Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,669
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stephen Hawking was a Labour supporter (but definitely not a Corbyn fan).
    Hawking was clearly good at science and complex theories, but I never saw anyone claiming he was a political genius.

Good at solving problems and stuff, though.
    True that, but not in politics.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hawking was clearly good at science and complex theories, but I never saw anyone claiming he was a political genius.

Ahh, but your criteria for not being a member of Labour was intellectual colossusness. If you are now claiming that you cannot be a member of the labour party and a political genius at the same time then that is an entirely different thing.

Besides, do political geniuses exist? And if so, are any of them actually in politics? I've seen little evidence. In the UK at least.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,302
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Good at solving problems and stuff, though.
    True that, but not in politics.

Ay, he may have been smart in his own way, but he was no Mark Francois.
  • Stevo_666
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ahh, but your criteria for not being a member of Labour was intellectual colossusness. If you are now claiming that you cannot be a member of the labour party and a political genius at the same time then that is an entirely different thing.

Besides, do political geniuses exist? And if so, are any of them actually in politics? I've seen little evidence. In the UK at least.
    There are different types of intelligence Rolf and people are better in some areas than others, for example:

9-types-of-intelligence-infographic.png

I thought that a bright bloke like you would already know that :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    bompington wrote:
    Not sure you got the humorous angle on this Bompo. Maybe I need to add more smileys next time? :wink:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Not sure you got the humorous angle on this Bompo. Maybe I need to add more smileys next time? :wink:
    ... and if all other distraction, misdirection and repeatedly claiming black is white fail the troll manual says you can always try "I'm only joking"
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    ... and that's from someone who agrees with you :roll:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,745
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There are different types of intelligence Rolf and people are better in some areas than others, for example:

:lol: Never thought I'd see you posting such hippyish stuff, Stevo. And from a site with a 'make your own infographic' option. :)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stevo_666
    bompington wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    ... and if all other distraction, misdirection and repeatedly claiming black is white fail the troll manual says you can always try "I'm only joking"
    Bit of a 'Pink Floyd' day for you I reckon, given the sense of humour failure? But of course I expected you to do a bit of sniping.
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:lol: Never thought I'd see you posting such hippyish stuff, Stevo. And from a site with a 'make your own infographic' option. :)
    Just a bit of fun, as you can see given you're not thick and/or devoid of a sense of humour :wink:
  • rjsterry
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Stevo_666
    bompington wrote:
    ... and that's from someone who agrees with you :roll:
    It seems to be mainly down to the differences on the sense of humour front. You need need to get one by the sound of it.
  • rolf_f
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Apols Stevo. I'm great at all of those things so I tend to lump them together........!
  • kingstongraham
    Which of those does your man JC exhibit? I can't see any of them which is a concern in our future PM.
  • rolf_f
    Which of those does your man JC exhibit? I can't see any of them which is a concern in our future PM.

To whom are you directing the phrase "your man JC"?
  • kingstongraham
    Rolf F wrote:

I'm only aware of one person who's actually voted for him.
  • rolf_f
    Rolf F wrote:

I'm only aware of one person who's actually voted for him.

Who is that then?
  • Stevo_666
    Rolf F wrote:
    Apols Stevo. I'm great at all of those things so I tend to lump them together........!
    I notice there isn't a segment for modesty Rolf, and the delusional segment is missing :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,795
    Has Corbyn said he’s gonna nationalise Jamie’s yet?
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Has Corbyn said he’s gonna nationalise Jamie’s yet?
    He could offer them the contract to provide all school meals.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    I notice there isn't a segment for modesty Rolf, and the delusional segment is missing :)

The laws of Jante:

You're not to think you are anything special.
    You're not to think you are as good as we are.
    You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
    You're not to imagine yourself better than we are.
    You're not to think you know more than we do.
    You're not to think you are more important than we are.
    You're not to think you are good at anything.
    You're not to laugh at us.
    You're not to think anyone cares about you.
    You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Guess their forums are pretty boring.
  • rjsterry
    One can only assume Corbyn is either bluffing or doesn't believe the polls as he is again calling for a General election.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry
    So, the Conservatives, Lib Dems and UKIP are all changing leader over the next couple of months. Any chance of persuading Jeremy to do the decent thing?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• robert88
    rjsterry wrote:
    So, the Conservatives, Lib Dems and UKIP are all changing leader over the next couple of months. Any chance of persuading Jeremy to do the decent thing?

Can you suggest a successor. In all seriousness as I know little about his colleagues.
  • rjsterry
    Robert88 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Can you suggest a successor. In all seriousness as I know little about his colleagues.

Starmer would be a colossal improvement.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

True, but it is a very low bar indeed.
  • rjsterry
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Indeed. Corbyn's cat would be an improvement. At least it could sit on the fence and look comfortable there.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Meanwhile the Tories struggle to find the "better than Theresa May" candidate
  • robert88
    rjsterry wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Certainly would but he would faced with a colossal task compared with which cleaning the Augean stables was light housework.