Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598

It's all relative Stevo. Where on earth do you think the current iteration of the Tory party are?!?!

Not as far to right as the outpouring of bile in Cake Stop would suggest - IMHO. But that's for another thread, we're here to bash the lefties, as the OP has made clear a few times :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,683
    Stevo_666 said:

It's all relative Stevo. Where on earth do you think the current iteration of the Tory party are?!?!

Not as far to right as the outpouring of bile in Cake Stop would suggest - IMHO. But that's for another thread, we're here to bash the lefties, as the OP has made clear a few times :)
    The bile isn't about how right wing they are Stevo, it's about how incompetent, complacent and corrupt they are.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

The bile isn't about how right wing they are Stevo, it's about how incompetent, complacent and corrupt they are.
    Let's keep it on topic as mentioned above ;)

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Stevo_666 said:

Where do you think cake stop overstates the right-wingness?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    edited May 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

If you want to froth over something (or nothing), the Sue Gray 'report' won't be published today, just ahead of the local elections, because Sue Gray didn't accept the 'invitation' to make a submission to the cabinet enquiry, though she's co-operating completely with Acoba, which makes recommendations into moving out of the CS into other employments.

Can't think why she wouldn't want to contribute to an enquiry overseen by Simon Case and Rishi Sunak... the terms of which seem to be rather opaque...

Maybe she was trying to delay the findings until after the elections. After all, Starmer is due to be her new paymaster.

Maybe, though it would be a bit of a stretch to describe Simon Case as an unbiased arbitrator. And let's not forget that they delayed the Johnson report so as not to influence the then-forthcoming local elections.

Anyway, too early to tell, but it looks like the Tory-friendly press rather prematurely ejaculated.
    Thing is the story has leaked - and just like the Cake Stop Kangaroo Court, evidence is not always need to find someone guilty.
    🤣

This is almost as funny as reading Dan Hodges's endless pleading that this is some huge conspiracy.

Just like his assurances that Starmer would have to resign over that curry.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 3,536
    Stevo_666 said:

OP sounds a bit snowflake-y for being hurt that the discussion isn't going as they expected...
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

Stevo_666 said:

anything to do with economics as on a scale they are to the left of Brown alongside Ed Miliband
  • rick_chasey

Stevo_666 said:

anything to do with economics as on a scale they are to the left of Brown alongside Ed Miliband
    As opposed to just populist far right stuff?
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure that record peacetime high taxation and borrowing is right wing.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756

Stevo_666 said:

Both isn't it?
  • rjsterry
    edited May 2023
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

If you want to froth over something (or nothing), the Sue Gray 'report' won't be published today, just ahead of the local elections, because Sue Gray didn't accept the 'invitation' to make a submission to the cabinet enquiry, though she's co-operating completely with Acoba, which makes recommendations into moving out of the CS into other employments.

Can't think why she wouldn't want to contribute to an enquiry overseen by Simon Case and Rishi Sunak... the terms of which seem to be rather opaque...

Maybe she was trying to delay the findings until after the elections. After all, Starmer is due to be her new paymaster.

Maybe, though it would be a bit of a stretch to describe Simon Case as an unbiased arbitrator. And let's not forget that they delayed the Johnson report so as not to influence the then-forthcoming local elections.

Anyway, too early to tell, but it looks like the Tory-friendly press rather prematurely ejaculated.
    Thing is the story has leaked - and just like the Cake Stop Kangaroo Court, evidence is not always need to find someone guilty.
    🤣

This is almost as funny as reading Dan Hodges's endless pleading that this is some huge conspiracy.

It gets better. He's now writing bitchy tweets to other journalists who are gently mocking him for not being able to back up his claims that the report he's seen is definitely, definitely going to bring down Starmer.

The government that can't even leak to the press without f***ing it up.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    edited May 2023

Stevo_666 said:

Not sure that record peacetime high taxation and borrowing is right wing.
    Plenty of right wingers are big on tax and borrowing. Didn't pay much attention to Forza Italia?

Populism is populism.
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

Agree, it is funny because its true :smile:
  • Stevo_666
    Jezyboy said:

Stevo_666 said:

OP sounds a bit snowflake-y for being hurt that the discussion isn't going as they expected...
    Just poking fun at leftie losers, as this thread has been doing for a few years now. Sorry if you don't like that ;)
  • rjsterry
    Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

What is?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,511
    Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

Evidence would be good, either from Hodges, or you, if you have it.
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

What is?
    What I wrote above about the Cake Stop Kangaroo Court. Which other ones are you getting confused with?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

Ots enough evidence for me, I'm not trying to convince anyone else.

You really have turned full leftie Brian.
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

Oh, I thought you liked people to supply evidence, given you always ask for it when people give opinions. My mistake, obvs.

If it's asking for evidence that you think makes me a leftie, you're Corbyn and ICMFP.
  • rjsterry
    edited May 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

What is?
    What I wrote above about the Cake Stop Kangaroo Court. Which other ones are you getting confused with?
    It's pretty widely reported why she withdrew cooperation from the secondary 'inquiry'. ACOBA will already decide what she can or can't do. If No. 10 had something it'd be published by now, so... What do you think they have?

So far they have published a list of things she hasn't done.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry
    So the big reveal is that Gray first met with Starmer in October. Several months after her endlessly delayed report was published.

That's it.

Not sure that's going to make the difference in the local elections.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet
    rjsterry said:

So the big reveal is that Gray first met with Starmer in October. Several months after her endlessly delayed report was published.

That's it.

Buried in this mess of a report in the Telegraph:

"[T]he Cabinet Office on Tuesday released an update on Ms Gray’s departure from her high-ranking Whitehall position which, contrary to briefing to the press, did not say that she had broken rules by speaking to the opposition while still working for the Government.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/05/03/sue-gray-no-pay-labour-keir-starmer-controversy/
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

Oh, I thought you liked people to supply evidence, given you always ask for it when people give opinions. My mistake, obvs.

If it's asking for evidence that you think makes me a leftie, you're Corbyn and ICMFP.
    The leak is all about the court of public opinion.

You've gone full on tory hater based on what you post about them. Have your eyes started swivelling? :)
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry said:

That's it.

Guess we'll never know how much impact this has on today's vote. Amusingly Labour didn't even put forward any candidates round our way. At least they know when they're beaten.
  • rjsterry
    Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

That's it.

Guess we'll never know how much impact this has on today's vote. Amusingly Labour didn't even put forward any candidates round our way. At least they know when they're beaten.
    I'd estimate precisely zero given that even Dan Hodges has got bored.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

You've gone full on tory hater based on what you post about them. Have your eyes started swivelling? :)

I hate incompetence, lying, xenophobia, bleeding poor people to pay for tax cuts for the rich (Truss), and Brexit, not Tories per se. As I've said before, if Sunak could turn the ship around on the lying (it;s better than under Johnson) and bit the bullet on Brexit, you might find that I, along with others, might find them more palatable.

If you want to persuade me to vote Tory, you'll have to come up with something more positive rather than "at least they aren't Labour".
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

I hate incompetence, lying, xenophobia, bleeding poor people to pay for tax cuts for the rich (Truss), and Brexit, not Tories per se. As I've said before, if Sunak could turn the ship around on the lying (it;s better than under Johnson) and bit the bullet on Brexit, you might find that I, along with others, might find them more palatable.

If you want to persuade me to vote Tory, you'll have to come up with something more positive rather than "at least they aren't Labour".
    I already know what you think from your previous posts, but let's hope you don't lose sight of the principles that made you a Tory voter in the first place.
  • briantrumpet
    edited May 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

I already know what you think from your previous posts, but let's hope you don't lose sight of the principles that made you a Tory voter in the first place.

I've not, and that's why it's so sad to see what Johnson and Brexit have done to the party, not least as if Labour gets into power I do want a decent, principled opposition.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

rjsterry said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

🤣

I've not, and that's why it's so sad to see what Johnson and Brexit have done to the party, not least as if Labour gets into power I do want a decent, principled opposition.
    Good to see we haven't lost you to The Dark Side - remember, don't let the hate flow through you. To use a bit of Star Wars phraseology.