Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Comments

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good to see Labour looking to increase our international influence if they take power:
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1141156/john-mcdonnell-cuba-labour-jeremy-corbyn-communism-che-guevara

The mask does seem to slip quite often with McDonnell.

Interested that you read the Daily Express although not altogether a surprise. Brain cell tax avoidance.
    Assumption is the mother of all something or other Robert. A bit like trying to claim debt is the same as equity - not even the Daily Express has tried to claim that :wink:

It's not savvy enough to understand the way in which debt and equity can be the same. I make money because I do understand that debt and equity must be considered as have similar effects. Investing is a zero sum game so I don't intend to share the proposition any further on the internet.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good to see Labour looking to increase our international influence if they take power:
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1141156/john-mcdonnell-cuba-labour-jeremy-corbyn-communism-che-guevara

Interested that you read the Daily Express although not altogether a surprise. Brain cell tax avoidance.
    Assumption is the mother of all something or other Robert. A bit like trying to claim debt is the same as equity - not even the Daily Express has tried to claim that :wink:

It's not savvy enough to understand the way in which debt and equity can be the same. I make money because I do understand that debt and equity must be considered as have similar effects. Investing is a zero sum game so I don't intend to share the proposition any further on the internet.

normally I would let this go but I have a real bugbear about people writing incorrect info about investing on open forums. You are totally wrong and should not try to mislead others who may base expensive decisions on that misinformation.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

normally I would let this go but I have a real bugbear about people writing incorrect info about investing on open forums. You are totally wrong and should not try to mislead others who may base expensive decisions on that misinformation.

Also, investing is not a zero sum game.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You really need to stop talking so much b*llocks about investing.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

1. I haven't given any information on which any one is likely base a decision. Don't be so sanctimonious. I did suggest avoiding HL but as they say, do your own research.
    2. It certainly is a zero sum game. It's a form of gambling - that's why it's fun. Only fool would do it without limiting it to risk capital anyway. i.e. I could lose the lot and walk away laughing. There are plenty of fools, I grant you.

It does seem to wind certain people up - I wonder why?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    Robert88 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

1. I haven't given any information on which any one is likely base a decision. Don't be so sanctimonious. I did suggest avoiding HL but as they say, do your own research.
    2. It certainly is a zero sum game. It's a form of gambling - that's why it's fun. Only fool would do it without limiting it to risk capital anyway. i.e. I could lose the lot and walk away laughing. There are plenty of fools, I grant you.

Maybe the way you "invest" is a zero sum game. If a company grows and makes profits, the money you make from that company is not at the expense of another investor.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You may be trying to imply that you're the Cake Stop answer to Warren Buffett but that statement above means nothing and makes me think you are bull****ting.

And it would appear I'm not the only one who thinks that...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    It’s a wind up since you’re talking utter boll*cks.

It’s like I turn around and say I’m doing some chemistry and did you know aluminium and iron are actually the same thing.

Total nonsense.
  • surrey_commuter
    Robert88 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you claimed to be a billionaire fintech entrepreneur I would leave you to it. However there was another walt on here claiming to be making 25% day trading from his kitchen table and impressionable people may be lead into thinking they can make an easy living. You might know enough to fool your normal social circle but on here you are being called out so why not just let it go. You got a gentle ribbing with your first excursions but it really is time to give up this pretence.
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you claimed to be a billionaire fintech entrepreneur I would leave you to it. However there was another walt on here claiming to be making 25% day trading from his kitchen table and impressionable people may be lead into thinking they can make an easy living. You might know enough to fool your normal social circle but on here you are being called out so why not just let it go. You got a gentle ribbing with your first excursions but it really is time to give up this pretence.
    In terms of Cake Stop 'Walter Mittys', vtech is still top of the leader board. He was a fair bit less subtle but the approach was similar.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • surrey_commuter
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

In terms of Cake Stop 'Walter Mittys', vtech is still top of the leader board. He was a fair bit less subtle but the approach was similar.

before my time but if you could post a link that would help the day crawl past
  • Stevo_666
    And here's the thread where he got rumbled - quite a good read:
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/viewtopic.php?t=13062689

It was the last we heard of him on this forum.
  • surrey_commuter
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    And here's the thread where he got rumbled - quite a good read:
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/viewtopic.php?t=13062689

It was the last we heard of him on this forum.

OT but the guy with the tinfoil bar tape was very angry... I thought his fence looked OK :D
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fba35d574-93e9-11e7-83ab-f4624cccbabe?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700

Damn! I should really like this bloke. If he could really get behind business and show the economy is the salient driving force to the UK's prosperity.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    FocusZing wrote:
    http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fba35d574-93e9-11e7-83ab-f4624cccbabe?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700

Damn! I should really like this bloke. If he could really get behind business and show the economy is the salient driving force to the UK's prosperity.
    He can't even buy a bike that is the right size.
    Is he going for the highest stack competition? :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

I'm happy to let him off for that on a back compliant extension technicality.
  • Stevo_666
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

If he gets in we'll probably all end up riding bikes to get around whether we want to or not.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

If he gets in we'll probably all end up riding bikes to get around whether we want to or not.
    If he gets in, it will be due to the complete disaster of the last two administrations rather than any direct effect of his own leadership.
  • Stevo_666
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

If he gets in, it will be due to the complete disaster of the last two administrations rather than any direct effect of his own leadership.
    Probably because he doesn't do leadership. It's his policies I'd be worried about.
  • rick_chasey
    Front shot shows he runs Euro brake set up FYI.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Probably because he doesn't do leadership. It's his policies I'd be worried about.

You'll get to find out soon. Have you not heard, his alter ego, Bojo is planning on making big tax cuts and giving big public sector pay rises and getting us out of the EU on Oct 31st. They are pretty much exactly the same hair and fatness aside.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Stevo_666
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

You'll get to find out soon. Have you not heard, his alter ego, Bojo is planning on making big tax cuts and giving big public sector pay rises and getting us out of the EU on Oct 31st. They are pretty much exactly the same hair and fatness aside.
    Got a link to anywhere that says Corbyn will cut taxes Rolf?
  • rolf_f
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Seems to be all over the net and the news - take your pic. Seems to be a Trumpish knee jerk reaction to the negative feedback for his tax cut for high earners so now he is raising the NI threshold in the vague hope that nobody will notice that the numbers don't stack up. No need to worry really - he won't implement any of it; it's just for votes!
    "Believe me, there is cash now available" he told host Sophie Ridge.
    Why he thinks anyone should believe him I have no idea.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    Not sure if joking or completely misread question.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stevo_666
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Seems to be all over the net and the news - take your pic. Seems to be a Trumpish knee jerk reaction to the negative feedback for his tax cut for high earners so now he is raising the NI threshold in the vague hope that nobody will notice that the numbers don't stack up. No need to worry really - he won't implement any of it; it's just for votes!
    Raising the NI threshold in isolation may qualify as a tax cut but I was thinking more in overall terms. When you add in other known Corbyn plans such as hiking the corporate tax rate to 26% and lowering the threshold for the top income tax rate from £150k to £80k I'm pretty sure he isn't proposing to reduce the overall tax burden.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    So that we're clear.

JC's socialist utopia can only be delivered either through 'anti-capitalist' tax increases or leftiebollox magic money trees.

However, the current party of government can both promise tax cuts and increased spending simultaneously whilst threatening the disaster of JC. Rightiebollox or what.

For clarity, I am not a JC supporter but the hypocrisy of the Tory candidates and supporters is staggering.

I despair of current politics.
  • rolf_f
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

Raising the NI threshold in isolation may qualify as a tax cut but I was thinking more in overall terms. When you add in other known Corbyn plans such as hiking the corporate tax rate to 26% and lowering the threshold for the top income tax rate from £150k to £80k I'm pretty sure he isn't proposing to reduce the overall tax burden.

Phewww; he is backtracking already!
    ....in response to a question from the BBC, refused to guarantee above-inflation pay rises. He said:

I certainly think that you need to have decent pay in the public sector, absolutely.

When pressed again on this, he said:

I used to run large public sector organisations in London. I was very proud of what we did. And it’s very, very important when you’re in charge of a great public service, whether it’s the police or transport or local government, you’ve got to make sure that you understand their cares and their needs. And the only way to get the reform that you sometimes need in public services is to be their champion and their support.

So, public sector has been underpaid wrt inflation for years, they are valued, they will get a pay rise but it won't be above inflation. I'm sure I can't see any fundamental contradiction in there. Almost as crazy as the idea that you can be in favour of a deal and in favour no deal at the same time!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    TBF, Hammond has been calling them out on it, but it's falling on deaf ears.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • surrey_commuter
    morstar wrote:
    So that we're clear.

JC's socialist utopia can only be delivered either through 'anti-capitalist' tax increases or leftiebollox magic money trees.

However, the current party of government can both promise tax cuts and increased spending simultaneously whilst threatening the disaster of JC. Rightiebollox or what.

For clarity, I am not a JC supporter but the hypocrisy of the Tory candidates and supporters is staggering.

I despair of current politics.

It feels wrong to think it but at least Farage is making an effort to balance the books by scrapping HS2 and halving overseas aid.