Stage 19 TdF 2015 St J de Maurienne/La Toussuire *SPOILERS*

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Team Sky need to sign a few decent French riders. That would stop most of the hatred right there.

i said that a few days ago. i reckon it was part of the thought process when brailsford said he wanted to win the tour with a frenchman
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • kiwimatt
    kiwimatt Posts: 208
    Froome is a spoiled kid who knows nothing about races... a mechanical is his personal problem... if Nibali wants to attack, there is no rule preventing him from doing so.
    When Contador took advantage of Schleck's mechanical in 2011, it was the best moment of that Tour and paid off (although then the antidoping decided differently).

Wins matter, moans don't. Besides, Froome hasn't lost the jersey to Nibali, so what's the problem?

Imbecile... :roll:

Erm are you Italian by any chance Ugo...this reminds me of the 'impartial' RAI coverage of his Nibs I was watching on my holidays :wink:
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Froome is a spoiled kid who knows nothing about races... a mechanical is his personal problem... if Nibali wants to attack, there is no rule preventing him from doing so.
    When Contador took advantage of Schleck's mechanical in 2011, it was the best moment of that Tour and paid off (although then the antidoping decided differently).

Wins matter, moans don't. Besides, Froome hasn't lost the jersey to Nibali, so what's the problem?

Imbecile... :roll:

Erm are you Italian by any chance Ugo...this reminds me of the 'impartial' RAI coverage of his Nibs I was watching on my holidays :wink:

Evans got royally done over by this on the Vuelta too.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Team Sky need to sign a few decent French riders. That would stop most of the hatred right there.

Why should they have to change their recruitment to appease morons?

Because, as I tell my kids, the world isn't fair and you have to react to how it is not how you would like it to be. The treatment Sky are getting is shameful but they don't help themselves.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • disgruntledgoat

Because, as I tell my kids, the world isn't fair and you have to react to how it is not how you would like it to be. The treatment Sky are getting is shameful but they don't help themselves.

But they don't need the world to be fair. They just need to keep doing what they;re doing. Sky isn't a thing in France so what do they care?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Read all of Nibali's comments here as clearly no one has seen fit to quote them:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-nibali-justifies-attacking-during-froomes-mechanical-problem

Glad he is my man. Glad he has won a Giro and Vuelta that Froome hasnt. Great comments. Proper racer.

See comments about Froome. The guy is an egotitstical bad loser with his lanky legs, no attacks, off-putting style and posh voice. The guy has clearly spent too much time in private school. Nibali's attacks is irrelevant from a GC perspective, Froome just wants a moan. The world does not revolve around you what what tally ho.

As for the bar and the Sky dislike. As I have explained to you already, there are obvious reasosn people never liked them.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeVlaeminck
    If I'd have been Nibali I'd have done exactly what he did. So long as he broke no rules it's all fair game. Froome attacked Wiggins yet has never admitted it. The history of the sport is that these unwritten rules have often been ignored when there is a real advantage to be gained.
  • DeVlaeminck

But they don't need the world to be fair. They just need to keep doing what they;re doing. Sky isn't a thing in France so what do they care?

Fine if they don't care they can carry on, if it becomes a problem they will have to change.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Read all of Nibali's comments here as clearly no one has seen fit to quote them:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-nibali-justifies-attacking-during-froomes-mechanical-problem

Glad he is my man. Glad he has won a Giro and Vuelta that Froome hasnt. Great comments. Proper racer.

See comments about Froome. The guy is an egotitstical bad loser with his lanky legs, no attacks, off-putting style and posh voice. The guy has clearly spent too much time in private school. Nibali's attacks is irrelevant from a GC perspective, Froome just wants a moan. The world does not revolve around you what what tally ho.

As for the bar and the Sky dislike. As I have explained to you already, there are obvious reasosn people never liked them.

You know, I'm not even a Froome fan but I feel inclined to point out you can't choose your accent, or God knows I wouldn't sound like I'm from Warrington, and he attacks when he can/needs to. You just don't like it when your guy is on the other end.

@gietvangent
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247

You're comments aren't even a wind-up any more, zzzzzz
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002

I guess it's just lucky Froome didn't do something really stupid, like throwing a bottle at someone!

(Also: "no attacks"???)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660

Classy as ever...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    It's like reading the screams of an angry toddler.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Nibali wondering what the gear crunching and noise is and then buggers off down the road. anyone knows what jammed up gears sounds like. Muppet. :?

https://www.facebook.com/jerome.young.1/videos/vb.100002933958154/839701086137682/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574

I've never seen you in person but you must quite a stud to feel you can be this personal. (not that that would be any less classy, mind..)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Nibali's a crafty one. He's likely conflating Froome ranting about being spat at immediately off the bike, with the cool charges of dishonourable conduct Froome delivered on TV. But I did like him whining about being chased down this year.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552

From the World's Greatest Moral Compass no less. Good job he's not gay too.

I despair at times.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    If his childish drivel didn't get 8 replies every time it's possible he'd make better posts.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408

From letour.fr
    Towards the top of the Glandon, I had a mechanical. Some asphalt blocked my rear wheel and I had to stop to take it off. It looked to me like Nibali had the whole climb to attack and he chose that precise moment to do it. I heard from other riders that he looked back. It was not sportsmanship. I wouldn't say that he attacked the yellow jersey but he subsequently made Alejandro Valverde and Alberto Contador react, so it affected me. My feeling today is that my mechanical provoked his attack.

Not sure what he is saying here that is so wrong. I find it amusing though that the other riders basically grassed Nibali up to Froome!

As for Sky having no fans elsewhere - if you can take kit wearing in to account I've seen more non Brits wearing Sky kit than Brits - based on the language they were speaking.

Lets not forget behind all the Sky hate the people involved in Sky are just decent people. I was at the Sky bus today behind a French lad and his Dad, when all of a sudden I had to catch the lad as he fainted, he was looking very worse for wear. Once the Sky mechanics realised what had happened they asked me and the lad's dad to lift him over the barriers so he could sit down in the shade in some space. The team then ran round getting water, coke, energy drinks and ice for the lad to perk him up. Sir Dave was even there helping him. He ended up getting all sorts of Sky kit handed to him too. I ended up bumping in to them a bit later, the lad still looked dazed and confused but was clearly thrilled with the treatment he received.

Frenchie - I didn't manage to get any Contador shots today. I tried as they went passed but they came out very poor - I was a little bit enthusiastic with my encouragement. We ended up not getting any further than the Sky bus before the race due to the fainting incident, but we're at the start again tomorrow so I'll try again. Can't promise to get them online quickly though as we're moving on to Italy and not sure what wifi arrangements we have where we are staying.
  • Macaloon
    Finally cracking on stage 19, having been competitive for the previous 18, is a breakthrough performance for the lad. But he'll be disappointed with that when he sees it again.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Finally cracking on stage 19, having been competitive for the previous 18, is a breakthrough performance for the lad. But he'll be disappointed with that when he sees it again.

Been a good debut for Barguil, I agree.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I think Nibs is a coque for not waiting but Froome does winge a lot. They say LA after the Alpe d'Huez mountain TT was plastered in snot, various riders have been punched (Merckx too) (I remember Belli punching a spectator in the Giro). Robert Millar rode in front of Stephen Roche in the 88 Giro to stop Roche getting linched by the Tifosi.
    There's millions of people watching on the road and they all can't be sane. He just needs to get on with the job.
    Just wish cyclists would say about doping that riders get paid to win a race and not be a do gooder and finish last. They're professionals who get paid to win so take a guess about doping. A bit of brutal honesty is needed.
    Would also be funny if Froomey said I might be doping but no bugger can catch me! Ha bloody Ha! :D
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • hammerite
    Some photos (no more than point and click!)...

P1040324_zps2qhjycpz.jpg

P1040321_zpsba2ipzsn.jpg

P1040313_zpsjbfixlpn.jpg

P1040323_zpscfzk0vwu.jpg

Jnr and I being Sky fanbois!

P1040289_zpsk0iewzvs.jpg

P1040288_zpsamiqoupb.jpg

P1040280_zpsshpflqfb.jpg

P1040286_zpskn7rmzb7.jpg
  • hammerite
    P1040274_zpstdhhrles.jpg

P1040287_zpsdf2c11lc.jpg

P1040308_zpsxspanpaz.jpg
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Not since Floyd Landis have we seen such a dramtic transformation in the Tour de France! Vino certainly knows how to get inside a rider's head!
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Sad to read this sort of stuff.
    @carltonkirby I was on Col Du Glandon yesterday and it was pure hatred towards @TeamSky in a bar today and non-stop booing. #tragic

I wonder whether Sky shouldn't take the nuclear option and boycott the Tour next year. I would have no problem with them doing that.

I'm in the middle of Fotheringham's bio of Mercx - the French hated him too. Froome should be flattered!

Frenchie there are plenty of reasons to dislike you too, or at least your internet persona, but I don't think you'd like it much if we all spat at you on the way in to work. It should be fairly easy to identify the guys that spat at Froome from the video I have seen, he should be taken in.
  • robnewcastle
    robnewcastle Posts: 241

This is the best one yet, lol Pure wind up merchant surely? Nobody seriously writes "my man" constantly too, ha.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    If his childish drivel didn't get 8 replies every time it's possible he'd make better posts.
    Too sensible.. but he should probably get the BR version of Le Prix de la combativité though
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257

This is the best one yet, lol Pure wind up merchant surely? Nobody seriously writes "my man" constantly too, ha.

I know I shouldn't bite.....but........

No attacks? His attack after the first rest day is exactly what has put him in the spotlight and has everyone calling him a doper, it's One of the most watched moves of the tour this year, I've seen news sources that usually go nowhere near cycling reporting it and showing footage.
  • Macaloon
    "@ChrisFroome 3 years ago
    Now @Nairo knows how it feels to lose a tour towing an ungrateful lump to the line."