
    I,ve just read a report on HLN,BE which says that Femke had told Sporza that her Brother and Friend who the suspect bike belonged to had done a lap of the course together and afterwards put the bike against the team wagon. Femke said the bike is identical to her bike and her friend bought the bike from her the year before.
    She then says that the mechanics have probably took the bike mistakenly and cleaned it and prepared it for the race and she knew nothing of the mix up until the UCI checked the bike.
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • RonB
    Sounds like it was a cracking race though to be fair. I hope it features in the highlights programme tonight on ES2.
  • gweeds
    ademort wrote:
    I,ve just read a report on HLN,BE which says that Femke had told Sporza that her Brother and Friend who the suspect bike belonged to had done a lap of the course together and afterwards put the bike against the team wagon. Femke said the bike is identical to her bike and her friend bought the bike from her the year before.
    She then says that the mechanics have probably took the bike mistakenly and cleaned it and prepared it for the race and she knew nothing of the mix up until the UCI checked the bike.

Who's buying that?

Not me
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ddraver
    The men are off! Could we possibly be seeing the Belgians working together to deny vdP?
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds
    Course looks heavy now. Energy Sapper.
  • ddraver
    edited January 2016
    3 younglings on the front and pulling away from the rest (as expected). No fairytale for Sven unfortunately...

24.45kph average on first lap :shock: :shock:
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    MvdP appears to be riding WvA right off his wheel...
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds
    Insane power.
  • ddraver
    @nyvelocity coins the term "van der Triplets"...which is great
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    edited January 2016
    (bike checks are happening "live" in the pits)

https://twitter.com/marcvyver/status/693803607213379584
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    The speed on these corners is insane!!

Wout makes a small gap. Belgians are booing the dutch in true CX style....
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Van der Triplets back together, WvA swings over which could allow Pauwls back on...which is terrible...
    - @ddraver
  • RonB
    ddraver wrote:
    Belgians are booing the dutch in true CX style....

:D:D:D
  • ddraver
    There is a small possibility that Sven could get back on...which would just be fantastisch
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Takes one climb for the Triplets to drop Pauwls...good
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    VAN DER HAAR GOES!! BIG ATTACK

Elinor must be on the start straight...